News MR SIX PER CENT! BULLDOGS ONLY WIN ONE FROM 15 GAMES UNDER SUTTON

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember ringing Talkin Sport years ago about Harrigan. Graeme went on and on about him being the best ever referee.

I pointed out that the Bulldogs had a 30% win rate under him, and he seemed a bit surprised.

I viewed our record under Harrigan as a clash of styles. We liked a forward dominated game, and he liked a fast tempo game, which in that era suited the Bronocs. Our record under him in his later years improved a bit.

It‘s not the same problem with Golden Boy Sutton.
My story is little dramatic :laughing:
Goes back to an off season in the mid nineties after losing only 4 games the previous season all under horrible Harrigan's refereeing,
One day I was having lunch in a pub with a friend a Bulldogs supporter when suddenly Harrigan walks in with friends, he came towards us to check a wine fridge he said, Hi boys we acknowledge, and like usual I couldn't help myself,
I said are you going to be lenient this year towards the Bulldogs Billy
He replied I have no problems with Canterbury it's the other way around
I said we've lost 4 games last season all under your refereeing
He said you mean to tell me I shouldn't have given a late penalty try against Polla-Mounter,
I said I agree on the penalty try but 3 times you should have penalised the opposition just prior but didn't...that penalty try wouldn't have existed,
My friend said while giggling leave him alone he is here to have lunch,
I said it's a dream comes true to have the opportunity to say my piece of mind to him,
Billy laughed and said "have a good day boys" then walked away...I still hate him :laughing:

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice nothing on social media, Imagine if this gets more traction though.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Wondering what the aggregate scoreline is but cbf....

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Goes back to an off season in the mid nineties after losing only 4 games the previous season all under horrible Harrigan's refereeing,
One day I was having lunch in a pub with a friend a Bulldogs supporter when suddenly Harrigan walks in with friends, he came towards us to check a wine fridge he said, Hi boys we acknowledge, and like usual I couldn't help myself,
He said you mean to tell me I shouldn't have given a late penalty try against Polla-Mounter,
I said I agree on the penalty try but 3 times you should have penalised the opposition just prior but didn't...that penalty try wouldn't have existed,
I said it's a dream comes true to have the opportunity to say my piece of mind to him,
Billy laughed and said "have a good day boys" then walked away...I still hate him :laughing:
Just realised that friend is on TK now, he remembers,
How are you doing Muttely ? :tearsofjoy:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Bills wifes family lived across the road from my old house. So I'd see him most school holidays but generally kept the Dogs off the menu - bit creepy when someone is living close to your in laws and giving u a hard time footy wise.

All I can say is that his in-laws thought he was a bit left of centre if u know what I'm saying.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When I was reffing juniors our last refs meeting before the season started a first grade ref came to our meeting to give us a bit of a pep talk and talk about new interpretations.

Before he got to the top, Harrigan came to one of our meetings.

Couldn’t help but think he was full of himself.

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bills wifes family lived across the road from my old house. So I'd see him most school holidays but generally kept the Dogs off the menu - bit creepy when someone is living close to your in laws and giving u a hard time footy wise.

All I can say is that his in-laws thought he was a bit left of centre if u know what I'm saying.
All I can say is he was amazing at controlling the results and got away with it :(

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When I was reffing juniors our last refs meeting before the season started a first grade ref came to our meeting to give us a bit of a pep talk and talk about new interpretations.

Before he got to the top, Harrigan came to one of our meetings.

Couldn’t help but think he was full of himself.
You can tell he had that cockiness attitude watching him talk to players during games, too late now but I wish that was his only problem :nomouth:

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can tell he had that cockiness attitude watching him talk to players during games, too late now but I wish that was his only problem :nomouth:
If you are not confident, almost to the point of being arrogant, then players will walk all over you,and push the envelope to the n’th degree.