News He’s going to be a great No. 6’: Ciraldo shuts down Burton move after Bulldogs star ruled out

Bullfrog2

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me in 1998 when our little 5/8 Craig polla-mounter went on a tear and won 4 finals games in a row who his halfback was? And memory serves me correctly we did not have a monster forward pack.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THEY RECKON HOUDINI WAS PRETTY GOOD AT UNDOING LOCKS SURELY GUS COULD SPARE A FEW BUCKS AN GET HIM ON COACHING STAFF MIGHT BE OUR ONLY HOPE. BUT REALY I WOULD JUST LOVE TO SEE HIM RUN THE BALL MORE AND HAVE A DIG TAKE THE LINE ON PRETTY WELL WHAT EVERYONE WANTS FROM A HALF.
That is unlocking The Burton,

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Cmon guys.
Laurie Daley, Brad Fitter, Greg Alexander, Andrew Johns. No idea. They can't coach a state team full of talent, now you want to take on value their opinion. Matty Johns, he's a comedian, never coached. Mark Geyer ditto. Braith Anasta, the guy can barely commentate. I'm surprised no one mentioned the DT crews opinion on Matt Burton's best position. I think I'm going to back CCs opinion on this one. I mean the guy is the head coach.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So just about every “expert” and NRL analyst in the game is calling for him to be moved to centre now. Brad Fittler, Cameron Smith, Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander, Braith Anasta, Mathew Johns, Mark Geyer. FFS just move him already!
Thanks Clown

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cmon guys.
Laurie Daley, Brad Fitter, Greg Alexander, Andrew Johns. No idea. They can't coach a state team full of talent, now you want to take on value their opinion. Matty Johns, he's a comedian, never coached. Mark Geyer ditto. Braith Anasta, the guy can barely commentate. I'm surprised no one mentioned the DT crews opinion on Matt Burton's best position. I think I'm going to back CCs opinion on this one. I mean the guy is the head coach.
Yeah true enough not everyone you've named did but some those men up there had immensely successful careers in the halves a couple of them immortal standard 5/8's whether their coaching is yay or nay they're more than qualified to have a different opinion to the coach.
If Cc can get the team up for this week and get a good win and Burton has a match winning performance then that's great! He can pull a Sam Kerr and throw a "we're back so suck on that one ya clowns"

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So just about every “expert” and NRL analyst in the game is calling for him to be moved to centre now. Brad Fittler, Cameron Smith, Laurie Daley, Greg Alexander, Braith Anasta, Mathew Johns, Mark Geyer. FFS just move him already!
I think Andrew Johns said he'd keep him at five eighth

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cmon guys.
nothing cc has shown us in the year or so he has been at the helm has demonstrated he is capable of identifying talent

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah true enough not everyone you've named did but some those men up there had immensely successful careers in the halves a couple of them immortal standard 5/8's whether their coaching is yay or nay they're more than qualified to have a different opinion to the coach.
If Cc can get the team up for this week and get a good win and Burton has a match winning performance then that's great! He can pull a Sam Kerr and throw a "we're back so suck on that one ya clowns"
Wouldn't that be something.
I think one of the harder parts is dealing with the pressure and the added focus, they'd be training harder and covering more things in sessions than other teams. Add to that our club has an aura most players won't realise till pre season and especially during season that we demand success. The feeling of missing that or trying to achieve that can be daunting to some kids and noobs.

The head coach managing seems to know what the go is and the club is backing them with support staff, facilities to succeed. We just have to back them , we all know by now it's the mental aspect which is key, not size, skill, positions, etc.

