OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe Taaffe has skill set and size best suited to a role in the halves where he played most of his junior footy. His passing game, speed and evasion far superior to Hutchinson. Not sure how well he would defend in front line ??
Not convinced Hutchinson is an upgrade on Flanagan albeit he is a bucket load cheaper.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Kikau
2. Preston (flowing locks when he runs down the sideline)
3. Reed
4. King
5. Curran (flowing locks when he runs down the sideline)
6. Knight
7. Wilson
8. Burton
9. Kiraz
10. Taffe
11. Crichton
12. Salmon
13. Tracey
Moved Burton out of the halves.....i like it!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To be fair after watching the NSW cup game last week, Knight was easily the standout. A lot of "Must Starts" on the forum Xerri, Sexton were absolutely awful in defence.
Hutchison missed 6 tackles vs the Sharks & is averaging 4.5 missed tackles per game for the Bulldogs. Sexton averaged 2.6 missed tackles per game last season for the Bulldogs in a worse team.

So I don't want to hear about Sexton having bad defense.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can definitely see our season just going down the gurgler. It’s a shame because I can definitely see improvement, the team needs a few personnel tweaks to make it come along. Ciro won’t do it though
I’m optimistic .. great defence and last week we were unlucky tbh. But this week at belmore under a new team there’s zero excuses.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutchison missed 6 tackles vs the Sharks & is averaging 4.5 missed tackles per game for the Bulldogs. Sexton averaged 2.6 missed tackles per game last season for the Bulldogs in a worse team.

Someone else said Sexton missed 20 tackles the week before when he missed 2 a slight difference but it is the Kennel

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He missed 2 against the jets as well!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

there is no fucking way that sextons impact on the field would be a negative. Right now if you swapped him out, even with his supposed “bad defense” he would just create more points than he would let in

hutch is good fill in but he’s not it

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe is gonna be alright I reckon. I keep referring to Billy Slater ....I realise Taaffe is nowhere near Slater - it's just that I see elements of Slater in his game. AND ... Taaffe has an excellent passing game to ignite attacks. He needs to add the 'Billy Slater type' (inside outside off Burto - pronto) and just the general back up in the middle to capitalise on clever offloaders. Taaffe has pace, evasion and selective passing.
I totally get CC's patience in this position
Hi Blake. Next time Burton makes a break, please be there in support like a good fullback should. Cheers

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i'm not a massive fan of him, but what did taaffe to do exactly to be dropped? added to that, who replaces him? yea everyone is calling for critta but the bloke trained at centre all pre-season. Ciraldo is notoriously stubborn, i can't see him swapping out taaffe for quite some time, unless he has an absolute stinker like the second trial.
Your right except for the fact Critta did trial at FB.., failed miserably.

Also considering Crighton will be center next year and beyond wouldn't it make sense for him and that left edge to build combinations? People are hell bent about 2024, well what about setting up next year when it matters more considering we will actually have a better team and a real shot at finals?

Literally sacrifice a little to gain plenty.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You must have the memory of a goldfish... I am sick of these anti-Ciraldo comments and destabilising rhetoric.

How did the halves merry-go-round under Tbaz work out? One week Whack-ham, one week Flanagan, one week Averillo, then repeat the cycle again.
Difference is Averillo wasn't a HB, never was never will be. Toby Sexton however is an out and out 7.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

100% plenty on here also use to shit on Cogger for apparent bad defence also. Now he's way better than any HB option we have. Crazy that Sexton isn't starting.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty shitty comment it’s like me saying I hope you fall down the stairs tomorrow.
I’ve never seen a positive comment from that person, but hoping for a player on the team you supposedly support is straight up scummy.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
100% plenty on here also use to shit on Cogger for apparent bad defence also. Now he's way better than any HB option we have. Crazy that Sexton isn't starting.
Agreed. His attack is WAY better than Hutchison & they're about the same in defense.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another loss. No way Des will let us get the win … he’s got a point to prove a the titans will probably have their best game of the year against us sadly!!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another loss. No way Des will let us get the win … he’s got a point to prove a the titans will probably have their best game of the year against us sadly!!
This is a must win given the circumstances. I'm actually tipping us to win, but if we lose the aftermath will be chaos.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The people criticising Sexton are just repeating what some nerd said. The didnt attend the game to see for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.