Your Round 1 Team?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Based on Salmon’s game last week. If he maintains that form against the sharks this week. I think injuries aside Curran & Salmon will rotate between starting at 13 and bench through the season. Both can cover back row to give Kiks & Preston a breather.

Which could leave Mann in tough spot. I think the original plan was to use Mann at lock and cover for Reed. With Curran and Salmon doing well they might opt for someone like Hayward to cover the utility role.

I think Mann should play a lot of minutes at 9 in the trial this week.
Mann has been ahead of Salmon all preseason, I doubt a trial game where he was rested is going to change that.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Blake Taaffe
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Bronson Xerri
5. Josh Addo Carr
6. Matt Burton
7. Toby Sexton
8. Max King
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Poasa Faamausili
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Josh Curran
14. Kurt Mann
15. Jaeman Salmon
16. Sam Hughes
17. Kurtis Morrin

Hutchison, Tracey, Knight, Wilson all decent possible swaps

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some early mail Hutchison set to get the nod over Sexton for Rd 1 as he is starting for the trail with Sharks Kiks and Critta set to play
Must suck to be Sexton, knowing that your missing out on a starting spot because Hutcho can baby Burton better.

2x left foot kickers should be the reason why Hutchinson misses out, or Burton gets moved to centre.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can someone list all the players that are able to be chosen for round 1. That being the top 30 plus the development players or whatever they are now called.
On the dogs site there is a top 30 list but not the extended list. So if we are allowed to choose from the development players should they not be included in the first grade list? Or perhaps a supplemental list?
If it is known and someone could do that then thanks in advance. Would be handy to know especially for trying to guess the round 1 team.
O'Neill, Hayward, Papalii, Morrin, Faamausili & Edwards are Supplementary (old development) contracted & are NRL available from Rd1 NSW contracted & train & trial contracted have to wait till Rd11.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
O'Neill, Hayward, Papalii, Morrin, Faamausili & Edwards are Supplementary (old development) contracted & are NRL available from Rd1 NSW contracted & train & trial contracted have to wait till Rd11.
Cheers for that! I like the look of that list too.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My personal pecking order for the back 5 (CC wont play Burton at centre but I have him there):

01. Stephen Crichton
02. Matt Burton
03. Josh Addo-Carr
04. Jacob Kiraz
05. Connor Tracey
06. Blake Wilson
07. Jeral Skelton
08. Bronson Xerri
09. Blake Taaffe
10. Joash Papali'i
Kiraz is not a centre and never will be.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do rate Sexton but I’m still traumatised about our shithouse defence last season so little between them in attack then I guess Hutchinson bigger body and better defender than Sexton
Yeah, I'd like to Sexton play Halfback but Hutch is the better defender and we leaked the most points last year.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch doesn't need to be a dynamic half with the strike we now have out wide.I like the control he displays, can kick and defend so happy to see him get first crack.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did today's game change anyone's team?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Crichton
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Tracey
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Big papi
11. Kiks
12. Presto
13. Curran

14. Salmon
15. Hughes
16. Mann
17. Hutchison

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Connor Tracey
2) JAC
3) Burto
4) Critta
5) Kiraz
6) Hutcho
7) Sexy
8) Max King
9) Mahoney
10) Hughes
11) Kikau
12) Preston
13) Salmon

14) Mann
15) Poasa
16) Curran
17) Morrin

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
See how taafe was joking and laughing when he had a break,you would think he would sit in naughty corner with head in hands,he probably laughing on how gullible the dogs where to sign him

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don’t know how much training Tracey has been doing. He might need a couple of weeks in Reggie’s? But if Taffe plays like that in comp games, he’s gone.
Cirro erred, by not giving sexton minutes against a strong opposition last night. Now we’re stuck with Hutchison.