News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay's own support staff have turned on him. His own support staff are frustrated with him and his methods. The players have no faith in him.

What dont people see. Regardless of the roster he IS NOT a head coach.

Is Barret the answer? Probably fuked not. But he has a better chance of getting blood from a stone than Pay does now.

The head of the snake. The Andersons. They need to go. We will never be a successful club with those greedy, dodgy people running the club.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No, he needs Thurston back to captain coach the team like before
Can we get Thurston out of retirement as Captain Coach???

Even on one leg he would be better than our current halves, plus he knows a thing or two about attack..:tearsofjoy:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats there to decide? Everyone knows what the right answer is, lets just hope the board has the balls to make it.
Wish the board had the balls to replace Pay immediately. No hope of us winning another game this year unless the players get a new voice / boss NOW

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let’s not overlook the Barrett story was Buzz so let’s wait and see. In my view the only reason to act right now is if players are telling the club they won’t sign if Pay remains coach - and the club MUST know the answer to that either way.
Fair enough I think the club just have to act it’s not healthy for performances like last night to become the norm regardless of the circumstances.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No from me to Trent Barrett. Manly was absolute average with him as head coach and the culture was far from what we want at the dogs. Jimmy dymock and Michael Ennis for me. Let’s get the dogs name back. Who the f is Barrett lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
While I don’t think barret is the answer I don’t think leaving pay there for the rest of the year is either, it’s obvious to most that he’s now lost the playing group the “effort” that a few liked to cling too is gone. We will get hammered week in week out until the end of the season and that will further affect our ability to sign decent players

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough I think the club just have to act it’s not healthy for performances like last night to become the norm regardless of the circumstances.
Don’t we play the Dragons next week and they just pumped the Eagles..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't want Barrett here. He did less with a talented roster than I'd like. If Pay is sacked I want a coach with a solid record bought in as replacement. Barrett is not that.

Pay was seemingly bought in to nullify the fans and critics of Hasler. I don't want to see another gamble taken with our next coach appointment because people are frustrated with a lack of results.

All these stories come to nothing anyway. The board are hopefully able to ignore the media and fan pressure and make a decision about things soon. Between the media throwing up every name under the sun and fans thinking that anyone else would be an improvement, I'm thoroughly fed up with it all.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this horse has been flogged..................
Always goes into hiding when the truth slaps him in the face. Him and all his cronies are some what delusional or in denial.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to remember we'll be adding 3m worth of talent so the team will automatically be better in 2021. It'll be closer to the roster that Barrett coached to 15th anyways.
We wont have $3M worth of extra talent next year, simply because we are going to have to pay overs even if we only sign fringe players which is all we can hope for.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old deano git a bit flustered when the media asked about his future they will hammer it now but he is gone

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ok we get Barrett , who is his assistant? Does he command his own staff or do the Dogs also get an experienced assistant? I think someone like Anthony Griffin or Neal Henry, even Shane Flanagan would be good choices. Barrett is relatively an inexperienced NRL coach so having an old cool head next to him would be the line I would take.

I would hate to see us go through more shit with an inexperienced coach. An immediate fall back to go to one of the above would ensure we don't hit rock bottom again. Financially viable also as we would be signing two heads for the price of one.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance it’s Beauden or Jordie Barrett we are getting, not Trent?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely it's Shaun Wane, they spent a lot of time in England and to only return with Thompson is a little underwhelming...
The Wane rumour has been around for a while and you do bring up an interesting point. They did spend a lot of time in England so what the hell where they doing there? I really hope it is Wane.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard Paul greens name about 5 weeks ago...
We could do worse than greeny IMO(Trent) he’s a very intelligent coach and would be great for our young halves coming through.Things have soured for him up here and he’s on the outer but he could also draw some talent to the club.