"Roosters $400k Under Cap In 2020"

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're saying Chricton isn't on 800k? I know for a fact that he is. Souths lodged a formal complaint because they could only offer 600k but somehow the Roosters could offer 200k more.
lol you have no idea what Critchon is on just like you have no idea what Matterson or Ferguson were were on either. You're like most other fans when guessing about our roster, make up shit and believe it. Let's put it to the test, find a source about this complaint by lol@souffs regarding our offer to Critchon.

I'm sure according to you he's on 450k but when he leaves you'll say he was on $1.3 million...

By the way Flanagan was Cronulla's best young player along with Xerri. Every club was chasing Flanagan but he signs for the Roosters for 250k? Haha. Okay, believe what you want.
I believe the facts and the facts are, we haven't been charged with rorting the cap. I'll leave you believing in whatever you want to make up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol you have no idea what Critchon is on just like you have no idea what Matterson or Ferguson were were on either. You're like most other fans when guessing about our roster, make up shit and believe it. Let's put it to the test, find a source about this complaint by lol@souffs regarding our offer to Critchon.

I believe the facts and the facts are, we haven't been charged with rorting the cap. I'll leave you believing in whatever you want to make up.
Haha. You have no clue. I have sources about this. I didn't say I knew what Ferguson and Matterson were on. I said I knew what Chrichton was on because I know people at Souths that manage their cap. But that probably isn't enough of a source for you.

They told me about what they offered, what the Roosters offered and the written complaint they made to the NRL about it.

But hey, keep pretending like all of your rep players are on 350k.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. You have no clue. I have sources about this. I didn't say I knew what Ferguson and Matterson were on.
But you did say you knew what Matterson and Ferguson were on, how else would you know Critchon was on more combined? -
They lost Ferguson and Matterson but sign Chrichton for more than those two were on combined
It's ok, I'll keep a track of your bullshit for you.

I said I knew what Chrichton was on because I know people at Souths that manage their cap.

They told me about what they offered, what the Roosters offered and the written complaint they made to the NRL about it.

But hey, keep pretending like all of your rep players are on 350k.
Riiiiiiight, so no source, but you heard from someone who knew and they relayed that info to you? Compelling.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But you did say you knew what Matterson and Ferguson were on, how else would you know Critchon was on more combined? -

It's ok, I'll keep a track of your bullshit for you.

Riiiiiiight, so no source, but you heard from someone who knew and they relayed that info to you? Compelling.
Wow you really are revealing your lack of reason and intelligence right now.

How exactly is being told directly by the Capologist of Souths who lodged the complaint himself and knows what they offered and what the Roosters offered second hand information or not a source?

You have no idea what you're talking about. I won't waste my time any further.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters are where they are because they have billionaires on their board, they have the longest and most ruthless serving administrator in the game. Uncle Nick, does a great job in also supporting the NRL, I've said this before, he definitely is contributing to this shit administration that is called the NRL, because these guys wouldn't have the capacity to run a lemonade stand giving away free lemonade, back to uncle Nick, the guy is as smart as they come, he has the money and power with his board to buy the entire sport 10 times over! So let's call it for what it is, the Roosters might be under the cap, but there's no way in hell their team salary is in the same ball park as everyone else!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow you really are revealing your lack of reason and intelligence right now.

How exactly is being told directly by the Capologist of Souths who lodged the complaint himself and knows what they offered and what the Roosters offered second hand information or not a source?
Let's just say that without a provable source, you could simply be making this up? A shocking concept to think about I know, but it is what it is. But let's say you're not making this up, for a start your Capologist would be breaching a commercial in confidence process and the fact they breached that process to tell you would prove they are without a lick of integrity or professionalism. Now you may want to believe someone like that, but not me.

You have no idea what you're talking about. I won't waste my time any further.
Thank fark.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let's just say that without a provable source, you could simply be making this up? A shocking concept to think about I know, but it is what it is. But let's say you're not making this up, for a start your Capologist would be breaching a commercial in confidence process and the fact they breached that process to tell you would prove they are without a lick of integrity or professionalism. Now you may want to believe someone like that, but not me.

Thank fark.
Yep I'm making it up. You got me Columbo.

A Roosters fan should be the last person complaining about the rules not being enforced.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
a former roosters player coined the term salary sombrero, that's not a bad source

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I'm making it up. You got me Columbo.

A Roosters fan should be the last person complaining about the rules not being enforced.
I know a couple who accept it for what it is, they're not drinking the coolaid, they're actual words are "the rules around the cap are made to suit the Roosters."

