Would You Sign Wayne Bennett for 2025?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, but CC has the power to change that and he won’t, no picking XERRI… there’s a big difference!!
I want to see Xerri in FG too Scoobs but he hasn’t set the world on fire defensively in reserve grade so I don’t think he’s quite ready for that reward yet. Personally I think Taffe started because Tracey had limited preseason. Tracey was solid last week so I think it’s an interesting selection call this week if Fox is back.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gould needs to drop the ego and pay the asking price so that we can just get some key position quality within the squad as we currently have zero. Ur correct May looks like the next best available option after we lowballed and missed out on AFB. If Bennett is interested then its a no brainer. Ciraldo is out of his depth with us. A Ciraldo for Bennett trade would also spell the end of Gould which wouldnt be the worst result
Welcome back. Quality post …

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No — close thread please.
CC will get 2 more years

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2 more lol fark me who can handle two more years of this
I can. A proper knock down rebuild with a positive cultural change takes years. I don't want the quick fix like others want. We went through that with Dean Pay/Trent Barrett. There are green shoots and a mountain of juniors coming through. If you can't be patient thats sad because watching juniors develop into 1st grade standard is exciting!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We rejected him twice, any person with any self respect would flip us the bird!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I want to see Xerri in FG too Scoobs but he hasn’t set the world on fire defensively in reserve grade so I don’t think he’s quite ready for that reward yet. Personally I think Taffe started because Tracey had limited preseason. Tracey was solid last week so I think it’s an interesting selection call this week if Fox is back.
Fair enough, but there is definitely worse in the team than XERRI, when he gets the chance I think his attack will prove to be beneficial for us. Here’s hoping anyway.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have a feeling Gus and Bennett would clash big time. I wouldn't bet 5c that he'd wind up here.

As far as his coaching goes. He's always been a coach who just tries to give players simple jobs. If he has a handful of key players who can direct the side around, he'll contend for premierships. Without those key players he'll get a solid side top 8 bound. Then you see his results at Newcastle with a weak roster and that he has limits. I think if Bennett takes on any further roles it'll be with a dream roster and we might be a few players away from that. That's just my opinion though.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a feeling Gus and Bennett would clash big time. I wouldn't bet 5c that he'd wind up here.

As far as his coaching goes. He's always been a coach who just tries to give players simple jobs. If he has a handful of key players who can direct the side around, he'll contend for premierships. Without those key players he'll get a solid side top 8 bound. Then you see his results at Newcastle with a weak roster and that he has limits. I think if Bennett takes on any further roles it'll be with a dream roster and we might be a few players away from that. That's just my opinion though.
Gus wanted Bennett at Panther instead of bringing Cleary back. This is a big reason why he left Panther.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haven't read a post. Just the title. Tried to stay away but want to say one thing.

Wtf is wrong with Bulldog supporters these days? Fucking hell. I honestly hang my head in shame sometimes when I think about some of the people on here.

2 games in and people are already talking about a new coach for 2025.

Get. To. Fuck.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Haven't read a post. Just the title. Tried to stay away but want to say one thing.

Wtf is wrong with Bulldog supporters these days? Fucking hell. I honestly hang my head in shame sometimes when I think about some of the people on here.

Get. To. Fuck.
Well said!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Get. To. Fuck.
26 games in and Barrett only lasted 34 games... by the time Ciraldo's at 34 games his win rate is most likely going to be very similar to Barrett...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
nah I'll pass on the sugar hit and hope the club keeps working towards long term success.