Let's Trot with Burton

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep 100% wish I never got my shots. Work was what forced me in the end...corrupt *****
So many in the same boat forced to get the jab purely to keep their jobs. So many corporations simply just followed the government lines to keep or receive their funding. The healthiest people are those who don’t get the jab.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound like I’m the one having a cry to me…
@Flanagun i didn’t listen to the interview what did Magic say? Is he centre, 5/8 or halfback this year? That’s all I care. Training the house down, culture, buying in and all that is said every year.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah ok... so Burto is not the sharpest tool in the shed. But I am pretty sure that when he was recruited, his understanding of the sciences wasn't the reason.
He did say, obviously, it's round, but it's also flat. I think he is naive and does not understand what it means to ask that question.

Regarding what players say and what that means about the preseason and how they will perform this year, I will wait until round 1. In every interview he has ever done, you always come out thinking, but what did he say? He will not inspire anyone with his words; it needs to be with his actions on the field.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The healthiest people are those who don’t get the jab.
And you can prove that, can’t you Polly…you’re medically qualified - whoops. Since you know so much about ‘transit lounges’, stick to being a travel agent - oh wait - you stuffed that up too. What about being a detective since you know who the Bulldogs ‘missed’ in signing - no, got that wrong too - hmmm - what to do - ah yes, I’m sure Uncle Nick could give you a job running the brown paper bags since you’re so in the know about the current size of the Chooks squad :-).

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah ok... so Burto is not the sharpest tool in the shed. But I am pretty sure that when he was recruited, his understanding of the sciences wasn't the reason.
He did say, obviously, it's round, but it's also flat. I think he is naive and does not understand what it means to ask that question.

Regarding what players say and what that means about the preseason and how they will perform this year, I will wait until round 1. In every interview he has ever done, you always come out thinking, but what did he say? He will not inspire anyone with his words; it needs to be with his actions on the field.

Spot on, all that matters is how sharp his footy smarts are on the field, that’s were his only judgement should be and so far it leaves massive room for improvement.. time will tell.

Players say stupid shit all the same, same as well educated people.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In hindsight it was an absolute disaster. Both of them had poor years

But everyone is right in hindsight. I didn’t mind the logic at the time but like everything from the past 8 years it went to shit.

I would go with Mahoney as captain and Crichton and Kikau as joint vice captains. I think Reed would have learnt a lot from last year. Not sure Burto has enough brains to learn.
That's a good trio of leaders. I reckon Burto will learn, but he's more like one of the gang now than a leader. If Reed's personal performances don't improve early in the year I reckon Ciro will try Turpin at 14 and give him a rest during games.

If we don't start improving Ciro (or whoever is coach) will surely make Crichton captain at some stage during his contract.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
dumb as a rock.
Someone should look into public schooling in Dubbo?
Flat Burton hehe. I still can't get over the whole thing, it's like he didn't even understand the question lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flat Burton hehe. I still can't get over the whole thing, it's like he didn't even understand the question lol
He totally didn't, whoever it was that left the question has done him in, Mansour tried to rescue it. This is why most TV is scripted...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he didn't. If he did and came up with that response? I need to get in touch with him, I've got some magic beans for sale.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a good trio of leaders. I reckon Burto will learn, but he's more like one of the gang now than a leader. If Reed's personal performances don't improve early in the year I reckon Ciro will try Turpin at 14 and give him a rest during games.

If we don't start improving Ciro (or whoever is coach) will surely make Crichton captain at some stage during his contract.
It’s a tough one mate. If they take the captaincy off Reed or Burto it could have a negative effect. Especially when they are both spine players.

Probably sums up our club. Anyone resembling a leader has been here for 1 year at most.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a tough one mate. If they take the captaincy off Reed or Burto it could have a negative effect. Especially when they are both spine players.

Probably sums up our club. Anyone resembling a leader has been here for 1 year at most.
Burton never should have been given the captaincy in the first place