Official Gus on Twitter

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a fkn joke! Rorters whinge deluxe about Radley getting binned while this was the real crime. The penalty was ridiculous enough but to actually get charged for a strong tackle?! Fkn ludicrous!
Just when you thought the idiot referees couldn't get any dumber. They penalise and fine a tough tackle. Absolute clowns. Fuck Suallii the fucking sook, stayed down like a flop trying to milk it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just looked at Hughes tackle on Sualli. Great Dogs of War tackle.
Def not a head slam but he ended up under Hughes arm and on the point of his own shoulder. Head naturally followed with momentum.

Tough one but knowing how penalties go against us...it's best not to sling them around.

Sualli def have a sore shoulder for a few days.

Last edited:

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just looked at Hughes tackle on Sualli. Great Dogs of War tackle.
Def not a head slam but he ended up under Hughes arm and on the point of his own shoulder. Head naturally followed with momentum.

Tough one but knowing how penalties go against us...it's best not to sling them around.

Sualli def have a sore shoulder for a few days.
Good to see Hughes using his size and showing some aggression. Yeah he sailed close to the wind but that's what your front rowers job is

He made an impact with and without the ball and had his best game for us so far.

Hopefully now the bar has been set for what is expected of him and he will take alot of confidence into next week

A prop of his size making an impact improves us as a team dramatically

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Hughes "dangerous tackle was a nothing penalty which got them on the scoreboard really. They had to charge Hughes to justify the bullshit decision on field that directly bought the chooks into the game.

With a bit of luck Suluka Fifita will be a wrecking ball. He's come from a club with one of the stronger packs. There's been plenty of cases in the past when these buys turned out very well for us. Just going to cross my fingers that he's another astute buy.
Yep, I am hoping for the same

Hopefully once he is back to full fitness he can make an impact and will really add size and aggression to our pack

Him and Hughes firing up front could be just what we are desperately searching for

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hughes got penalised for not getting a pillow and blanket for Sua'ali'i and tucking him in properly. I was losing my mind as that was a great, hard tackle that was completely legal. It's more proof that the game has gone soft and is slowly dying under V'landys.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good to see Hughes using his size and showing some aggression. Yeah he sailed close to the wind but that's what your front rowers job is

He made an impact with and without the ball and had his best game for us so far.

Hopefully now the bar has been set for what is expected of him and he will take alot of confidence into next week

A prop of his size making an impact improves us as a team dramatically
Have been impressed with Hughes for a while and hoping he can go on with it. Maybe the Props Academy is teaching them to be more aggressive and competitive. It's what we need.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hughes got penalised for not getting a pillow and blanket for Sua'ali'i and tucking him in properly. I was losing my mind as that was a great, hard tackle that was completely legal. It's more proof that the game has gone soft and is slowly dying under V'landys.
And the next day that fat flop takes Johnson’s head off with a deliberate, forceful elbow to the head ……. Penalty play on the system is fucked.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could have been bad. But I think momentum had as much to do with the way it unfolded. And to be honest I'm surprised they didn't take the chance to send him off.
Borderline Supplex.