News Loyal Dog: Faitala-Mariner set for new deal after sniffing around

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a keeper for sure.. *coughs* a Des signing *coughs*...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a keeper for sure.. *coughs* a Des signing *coughs*...
That Shaun Lane swap is still a tough one. I always liked Lane. He struggled to get time at the Warriors. He was pretty good at Manly and has been really good at Parra. He's still offloading really well..

Hopefully RFM starts offloading more (if people ever run off him) and starts finding more confidence as he can offload well.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs to be a bench prop
This is stupid he’s agile for a big man and plays great on an edge one of our few attacking weapons. People forget that two years ago he was one of the form backrowers in the Comp and got injured in his New Zealand debut only just starting to come back to his best now great to see.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
when he first started with us he actually had some offloads in him but they seem to be coached out of him from des and that has continued.
I would encourage it as no risk no reward atttitude.Then theres the case of no one backing up or following through.its all poor but he has been good for us and a bargain

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He cant pass. Backrowers need to be able to pass.
Well what do you expect when the coach tells you all I want you to do is run hard and tackle hard. He could of set up a number of tries but never offloaded the freakin ball when he had the chance. The coach has simplified his game to the point he won’t even pass. This comes down to coaching.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. He has been one of our best this year, particularly these past few weeks. He looked the goods in the middle last year, but he seems to have found his place on the edge since. Still needs to go up another gear and really solidify himself as our best backrower.
Playing for a contract maybe... ?
Injuries are getting the better of him too..

I still dont know his style of footy after all these years hehe. Strange/unorthodox style.

Ive never really rated him tbh.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good re-signing, big and mobile, seems to fit the team, and has shown something both in the middle and on an edge so provides a bit of flexibility. Hopefully will remain uninjured and reach a new level of effort and gameplay during his next contract.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like RFM, as long as he keeps up the good work I’m happy with this..!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I prefer him off the bench as a prop

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good work Ray... wouldn’t mind seeing the offload slowly come back we need something..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is stupid he’s agile for a big man and plays great on an edge one of our few attacking weapons. People forget that two years ago he was one of the form backrowers in the Comp and got injured in his New Zealand debut only just starting to come back to his best now great to see.
Long term, I think its stupid to have him as a backrower. We should be aiming to sign 2 starting backrowers and rfm through the middle as a bench prop.

E.g kasiano used as an impact forward was when we scored most of our points, he only lasted 20 mins but such was his impact that the majority of our points were scored while he was on.

I'd use rfm the same way, hes a big body and has an offload, now we just need averillo to develop into a fullback and support rfm

Obviously rfm won't have the same impact as kasiano but still will provide a better impact for the team playing as a bench prop

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Possibly the only good signing Des did besides the great Hop
come at me

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably because he gets 80 minutes on an edge vs 25 through the middle. He is doing a job on the edge for us and is hands down out best option on the edge right now, but I think if you give him more minutes through the middle then we will likely see the very best of him.
Absolutely should be in the middle. I think the way Thompson plays will allow this even more.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should we pop the champagne now or at the wake?
I have a bad feeling they are waiting for a win to announce his extension.. gee I hope I'm wrong..