Official Ciraldo announces Crichton as new Club Captain, Expresses gratitude to Mahoney and Burton

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ciro has known him for a long time so I’m comfortable with it. Read didn’t handle the pressure well last year and Burto is not captain material.
Agree with how well Ciro knows Critta but Critta said himself ‘I learnt from the older boys’. He’s a quality footballer and also seems like an excellent human but he’s 23. I would’ve preferred he concentrate on his game given he’s moved from the best team in the comp to an emerging one. Hopefully he has the capacity to lead and play well - I’m sure this has been thought through long and hard and definitely Burto needed to be relieved of that role so hopefully there’s also benefits for his game in this call from Ciro.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its never a good sign when your two marquee signings in two of the most important decisions were so bad at captain a young kid took over lol. Don't blame the media we deserve that one.
Not sure that that’s the case. I think the first part of your comment was right, Burton and Mahoney were Lambs to the slaughter. But also shit as leaders..

SC looks and sounds like a guy way older than he is and also a huge winner for such a young man.

If the shoe fits, and I think it just might.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with how well Ciro knows Critta but Critta said himself ‘I learnt from the older boys’. He’s a quality footballer and also seems like an excellent human but he’s 23. I would’ve preferred he concentrate on his game given he’s moved from the best team in the comp to an emerging one. Hopefully he has the capacity to lead and play well - I’m sure this has been thought through long and hard and definitely Burto needed to be relieved of that role so hopefully there’s also benefits for his game in this call from Ciro.
I trust the coaches call on this Dink and surely there’s reasons behind it.
Last year is well and truly behind us but as a supporter I’m expecting big things from Burto this season.
He is playing in such an important position that a lot hangs on his shoulders.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I do believe he's a leader but this is way too premature

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Should of been King tbh but glad Burton has been stripped of captaincy. Never will be a leader with his attitude and mindset to footy imo. I wish Crichton well, he has shown he has that dog in him multiple times. Let’s see if he has it even more

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is a ballsy move but one I like for so many reasons. No more dual captains + club captain rubbish, Burton and Mahoney can focus on their games and most importantly it shows that we have a captain that personifies work ethic, high training standards, a winning mentality and being a leader in his community. Might not all be smooth sailing but that’s ok, that’ll hopefully mould the kid into an even better leader as the year goes on. Completely on board with this.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really think that CC knows the importance to have our former captains perform at a high level this season and moving forward.
We can’t afford to cut any players slack in particular those two,its going to be a massive problem if they live up to expectations.
Anyway let’s hope there’s no backward steps by anyone.
100%