Let's just trust and back the process, block out the negativity, as frustrating and repetitive as it can be, nothing good to say? Don't say it.
Good things will come with all the hard work, it happens not only in NRL but other sports too. Then when the tables turn and they gain confidence the smiles come, it'll all seem too easy from then on. We know they recruited professionals and our Bulldogs are leaving no stones unturned.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Each kennel member can help push the team, spread the positive vibes, share the love for the club.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’ll run 20 meters tomorrow which will keep at five-eight for another week!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
THEY RECKON HOUDINI WAS PRETTY GOOD AT UNDOING LOCKS SURELY GUS COULD SPARE A FEW BUCKS AN GET HIM ON COACHING STAFF MIGHT BE OUR ONLY HOPE. BUT REALY I WOULD JUST LOVE TO SEE HIM RUN THE BALL MORE AND HAVE A DIG TAKE THE LINE ON PRETTY WELL WHAT EVERYONE WANTS FROM A HALF.
Not enough upper case you need to try harder.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone is qualified to have any opinion whether it matches what Ciraldo thinks or not. Burton thinks the earth is round and flat. So obviously people can have opinions that oppose their own.

I just hope it fires Burton up. Because it might just as easily cause or add to any existing self doubt. He seems confident, but somewhere in all of us is a niggling doubt in our ability. Having his ability called into question by a number of commentators can be a huge mental blow. He's already got plenty of people shouting for him to move to centre, fullback, lock or another club altogether. With some players it'll cause them to go into their shells and just minimum the risk of proving the doubters right. You'd hardly want to come out as his coach and say "Yeah I agree with you guys Burton's a shit 5/8 but we overpaid on potential and Gussy and I are just hoping he won't embarrass us." The fact that Ciraldo has publicly defended his ability leads me to think he knows this attention can be ruinous to confidence.

Thing with Burton is that his departure from Penrith was accompanied by 4,767 articles all leading people to believe the Panthers were holding back the next immortal. So the expectation on him is incredibly high. Even if he has 10 decent games, people expect sensational performances more often than not. Ideally things click for the team sooner than later and confidence brings out everyone's best.

But if the coaching staff see him as the best option he's going to wear that 6 on his back until injury gifts it to someone else. So it'd be nice if people relax on the criticism where they can. Might actually mean he relaxes and plays a less restrained game.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not enough upper case you need to try harder.
There's 2 full stops in his post which seems quite excessive. And it could have BeNeFiTtEd FrOm ThIs KiNd Of StYlE. If not that, bolding with caps lock on would have expressed the point better. But I can't leave this alone just yet.

"THEY RECKON HOUDINI WAS PRETTY GOOD AT UNDOING LOCKS SURELY GUS COULD SPARE A FEW BUCKS AN GET HIM ON COACHING STAFF MIGHT BE OUR ONLY HOPE. "

Gus is a fucking recruitment guru beyond compare if he resurrects Houdini to join the coaching staff. Would resurrection officially grant Gould God status?

"BUT REALY I WOULD JUST LOVE TO SEE HIM RUN THE BALL MORE AND HAVE A DIG TAKE THE LINE ON PRETTY WELL WHAT EVERYONE WANTS FROM A HALF."

Burton absolutely should have a dig. If the re-animated corpse of Houdini will get him to reach his potential, digging up a body 98 years dead should be a part of his training schedule. Gould should save his energy for the resurrection process.

No offence intended BULLDOGS CRADLE TO GRAVE. But when potential comedy situations arise I have to take them. I'm sorry if you have caps lock stuck on. Seems like it's possible given the all caps user name.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jesus Christ he's not a very well man is he? Last year he claimed Burton the best kicking game in the world and now they only stayed in striking distance last week due to his kicking game.

That's ego central 101.

Sent from my iPhone using The Kennel mobile app

We barely made it to the 30m line multiple times.. He had some big kicks that had the eels starting in their 20 that def helped we could have lost that game by 66.

This forum goes through the same cycle everytime we have a shit squad, We went through it with Folkes, Keven moore, Des and barrett alot of the time it wasnt a coaching issue the squad just wasnt upto scratch/ needed time(even though des did destroy our cap we probably would have been better off keeping him) Our current middles remind me of the plodders we had in 08

Last edited:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Six months I spent on here and said all of this and I was called psycho and did Burton fuck your wife? Now everyone is saying it. I fucking hate every single of you. You deserve this pain