OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Titans will play conservatively imo. No frills footy up the guts, like mentioned just gotta be disciplined go set for set. Once there front row tires we should be sweet.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wonder what shit the refs will dish up against us.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Once again I will be watching the NSW Cup to give me some hope, before watching a lame NRL performance. Seriously even if the NRL side wins how long do I have to watch a side with Hutchinson at 7 and a starting pack containing Knight and Salmon, backed up by a utility in Mann, a small forward in Morrin, a rookie in Hughes and a backrower playing prop (Curran)?

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of chopping and changing too often. Obviously you need a big enough sample size of games to assess players in certain positions, and tie to build combinations blah blah.

But how many games do we need for Taffe to demonstrate he’s not the answer? Another 3? Until mid season? The Perham experiment certainly went for too long he looked better.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of chopping and changing to often. Obviously you need a big enough sample size of games to assess players in certain positions, and tie to build combinations blah blah.

But how many games do we need for Taffe to demonstrate he’s not the answer? Another 3? Until mid season? The Perham experiment certainly went for too long he looked better.
Yep every catch it looks like he’s dropping it

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Taaffe had a shocker in trial 2 but since then he hasn't made any errors under the high ball.

The drop ball at Parra was after he caught it and got driven back.

The drop ball at Shart was a penalty with contact mid air.

Ciraldo will put his faith in the players. Going off last season, 10 games seems to be the bench mark before changes are made.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stinkson & Schoupptrich were regular starters for us not too long ago. Now they can't even make the Titans side.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knight is yuck. Do we have the smallest bench in the comp? Thought Patolo might have got a run

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Taaffe had a shocker in trial 2 but since then he hasn't made any errors under the high ball.

The drop ball at Parra was after he caught it and got driven back.

The drop ball at Shart was a penalty with contact mid air.

Ciraldo will put his faith in the players. Going off last season, 10 games seems to be the bench mark before changes are made.
Disagree mate. That Parra error, regardless of when he dropped it, killed us in that game. It was early but gave Parra all the momentum early and we wasted boatloads of energy defending in the first half. He also threw a ridiculous ball to Fox which shows his in game awareness is terrible. The Sharks error probably should’ve been a penalty but he still should’ve taken it. He just never looks comfortable to me and gets dominated easily. Haven’t been impressed with him at all.

Hutchison I’m willing to be patient with because of his defensive efforts and he’s a clever player, despite being half a step too slow in a lot of plays.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Tracy will kill it in the front row this week. Always knew it was a job for International Rescue!

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can win this, way more confident compared to the last 2 rounds, just need the ref to treat us fair.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worth a shot. Literally no negatives in doing so as he can just move back into the centres. All the elite centres with a similar skill set to Critta have been able to transition. Taaffe isn't a NRL player and it doesn't have to be Critta either.
That is what the pre season is for not taking Hail Marys in round 3. Very few have been able to transition and no he’s not Inglis who is probably the only one that has. You are robbing Peter to pay Paul. You have an elite centre your replacement is a C grader who is significantly worse.

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funnily enough when we signed Burton still playing for Penrith I said to some friends he looks more like a fullback or a centre or even lock, of course I was laughed at :laughing:
Any of these positions mate but what I think our team specifically needs is him at fullback.
It’s no laughing matter our team is the one being laughed at. FFS fix it CC and Gus!

Status
Not open for further replies.