Official Gus on Twitter

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m a bit over this building a team rubbish. But I’m happy to give the coach his chance this year and next. But if we haven’t made finals in that time we need to find a better coach.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hahahaha that's so true!!!

Summed it up perfectly. You could see attack was flat due to fatigue. Fatigue was due to a combination of errors, poor discipline and lots of questionable ref calls.

Errors and disciple can be improved with more experience and training. The only other thing I will add is having the right players in the right positions will also improve errors and discipline. I hope Gus and CC have identified this also.

Xerri straight into Kiraz centre spot. Kiraz to wing (if fully fit). Sexton in for Hutch. While he is used for defence I think the attack sexton brings weighs in favour of the value hutch brings in defence. Also, Tracy to fullback and Taffe drops out. Taffe hasn’t shown me is reliable under the high ball, effective in attack and provides any level of support play to other players.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Summed it up perfectly. You could see attack was flat due to fatigue. Fatigue was due to a combination of errors, poor discipline and lots of questionable ref calls.

Errors and disciple can be improved with more experience and training. The only other thing I will add is having the right players in the right positions will also improve errors and discipline. I hope Gus and CC have identified this also.

Xerri straight into Kiraz centre spot. Kiraz to wing (if fully fit). Sexton in for Hutch. While he is used for defence I think the attack sexton brings weighs in favour of the value hutch brings in defence. Also, Tracy to fullback and Taffe drops out. Taffe hasn’t shown me is reliable under the high ball, effective in attack and provides any level of support play to other players.
It’s very disappointing Tracy didn’t get a good injury free off season. If he played instead of Taaffe yesterday we don’t lose so much field position.

But I can’t see him getting dropped. He is very similar to Papali and I think that’s why he is there. A stop gap until the kid is ready.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They have to move Burton and I think he knows it but a six and seven of Hutch and sexton has the potential to be worse than what we have now.
We have no choice but to try, it’s possible that a different combo is worse but it’s also possible to be better, 100% there is risk but we need to take it.

it’s shit that it’s taken the offical season starting because it might cost us trying to work it out.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn’t that what you said about the sharks when we played them?
So make excuses for other teams but your own?
I said Sharks as a perennial top 8 team don’t have to fire up for the trials like we do. They just came out and beat another top 8 side away from home. We got thrashed

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They have to move Burton and I think he knows it but a six and seven of Hutch and sexton has the potential to be worse than what we have now.
Not to quote what we used to say about Reynolds
And Lewis but atleast they will try. Burton couldn’t care less the way he plays

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How?
We struggled to hold the ball and ref didn’t do us any favours.
We hardly had the ball and scored twice they had 70% of the ball and struggled to score 3.
That's just what I see when reading Phil's comments. Gives the assistant a massive wrap (like he did late last year)
The players tried their guts out but just weren't as good as we were hoping they'd be in round 1 etc...

Bloody oath they should have tried there guys it out. They're all fit and healthy and get paid exceptionally good salaries to do their job. They're professional athletes not hacks

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Long shot, I don’t think he’s very good, yet Chad Townsend for next year??? Despite my not liking him a great deal, the one thing we’ve lacked and clearly don’t have is a game manager. Someone to sense momentum and how to slow it down and get it back.