News Brisbane’s salary cap pressure could squeeze back-rower to rival club

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos back-rower Jamil Hopoate could be set for the exit as Brisbane’s salary cap pressure could force a number of players to rival clubs.

According to the Sunday Mail, the Titans, Dragons and Bulldogs are all keen on the 25-year-old who remains out of a contract at seasons end and it is believed Hopoate has begun exploring all options

Hopoate’s manager Simon Healey has confirmed interest in the open market as a number of clubs begin to circle the signature of the pacey star.

“Jamil would love to stay at the Broncos but with the salary cap there may not be room for him,” Healey said.

“Jamil has a five-year-old daughter in Sydney and he would like to be closer to her naturally.

“It’s tough for Jamil. He is off-contract this year, his preference is to stay at the Broncos because he likes the club and the people but he has to look at all opportunities.
“His dad and mum would love him to come back to Sydney to be closer to his daughter.

“At 25 years of age, ideally he would like the security of a two or three-year deal which would allow him to play his best football week-in, week-out.

“There’s some interest from a few clubs. It’s challenging at the moment because we don’t know the exact salary cap for next season, but we’re testing the market and seeing what’s available.”

Hopoate has featured for the Broncos in just four occasions this season after making his Brisbane debut in the side’s round one loss to North Queensland.

Healey stamped out any claims that the Broncos were aiming to offload Hopoate’s services.

“Any suggestion the Broncos are trying to release him is not right,” he said.

“Jamil travelled with the Broncos as 18th man for the Warriors game (on Saturday night).

“The Broncos have some salary cap restraints so they’re not sure if they can offer him anything.

“He and ‘Seibs’ (coach Anthony Seibold) had a really good chat the other day about the things Jamil needs to do to get back in the team.

“We’ve reached out to every club for next year. If a club offered him a deal for this year, we would have that discussion with the Broncos about an immediate release, but for the moment Jamil is doing his best to play NRL for Brisbane.

“The new style of footy suits Jamil, he has great feet, he is strong and has great energy, so his skill-set makes him an asset to anyone.”

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
20 years old and a 5 yr old daughter?

these idiots getting girls pregnant at 14.

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dear o dear.. linked to another plodder ...for fuck sake!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And people say some are negative...

Of course people will be negative when chasing duds to replace the duds we already have.
Let's hope he's not on their radar. If he is, we're in trouble.

Plus this wouldn't fall in line with the "no dickheads" policy. Wasn't he in jail a while ago?

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Scares me that the war chest we have will be spent on players not good enough to have a regular spot in their current team

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent seen h
Lol ok my mistake but he's still a ducking idiot
Nasheed I have to admit I am starting to like your posts a bit more lately. But I'm concerned is it because I am off the medication or you are actually just writing better stuff

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big dramas again there after tonight lol Brisbane going to cop it all week come out and smash us next week now lol fmd

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
broncos will get rid of
milford
bird
boyd
flegler
that will free up huge dollars, releasing fringe players gives them nothing

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way I’d take him is if it means we get Albert too

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't believe you bellends keep falling for Nasheed's shit. The man is a walking legend when it comes to trolling.