Who will win the premiership?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only way Panthers not win 4 in a row is if Cleary gets injured. Everyone else is dispensable.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could've said the same about Kiks and Critta but look how they played last night. Yeo's running style and ball distribution can be mimicked.
When they didn't have Edwards last year they didn't get close to winning

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as the two teams playing tonight don't win the comp, I'll be happy.

Much rather see the Panthers make it 4 in a row as they're great to watch when they're on song, which is most of the time. Only serious threat to them, unfortunately are the Rorters.

I know it's only early in the season, but Broncos are having a horror run with injuries to some of their better players and they lost Farnsworth and Fegler in the off season. They're still a top 8 team but can't see them making the GF.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So long as the two teams playing tonight don't win the comp, I'll be happy.

Much rather see the Panthers make it 4 in a row as they're great to watch when they're on song, which is most of the time. Only serious threat to them, unfortunately are the Rorters.

I know it's only early in the season, but Broncos are having a horror run with injuries to some of their better players and they lost Farnsworth and Fegler in the off season. They're still a top 8 team but can't see them making the GF.
Penrith are so very well coached. People really don’t give Ivan Cleary the credit he deserves. He’s really made this team and they just get into their game so well. They also have Nathan Cleary who is getting better by the year he hasn’t even hit his halfback peak.

Cleary came back in 2019. He cleaned out a lot of that club on and off the field. He moved Yeo from second row to lock. He promoted To’o who just couldn’t get a game before. He invested in Luai. He’s backed Edwards who had a shaky first couple of seasons. Players have grown and evolved. They all understand their own games and this comes down to the coach.

The way they can change and exploit weaknesses mid game and it’s easier to say than it actually is to do only Joey Johns had this ability to change a game plan mid stream yet Penrith as a team can.

Penrith are great to watch. The only teams who might beat them are Brisbane and Manly because they have a freakish fullback & a halfback who can kick well and Roosters due to their forwards & outside backs power. Parramatta find holes against Penrith in club games not finals though.