OFFICIAL | GAME DAY ROUND 2 TRIAL | Bulldogs vs Sharks | Discussion thread (8pm @ BSG)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seemed like Kurt Mann was very busy in defence, thought he really helped tighten up the middle, especially defending on our line. One of those guys who defends above his weight class.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is too passive in attack. He shows glimpses he needs to take control and be aggressive. All the talent but happy to take a back seat

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again I think so so many people have got ahead of themselves this year.

We played decently last week and people became over positive about our young guys coming through, but especially because we had so many 1st graders coming back this week.

Now because the result isn't what people want, we've got the opposite and saying we're utter shit.

The reality is somewhere in between, and people need to tamper their expectations.

We've had a massive clearout of players, and brought in a shitload also. People are expecting things to click overnight?

It's going to take time, especially in attack.

The key for me is attitude in defense as that's where the foundation needs to be.

Seemingly this has improved, so this is a good positive step forward without doubt.

The rest? Let's wait and see, but things were never goign to be pretty in the opening 5 or so rounds as it takes time to build up understanding etc. in attack.
No one expected us in the second trial to look like prime Panthers but if you can’t see there are systematic issues with our team that won’t be fixed with better form a few weeks into the season

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez there's some fucking socks after a 6 point trial Loss.
Was thinking the same, coach is still letting the young guys have a run, was not a good game but also not serious. More so for fitness and making sure they ready to go round 1, I certainly haven’t given up yet lol.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
not trialing Critta at fullback at all is another one of those CC masterstrokes. now he'll take 10 rounds to figure out Taafe can't catch the high ball.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Hynes their main clog? I thought it was cog... SMH

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"Coach"
Spine
Forwards

Constant massive issues.
A defensive minded coach that in 2 trials has shown massive improvements from last year?
A spine that’s half new players and have played 2 games together?
Forwards who are probably the most inexperienced in the comp yet stood up to Cronullas who are one of the best?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez there's some fucking socks after a 6 point trial Loss.
Not wrong, christ can we calm down, we lost by 6 to a team whos absolutely battered us the last few times we played them and we lost to a lad who wont play round 1 making an error when most of our first graders had come off. The attack deffo needs work but defensively much better and promising.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You were happy with that pathetic performance? Take your socks off
Where did I say that? Our lack of respect for the ball was our most disapointing aspect. Our defense against a much bigger pack was fantastic. And I'm sure that this was our focus.
For what it's worth, I very rarely wear socks up here in North QLD.