Jeremy Marshall King

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whomever Baz decides on (looks like JMK) he needs to drum in them that they need to kick at times out of dummy half (like 90% of other hookers do in the NRL)

This will take the pressure off the halves and give us another string to our bow and keep the defence guessing on the last

In other words RL 101

I can’t believe how trash we have been the last 5 seasons

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id like to see jmk under new structure. Same with some other players. Not easy to look good when you are in losing side, with not much structure in place and forwards arent setting up platform. I thought he was ok when we won some rare games.

Katoas passing, in a few games he played for us last season, was terrible in my opinion.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK has such a low ceiling with talent and skills that even the best coaching can only do so much. The best thing JMK can do is just keep things simple and give the ball to the right players at the right time.
agreed, & that would be a big step up for the team & JMK on prior years output/performance

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling JMK will change alot of negative opinions of him this year. I'm backing him to be in the top few of our most improved.

Regardless of who we might be chasing as our long term 9, I hope we re sign JMK as our long term 14.

During a game, he has the ability to cover hooker, halves, back row and can adequately cover centre as he did last season in defence if required due to injury which is the hardest injury to cover. Standing at 6ft 1 - he isn't a "spot" in our defensive line as he can handle himself & doesn't miss many.

For mine, a utility as such is invaluable to any team & it would be a shame to lose him.

That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He can be dangerous when he runs from DH. I just don’t know about his pass selection and footy instincts. One thing I will say about JMK though is that in defence he always has a crack.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he was so shit why didn't we keep Cogger?
JMK is capable.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a feeling JMK will change alot of negative opinions of him this year. I'm backing him to be in the top few of our most improved.

Regardless of who we might be chasing as our long term 9, I hope we re sign JMK as our long term 14.

During a game, he has the ability to cover hooker, halves, back row and can adequately cover centre as he did last season in defence if required due to injury which is the hardest injury to cover. Standing at 6ft 1 - he isn't a "spot" in our defensive line as he can handle himself & doesn't miss many.

For mine, a utility as such is invaluable to any team & it would be a shame to lose him.

I think it's an impossible task for JMK to turn it around, I think at best he plays decently. We've needed a good/top hooker for the last 3 years and he hasn't delivered. We are already in the market for another hooker and we also were for last year too but we missed out on Koroisau at the last minute. With how badly we need a hooker I'd be surprised if Brandon Smith or another hooker of that calibre isn't lining up for us in 2022. I'd have no issue with JMK being the utility if we decide to run with one (he's simply not good enough for a starting position). I'd actually re-sign him because I don't think we currently have anyone better for the role and as a 14/depth option it's okay I think.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it's an impossible task for JMK to turn it around, I think at best he plays decently. We've needed a good/top hooker for the last 3 years and JMK hasn't delivered. We are already in the market for another hooker and we also were for last year too but we missed out on Koroisau at the last minute. With how badly we need a hooker I'd be surprised if Brandon Smith or another hooker of that calibre isn't lining up for us in 2022. I'd have no issue with JMK being the utility if we decide to run with them (he's simply not good enough for a starting position). I'd actually re-sign him because I don't think we currently have anyone better for the role and as a 14/depth option it's okay I think.
It's a bit ironic that we missed out on Koroisau especially as Barrett was credited as the reason for him joining the Panthers. :grinning:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Geez mate I think its a stretch to say he can cover at centre. I am glad we got Waddell this year because it we get an injury to our outside backs during the game he can play in the centres. Last year we had Jacko and JMK fill in out wide and we got slaughtered when then happened.

I do think he will improve under Baz but the good dummy halves just seem to have a knack of taking the right options. Not sure if this can be coached

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s only in the NRL because of who he’s related to, if he wasn’t benji’s half brother he’d be working in a factory somewhere
We’ve got two of those players in our top 30 then.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Geez mate I think its a stretch to say he can cover at centre. I am glad we got Waddell this year because it we get an injury to our outside backs during the game he can play in the centres. Last year we had Jacko and JMK fill in out wide and we got slaughtered when then happened.

I do think he will improve under Baz but the good dummy halves just seem to have a knack of taking the right options. Not sure if this can be coached
I'd rather carry a back on the bench than have Waddell play centre...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd rather carry a back on the bench than have Waddell play centre...
Yeah thats the other option. My point was that most teams have a backrower who can fill in out wide if they get an injury. Last year we didnt. Guys like RFM, Elliott, C Smith and Jacko dont have leg speed. At least Waddell has some kind of leg speed.

I would rather Katoa at 14 than a back. Neither Katoa or JMK are 80 minute hookers