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know a couple who accept it for what it is, they're not drinking the coolaid, they're actual words are "the rules around the cap are made to suit the Roosters."
Yeah I know a fair few Roosters fans. Most acknowledge they cheat the cap but they're not complaining. Nor should they.

A few others I know are like Kambah and live in constant denial.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But let's say you're not making this up, for a start your Capologist would be breaching a commercial in confidence process and the fact they breached that process to tell you would prove they are without a lick of integrity or professionalism. Now you may want to believe someone like that, but not me.
That's actually not the case, once the contract is void, as it has to be since he signed with the Wabbits, the NDA within it is no longer in force. Plus of course it is knowledge in the public domain, which even if the NDA was still in force nullifies it.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I see the only important question as this, if the entire 30 man Chooks roster was put on the open market what would its value total? My guess and it's only a guess is close to $13.5m.

The NRL claims that the Cap has 2 reasons for its existence, helping to even up the competition being the minor one of them, which quite plainly it is a complete failure at. The other major claim is that the salary cap helps prevent clubs overspending and going broke. Here's the problem with that claim, let's say the Chooks are legally within the Cap by utilising clever outside the cap payments (Cronk's fully sponsored Harvard degree is an example). The undeniable fact is it still forces other clubs to spend the same amount (call it my guess of $13.5m) to compete, whether it is within their cap or not. It's still money in the end, whether it is included in the Cap or not, so the Cap is in effect not achieving its target of limiting the clubs spending. All it does is distinguish between the money they spend under the Cap and the money they spend outside of it. Which doesn't achieve the objective, the $13.5m (or whatever it is) still gets spent by other clubs trying to compete.

There is only one solution that I see, all payments to players must be reported to the NRL and split between what's in the Cap, what's in registered TPA's and what's in unregistered TPA's. Then published, not individual players salaries, that's a bit rude, but totals for each club, when the season starts, again at the cut off (usually 30th June) and then again at the end of the season. That way when a player signs between seasons or mid season for a club for a lesser amount under their cap then the NRL has the information on hand to compare the outside the cap payments. Plus they have a record of every time the player has registered a contract and what its total value was.

Go Dogs

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact is that players will play for less to play at a good team. I would, every player wants a premiership or 3.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The fact is that players will play for less to play at a good team. I would, every player wants a premiership or 3.
Maybe, maybe not, but how much less? If you sign for 3 years at $100k less per year that's $300k that you aren't going to get back. If you sign for 3 years at $200k less per year that's $600k that you aren't going to get back. How much is a premiership worth? Depending on position played and the individual how long is an NRL career with decent earnings, 5 years, maybe 10 if you are lucky. Giving up 3 years on lessor money is big proportion of that. Plus players' agents are mostly on a %, so they sure as hell won't want their player to settle for less money, they will be pushing for them to take the highest offer every time.

Honestly I think this "I will take less money to win a premiership" is grossly overrated, I'm sure it happens, but far less often than is claimed. Realistically why wouldn't the leading clubs want to minimise the knowledge of player payments, it's in their own best interests to under state the salary to reduce the demands of other players, those they already have on contract and those they are trying to recruit. For example, "If JMoz can play for minimum salary to win a premiership then why can't you?" It's mostly hype generated by certain clubs to protect their advantage.

Go Dogs

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are under the cap but what they do is get 3rd parties that are outside of the club to top the players money up. John Singleton who is a good mate of Politis even said this on a Matty Johns pod cast a few months ago.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
"If JMoz can play for minimum salary to win a premiership then why can't you?"
This is another issue I find hard to swallow. Whatever happened to the notional value concept? The Roosters shouldn't be permitted to sign an Origin/International player on minimum wage and not have a "notional value" applied to that player under the cap. If Jmoz was playing at any other club he would command 300K minimum...and yet they are allowed to register him for 100K? This is where the inequity lies. Seems they only apply notional value when it suits them.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see this occurring when a player is in their 30s and is desperate for a premiership, but for the young ones it's not like it was in the 80s and 90s, now the game is so professional its all about the money for the players, and so it should be, one bad injury and their career is over.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know a fair few Roosters fans. Most acknowledge they cheat the cap but they're not complaining. Nor should they.

A few others I know are like Kambah and live in constant denial.
Exactly right, they shouldn't complain, at the end of the day if supporters from any other club were in the same position, they would feel exactly the same way, it's not their problem they are smart enough and have the resources to use the cap to their advantage!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are under the cap but what they do is get 3rd parties that are outside of the club to top the players money up. John Singleton who is a good mate of Politis even said this on a Matty Johns pod cast a few months ago.
About a year or so ago there was a report of all the clubs TPAs and miraculously the Roosters were quite low down the list there as well.