OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Discussion thread | Round 4 | Good Friday vs Souths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taafe and Tracey can also put in kicks.. Kiraz and Wilso put in some decent ones last week.

I'm sure Salmon and Mann can also kick..

Seems we have a team of versatile professionals.. who would have thought.
You could say they have utility value..........or perhaps are utilitarian...

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expecting a big game from critta . Burton usually plays good once every 2 games so he is expected to play well this week too
Two?
Id love it if it were two.....

I think more like 6.
For the 5 games in between, i question as to whether hes the right choice at 5/8th...

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
should we move critta to right center to shut out souths left side attack or should we just leave it as it is

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
should we move critta to right center to shut out souths left side attack or should we just leave it as it is
Would need too much of a reshuffle. I have never seen Kiraz play on the left for us, so It would mean Tracy going to centre, Wilson to left wing and Kiraz to right wing. Just leave as is I reckon. I am interested to see which edge Kolamatangi lines up. I like the idea of Preston vs Host. Host is a bit like Waddell, not very good laterally in defence.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two?
Id love it if it were two.....

I think more like 6.
For the 5 games in between, i question as to whether hes the right choice at 5/8th...
Burton is the most talented player in the team. He has all the Magic sometimes too much Magic and doesn't know how to use his real strengths obsessing on his bomb. I do think the bomb is a tactic this week only if there are 5 chasers on Fatrell and no soft option of passing to a winger. Sadly for Magic the magic comes very few and far between.

Terry Lamb on the other hand averaged one bad game a season if that and he didn't have the speed, size, power or bomb of Burton. He was tough, he was heart and he was always alive in a game. There's a clip on YouTube of Lamb being smashed in back play after passing the ball to one of the Mortimer's, gets back up to his feet and 60m later backs up Steve Mortimer to score under the posts. Burton and players of today stay down to milk the penalty Kikau excepted he didn't milk it vs Cronulla.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would need too much of a reshuffle. I have never seen Kiraz play on the left for us, so It would mean Tracy going to centre, Wilson to left wing and Kiraz to right wing. Just leave as is I reckon. I am interested to see which edge Kolamatangi lines up. I like the idea of Preston vs Host. Host is a bit like Waddell, not very good laterally in defence.
IMO I think Waddell is a much improved player. He was in our top 3 performers last year and he's going very well for Manly to date. Waddell is a much better and more mature player since 2021-22.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a good question. Ordinarily I'd say yes, especially with how strong Critta is in defense. But with our attack only just starting to click, we risk disrupting something that's getting good. Preston is strong defensively. Kiraz needs to be sure to aim up and Tracey is normally a good defender. I'm hoping they spent plenty of time working on comms this week, their calls, when to come in, when to stick.

That and I'm hoping our right edge attack mauls their left edge, so they're too tired from chasing us as we race down the field to score.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kikau to be sent to the bin, they score a couple while his gone and take the lead. Sutton doesn’t give us a chance and we lose in a tight one.
Or we pump them and don’t give sutton any chance to help them win
Our discipline is a lot better than last year (with the exception of the Parra game but I don’t know if that was us or a sh!t go with the ref).

Defensively, we’re light years ahead of what we dished up last season and that’s a combination of doing reps in the preseason heavily focused on defensive systems and recruiting experienced NRL men and not half our squad being made up of cup players.

Some are divided on here between getting the win or getting flogged from a South’s bounce back - make no mistake, they will be frothing for this game but I think we’re not the same marshmallow team we once were, despite being a smaller pack, we’re more committed and resilient than we have been for years.

I’m predicting a very close result, I’m not sure we have enough firepower in a close contest but I still believe we get the chocolates 22-18

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS how the fuck are the scum favourites? Because the owners AKA betting agencies, know their employee will "manipulate" the result?

PPS I really hope we win so they lose a fuck load of money.

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We will have to contain latrell and cook. Both have reasons to play out of their skin this week. Cook starting again after coming from the bench last week will have something to prove, and Latrell has been copping it left right and centre from everyone the last week, and will wanna prove something too

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
3 things we need for a 13+ win....

1. We need to repeat last week's performance

2. We need Souths to continue their putrid 2024 form

3. We need to give zero ammo to that Sutton ****.

This happens and there is no reason why we can't put 40-50 points on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.