Round 6 - Slim Pickings

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think King will play. We’re stuck with Billy Idol and that ex Dolphins guy.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bookies have @ $6.05 that’s fuckedddddd
The Storm will certainly be nervous - no way they would agree with these odds. Dogs should be perfectly happy with being the rank outsider .... just like last year. Should I risk Dogs getting thrashed by 50+ and go along, wasn't many Dogs supporters there last year.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hope Wilson gets a crack at FB I still don’t think Critta is 100% fit he looked slow at FB last night
don't think Wilson has trained at fb so it'll most likely be critta

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thank goodness imagine him with Coates in the air. I would keep Crighton at centre and maybe Xerri fullback
would rather someone who regularly trains/ plays at fb then someone who has never played there

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was concerned as it was, going down to Melbourne next week, but now with all our injuries what is the team going to look like?

What we know: Mann, Taffy, Edwards won’t play. Tracey very unlikely. Patolo? JAC and Wilson might be ok. Mann will be the biggest loss.

So, where does that leave the lineup? Hopefully Wilson and JAC are available and Wilson plays fb. If not Critta fb, JAC & Wilson wings, Kiraz & Xerri centres. Skelton would be a good option but don’t think he’s played much lately?

The forwards aren’t too badly affected. We still have King, Hughes and Curran, Kiks may be in doubt though. Salmon can’t be dropped grrr. Kautoga will play again.

I’d prefer a team like this…

1. Wilson
2. JAC
3. Critta
4. Xerri
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Reed
10. Hughes
11. Kiks or Curran if he’s injured
12. Salmon
13. Hutch

14. Hayward
15. Poasa
16. Patolo or Knight if he’s injured
17. Kautoga

Still a solid team which shows how much our depth has improved.
Tuesdays team shit will definitely be interesting. Fingers crossed some of our boys come good!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CC was at Belmore today as a keen observer... I dont think Paps will be thrown in the deep end yet but he didn't look like he wouldn't be up for it.

Papali'i and Taafe are extremely similiar FB's too so the style of play wouldn't be disrupted.

BUT we know CC... he'll play it safe and go for experience.

Critta
Wilso
Kiraz
Xerri/Tracey
JAC

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Let it go mate. Kiraz will never play fb at the dogs. Not with Taffe, Chritta, Tracey and Papali'i in front of him.
Taffe out , Tracey more than likely out, Critta way better at centre especially for team defence , And can't see CC debut Paps in Melb....
I personally would love to see Papali but can't see it happening.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Taffe out , Tracey more than likely out, Critta way better at centre especially for team defence , And can't see CC debut Paps in Melb....
I personally would love to see Papali but can't see it happening.
Still no chance of playing fb IMO.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell ya what i wish we had Jack Todd and Lipoi Hopoi in the 30... These kids are made for first.. Both putting in MOM performances for reserve grade.

Also Damon Marshall never looking out of place against the bigger boys, so disciplined.

Damn we have a middle ready to rip in!!! F U future, why do we have to wait.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how much time Critta spent training at fullback during the off season compared to say, Taaffe?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone actually know how much time Critta spent training at fullback during the off season compared to say, Taaffe?
Not sure.. but apparently he’s played juniors there and he did play fb at one of the panthers’ world club challenges. He needs to spend more time there… he looks the goods but his d just needs to be tweaked, a lot of those tries would have been saved by him if he knew where to hit and how to roll ‘em

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tell ya what i wish we had Jack Todd and Lipoi Hopoi in the 30... These kids are made for first.. Both putting in MOM performances for reserve grade.

Also Damon Marshall never looking out of place against the bigger boys, so disciplined.

Damn we have a middle ready to rip in!!! F U future, why do we have to wait.
There’s no more top 30 restrictions I heard