Jeremy Marshall King

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a game where he made a clean break through the middle and was caught- that did it for me.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did what he had to do, was a totally shithouse year.
The new coach should bring a new attitude him included.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well as stated we are devoid of any real talent so hopefully Baz and co. improve one of the meh prospects to a reasonable standard, JMK might be ok/improve enough to be serviceable hopefully.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Providing he has an outstanding offseason, Katoa should prove to be the true and rightful 9.

JMK will always be a makeshift dummy-half and better suited to utility where he can serve numerous positions.

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope he doesn’t chase down Lichaa for games at the club :p

I’m happy for him To have 1 more season if he means he will be released after.

To be honest he has done ok coming off the bench. But he isn’t a starter and never will be. Ridiculous we have persisted with him playing 80 mins when it’s obvious he is only capable of 40-45 mins a game.

By all reports the emphasis is on hooker (with Allan, burton, Jac all signed) so I wouldn’t worry about 1 more year of JMK. After all we had almost 100 games of lichaa :p

Katoa is only better at passing, the rest of his game is no real improvement over King who is not a starting hooker.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everywhere i keep seeing him mentioned in our top 17 at starting 9 loll...... he should be nowhere near the side, worst hooker in the game
Sione katoa to start for me or even wakeham
I had high hopes for Katoa after watching the Tongan games. For us I thought his middle defence was average and his service wasn't great either. Neither bloke should be a starting 9 for us but I wouldn't be parading around Katoa and Wakeham on their form last year

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
This year is about Katoa and JMK showcasing their talents to the other 15 clubs for their next contact. So really who gives a fuck who starts out of these kids, they won’t be here long term

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair, JMKs best position is in the halves but he’s short of the mark in terms of NRL level skill-set for that type of role.

Hooker works well for him since we don’t have a recognised hooker and he does add some spark when he decides to run which is rare.

I still have Katoa marginally in front to start with JMK filling in off the bench.

Brandon Smith would be a great buy and Harry would be beyond extraordinary, you can’t win a comp without a NRL grade recognised hooker

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
JMK and Katoa are shit... I really think we should have had Biondi Odo in top 30 so he could have had a shot at 9, wouldn't have been any worse

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOTS of quasi "coaches" on here LOL maybe that's typical with passionate footy fans(and boredom), stuff me its a long wait STILL until rd 1....

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
Respect your opinion but it’s fair to say that most players form up until this point can be put under TBA. The coaching has been below standard for a long time and up until now the true potential of players has not been seen or achieved.

Marshall King is a good little player probably not suited to being a full time starting hooker. 14 off the bench is his true calling I believe.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everywhere i keep seeing him mentioned in our top 17 at starting 9 loll...... he should be nowhere near the side, worst hooker in the game
Spot on,the guy has had 3 years to own the position,and still not up to it,I’m not sure that wakeham has the passing game or vision,to succeed at 9,katoa I thought played well when given the opportunity,and probably deserves a go at it.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, we should try Lewis or Utai at hooker

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Katoa over JMK by a country mile. Katoa isnt anything spectacular but shows more promise and talent than JMK ever will.

In saying that though, all depends on what sort of hooker Barrett wants. We won't have any idea until trials begin.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree that JMK's one of the worst hooker's in the NRL but from what I've seen Katoa's even worse. Wakeham potentially but I can't put him there when he's not good enough for the halves (and a long way off) and I haven't seen him play at hooker.