OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tell you what I’m gonna start banning people who complain like kids.

It was their FIRST game together, what the hell do you expect? We knew that our side had a lot of orthodox players playing some positions. I’m glad we lost by two SUPER SUPER soft tries. Grow up

we look better than last year. MIND you all Cronulla still had more than half their side playing and we changed our team to New South Wales cup players.

so if you look at that that has to be a great result for our club. I don’t know what you guys are watching, but Cronulla had still most of their players on the field.
Can I hold you to that?? Haha I bloody well hope you do. It was a trial FFS, and as you said we were playing a quality side who many thought would pump us. We contained their big men really well all night, and this is something I was very impressed with. As for our attack, it will improve as the year goes on, so im not too concerned about that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
tell you what I’m gonna start banning people who complain like kids.

It was their FIRST game together, what the hell do you expect? We knew that our side had a lot of orthodox players playing some positions. I’m glad we lost by two SUPER SUPER soft tries. Grow up

we look better than last year. MIND you all Cronulla still had more than half their side playing and we changed our team to New South Wales cup players.

so if you look at that that has to be a great result for our club. I don’t know what you guys are watching, but Cronulla had still most of their players on the field.
Love you. Ban. Ban. Ban.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All this negative bullshit as per usual …. There are way more positives in this team this year than the last few years … it’s a fucking trial lighten the fuck up ….. we still are not a top 8 side as much as we all would like them to be so let the season unfold and see where we end up ..
Unfortunately was always going to happen after our first loss, they will get over it or they won’t doesn’t matter either way.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We’ll only have to rely on our intercept,ricochet tries to win us the games
The attack will improve, there's a lot of new combos that will take a while to gel.Ball handling was terrible,but I put that down to fatigue

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just your comment about a positive crew giving it to newbies and then there is this tool Carrying on as usual at others who observe the game different to him
If you saw that bloke all day carrying on in other threads, attacked Critta first in one of them so meh. Defo a troll account imo

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened with that first try cronulla scored? Looked like there was no second rower and they ran into a gap between Pooasa and Hutcho

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s weather forecast vs parra?
Blake Taaffe safe as houses
Proof ciraldo effect vs the hayze of perham.
Horrible attack minus burtons short kick for what should have gotten us points,our general back up is still the worst in the comp .
Let’s use the weather for the shit show excuse ,expected better from our 1.
Plenty to fix for round 1
Defence won’t win you games with that attack.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t like the fact that the halves get the ball off Salmon on a short side as it ‘cramps’ the centres and wingers. A lot of times Crichton and Xerri were getting the ball within 5m of the sideline. Would rather have Salmon on the open and have Taffe running as an inside option off the edge. Kikau had no space so was not getting involved. We also need these guys to straighten up off the Salmon plays.

Thought Hughes and Curran could have had some more minutes. Kiraz should be the wing spot and not centre think we we won’t burn middle forward petrol with Kiraz, Xerri, Crichton and Ado-Carr taking some carry’s on kick return.

Sexton should be the 7 Hutchinson can be the utility on the bench.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am feeling really good for this year, we looked solid and crisp in attack. Players know their roles, we worked to plans targeting Sharkies smaller players one on one with our left side attack. Short kicking game was solid and the long amazing, strong work done by our backs getting us out of trouble every set starting in our own half. Strong leadership from Ciraldo, he picked his side in November after the first stretching session and he was 100% right.
Nah we are shit, couldn’t beat a full strength sharks team minus an overrated hynes.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can I hold you to that?? Haha I bloody well hope you do. It was a trial FFS, and as you said we were playing a quality side who many thought would pump us. We contained their big men really well all night, and this is something I was very impressed with. As for our attack, it will improve as the year goes on, so im not too concerned about that.
Thank you. A voice of reason amongst the endless bullshit on here. FFS.

How are people losing their heads after a trial?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you saw that bloke all day carrying on in other threads, attacked Critta first in one of them so meh. Defo a troll account imo
Haven’t been on much so obviously missed it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
100%

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Looked good but still a long way to go.

Taaffe needs to learn how to catch. Hutch needs to learn how to pass. Mahoney needs to learn how to run. Fortunately Burto learnt how to kick.

Our forwards and backs look very good. Line speed, hole running. Good defence and great effort. We will finish close to the eight. But we desperately need a good halfback and fullback.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am feeling really good for this year, we looked solid and crisp in attack. Players know their roles, we worked to plans targeting Sharkies smaller players one on one with our left side attack. Short kicking game was solid and the long amazing, strong work done by our backs getting us out of trouble every set starting in our own half. Strong leadership from Ciraldo, he picked his side in November after the first stretching session and he was 100% right.
Impeccable set plays, the spine was sublime tuning in the timing was to a tea. So much to take from that the 4th try was spectacular but the 7th by Taafe was acrobatic. Burtons energy was the highlight for me relentless to say the least apparently Cronk is coming out of retirement wants to go for another premiership alongside him. Credit to reed where it’s due though don’t forget.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Because we're plagued by the exact same issues as last season, pretty simple.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is too passive in attack. He shows glimpses he needs to take control and be aggressive. All the talent but happy to take a back seat
This is way too measured. To this forum, Burton is either the second coming or the worst player to ever lace a boot.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Because it’s systematic from the coaching staff? This is the way we will play and the standards we will up
Hold if nothing changes. Everyone should be terrified even with the natural improvement you gain from playing a few more games