Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barba wanted to go and if we didn’t let him go he would’ve just kicked stones
Everyone knows that, more to do with the Woods recruitment, finucane etc

Last edited:

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Iirc Barba was becoming a wanker and he was partying too much with the epic bender crew ( remember them in the papers?!?) any way in a podcast or something jmoz said barba was destabilising the playing group. He was being a dickhead and getting arrogant that he was the best player even though our forwards like James Graham were giving him heaps of time / space with the ball.

I would give almost anything for a peak james graham in our current side.

I think Barba does admit he was off the rails at the time and poor bloke did have sudden fame/expectations coming from mackay to a sydney bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Iirc Barba was becoming a wanker and he was partying too much with the epic bender crew ( revert them in the papers?!?) any way in a podcast or something jmoz said barba was destabilising the playing group. He was being a dickhead and getting arrogant that he was the best player even though our forwards like James Graham were giving him heaps of time / space with the ball.

I would give almost anything for a peak james graham in our current side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% on Graham. At his peak he is the best front rower to play the game imo. His toughness and will to win at any cost was like no other.

As for Barba... Andrew Gee (Broncos) was also in his ear breaking anti tampering rules promising him the world

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know everyone will think it’s a anti Josh Reynolds post but it’s against our entire halves in that 2012-2016 period.
One top tier half gets us 2 -3 premierships I don’t care what anyone says.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best times weve had since the 2004 premiership were under Hasler..

2012 -2014 had a great team culture.. how many close gritty tenacious wins in true Bulldog style.. 3 games in a row by 1 point...

Some great Semi Finals especially in 2014

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I know everyone will think it’s a anti Josh Reynolds post but it’s against our entire halves in that 2012-2016 period.
Some people probably won't agree, but if Hodkinson was part of the team all through 2012 we could have won the premiership. Defensively he was sound and if he covered the right edge maybe we hold on.
This is also said with the knowledge of Slater saying Melbourne did lots of video on our right edge and noticed lots of disconnect between Reynolds and Inu when faced with certain shapes.

Remember Maloney signing for Chooks early for 2013, would have been nice to get him instead of those *****.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Our shit halves played behind a pack that gave them dream ball and could barely string together a simply backline play.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our shit halves played behind a pack that gave them dream ball and could barely string together a simply backline play.
Speaking of our backs that year losing Turner early and then Lafai like r12 were big blows. I guess losing them aided the Inu and Perrett signings. But having either Turner or Lafai in the side would have made us alot more threatening than having Jono Wright outside J-Moz

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our halves were always an issue but people also forget that Ennis was massive for us as well.

We had a dream forward pack, and for a bit the world’s best fullback and a great hooker. If we had a Hodkinson/Keating combo we would’ve won. People might not like hearing this but Reynolds was more often a liability than anything else.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our halves were always an issue but people also forget that Ennis was massive for us as well.

We had a dream forward pack, and for a bit the world’s best fullback and a great hooker. If we had a Hodkinson/Keating combo we would’ve won. People might not like hearing this but Reynolds was more often a liability than anything else.
Keating did his job perfectly for Barba, ran to the line and committed the defence and the forwards running decoys and Barbas brilliance did the rest