OFFICIAL | PRE-GAME Round 3 | Bulldogs Vs Titans | Gameday discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ilias ain’t any good. They are regretting not giving Reynolds 3 years.
No doubt. Got a lot of problems, not just Ilias. Pack isn’t doing much, other than Murray, that kid just goes all day

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus just said on 100% footy ( talking Tiggers) a coach takes 4 to 5 years to figure out what type of coach you need to be, so my question what happen to Baz. CC aint going now where and neither will our team... for a while.. he is a student coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus just said on 100% footy ( talking Tiggers) a coach takes 4 to 5 years to figure out what type of coach you need to be, so my question what happen to Baz. CC aint going now where and neither will our team... for a while.. he is a student coach.
There have been plenty of rookie coaches sacked after 2 years. A club of our prestige in our situation shouldn't be experimenting with a rookie coach, especially after 2 years of mediocre (if you can even call them that) results.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This maybe an opportunity for Knight if he gets a call up to show what he has this season and cement a first grade spot. I'm hoping for a big one from him.

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
JAC back probably for Wilson. Faamasuali out, I suspect Patolo will come into the side. Only other changes possibly 2, Knight for Morrin, I would prefer they drop Salmon; they can play Curran for 60 minutes in the middle and to me Salmon is a secondrower and not a middle forward. Maybe Xerri in for either Taffe or Tracey. Unfortunately Hutchinson will probably keep the 7 because Sexton and BBO have been missing plenty of tackles in NSW Cup. Kautoga will again be on an ectended bench but will not play.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol rabbits drop illias after 2 shit games. We drop ***** after half a season
illias was scapegoated because no one at souths has the balls to tell Fatrell and walker they are playing like shit and need to pull their heads in, with a six,nine and one of walker cook and fatrell how can you lay their poor performances on a rookie halfback?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt. Got a lot of problems, not just Ilias. Pack isn’t doing much, other than Murray, that kid just goes all day
He might go "okay for us", but somehow I don't think they bought Wighton to battle for last. He's trash, saw him coming through the grades a lot, he isn't a half, he could be a great hooker. Defensively he's close to the best half in the game (him or Cleary I probably have Cleary just ahead). Problem is he can't kick and is awful in attack, which puts pressure on Cody/Latrell to create everything. What do good sides do? Put two blokes on Cody as they know Illias won't beat you.

Their other issue is that middle rotation weirdly like us is poor. They really rely on Tatola and he's made of glass, behind him there isn't a lot, Keppie is solid and you need those types but that's it.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
illias was scapegoated because no one at souths has the balls to tell Fatrell and walker they are playing like shit and need to pull their heads in, with a six,nine and one of walker cook and fatrell how can you lay their poor performances on a rookie halfback?
He has had plenty of time to show he's a 7, unlike the Flanno disaster they didn't wait 3/4 of the year to realise it

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He has had plenty of time to show he's a 7, unlike the Flanno disaster they didn't wait 3/4 of the year to realise it
Fatrell has had a lot longer to show he's fullback and it still hasn't happened, but if that's your POV you roll with it.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fatrell has had a lot longer to show he's fullback and it still hasn't happened, but if that's your POV you roll with it.
Latrell is overweight for sure he's less than last year though he looked like he'd eaten 20 puddings last year. Latrell struggles going in and out of games, but it hardly helps when your halfback is diabolical. Still feel if they had Reynolds at 7, Latrell would have a Dally M though probably a premiership too. Souths issues is half their spine is rocks or diamonds, I love watching Cody as a footballer (instinctive footy players I like) but would you rely on the bloke not making some comical error to lose a game?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs 1-12. Ref will keep the titans in the game.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Parra went close to upsetting the reigning premiers on their own turf, Cronulla have been a solid top 8 side for a few seasons.

We played away from home against both these sides, while I was impressed with our defence vs Parra the other aspects of our game left a lot to be desired.

Vs Cronulla we had a much stronger showing both defensively and with the ball. Fact is we created 3 try scoring opportunities and if luck bounces our way, we very easily could've been up 18-0 at half time (Cronulla's try came off a BS penalty that got them downfield)

It's not all doom and gloom as many are thinking. I genuinely think we're building nicely.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Big fucking help now. Ref should be dropped for a month. 6-8 very poor calls should be an automatic demotion. But I guess he did the job he was paid for and handed the result to the team he was ordered to.
Just repeating. How many clubs are sponsored by betting agencies?

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Parra went close to upsetting the reigning premiers on their own turf, Cronulla have been a solid top 8 side for a few seasons.

We played away from home against both these sides, while I was impressed with our defence vs Parra the other aspects of our game left a lot to be desired.

Vs Cronulla we had a much stronger showing both defensively and with the ball. Fact is we created 3 try scoring opportunities and if luck bounces our way, we very easily could've been up 18-0 at half time (Cronulla's try came off a BS penalty that got them downfield)

It's not all doom and gloom as many are thinking. I genuinely think we're building nicely.
I agree with this 100% however it'll all be for nothing if we don't beat the Titans Saturday!
Beat the Titans score a few tries and it could kick start the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.