Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wonder if Tracey will be battling Taaffe for the fullback spot or Xerri for a centre spot.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Listening to the players above. They have this idea that they will be able to use their agility, speed etc to overcome the size of other pack. And use the backs to make the hard meters.

First problem is that if you look at the better teams with big packs. They are not just big but also agile and fast. Look at both Grand Finalists. So it’s not a winning formula unless the players we have are much faster or more agile etc.

Second problem is that our outside backs aren’t big strong runners. So the back three may not make huge meters. This then puts more pressure on our forwards to take hard carry’s out of our half.

I really hope that Ciro is going to make this work. But it doesn’t make much sense.

Bringbackbaa

Waterboy
Reaction score
Totally agree mate & will be a good case in point this Saturday against the sharks who hold a big pack and a big bench. If they blow us off the park then Ciro’s theory will head in the same direction.
Speaking of bigger bodies does anyone know what’s happened to Patolo and Sutton? If these guys are already out injured and we cop one or two injuries in the forwards over the first few weeks we’re screwed.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ryan Sutton knee injury , will be out for a while . ( will struggle to play this year)
Patolo also he needs I think 8-10 weeks from what I’m hearing .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ryan Sutton knee injury , will be out for a while . ( will struggle to play this year)
Is this still Patolos "bone bruising" on his knee or whatever we were told?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Scoooby - Dogs $2.45 what’s ya thoughts???
Hey bro,

I mean it’s a 50/50, and being our boys I definitely would. I’m not going for either to win. I’ve just got try scorers this time

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here goes with a Gus said..him did say Patolo pushing and likely for rd 1 NSW cup, words to that effect.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Listening to the players above. They have this idea that they will be able to use their agility, speed etc to overcome the size of other pack. And use the backs to make the hard meters.

First problem is that if you look at the better teams with big packs. They are not just big but also agile and fast. Look at both Grand Finalists. So it’s not a winning formula unless the players we have are much faster or more agile etc.

Second problem is that our outside backs aren’t big strong runners. So the back three may not make huge meters. This then puts more pressure on our forwards to take hard carry’s out of our half.

I really hope that Ciro is going to make this work. But it doesn’t make much sense.
Personally I think it's about them trying to utilise what they have. They don't have size, so they need to figure out a different way around it. đ

While it may not work against the Gran Finalists, no one on here is expecting us to win the comp or get in the top 4.

Perhaps though this appproach will see us climb the ladder which is what we're all looking for. No?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

So you don’t think that Crichton, Xerri, Kiraz, Skelton are “big strong runners”, interesting.

Of course JAC isn’t a “big strong runner” but he’s fast, faster than most. Are you including fullbacks in your “outside backs”? If you want to get into GF size comparisons Tracey is a bit taller and a bit lighter than Edwards and has Mascara Boy well covered in both. In comparison to the latter Taaffe is similar size. Of course Crichton was in the GF last year so he compares with himself.

Oh, I see, you said “back 3”, despite everyone else using back 5. It’s pretty obvious why you limited it to back 3, your point doesn’t make much sense when back 5 is the comparison.

Always a Bulldog

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure Gus recently said Patolo would be fit to play round 1
That was Marley endlessly posting Gould tweets from December and January. Regardless, soft tissue injuries are hard to predict, the recovery times vary a lot and the prognosis can change from day to day.

Always a Bulldog

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gus Twitter said Patolo Round 1 NSW cup.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That was Marley endlessly posting Gould tweets from December and January. Regardless, soft tissue injuries are hard to predict, the recovery times vary a lot and the prognosis can change from day to day.

Always a Bulldog
Gus literally said it in his podcast yday “ready for round 1”

And knees aren’t soft tissue

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rajeb slipping right down the depth chart and I think BBO will follow him soon
BBO is tragically underrated and disrespected.. he's better than Hutcho and SEX-Bomb.. He's just never given a chance (and has been injured of course) but he's fit now, Hutch is so predictable.. get ball on right side, hit block runner.. same every play... BORING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.