Anthony Seibold to be sacked

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
bye bye seibold.
Kevin Walters to take over
The Broncos’ fifth consecutive defeat has turned up the heat on Seibold, who admitted he was powerless to stop Morris and Brisbane’s board sacking him if they believe a new direction is needed.

But Morris insists he will not tear up Seibold’s $3 million contract in the coming days with the Broncos committed to honouring his five-year deal, which expires at the end of 2023.

“Anthony will not be sacked” Morris said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/2ad8f6524b824c3bb1801bdcfc65990a

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
But but but .... brainless.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And puts a half (Dearden) on at hooker. Siebs and Pay went to the same coaching school I see
Yeah and it's obvious they both spent more time jigging school than actually learning the basics of coaching.

Last edited:

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I just had a thought.......

Somehow I have a feeling that they really want Paul Green (don’t worry, a lot of us still want him gone) and are waiting for the Cowboys board to pull the trigger first before the Broncos do?

Your thoughts @Kaz

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was hoping to see a #Pay to be sacked effective immediately thread , not so lucky huh.!!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
darren lockyer on 100%footy just said
seibold has no performance based targets in his contract
seibold has a 5 year contract with option of a 6th year
the board have not included nor added any performance clauses at all
Will post again for the uninformed.

The truth about Anthony Seibold’s Brisbane Broncos contract

The most scrutinised contract in the NRL is also the most misreported.

Under-pressure Broncos coach Anthony Seibold is not on a ridiculous five or six-year deal, as told ad nauseam this week.

He’s on a four-year deal, with a fifth-year option in the club’s favour.

Brisbane and Seibold also have specific performance clauses that allow re-negotiation and termination with a modified payout.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/7news....bolds-brisbane-broncos-contract-c-1094108.amp

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
But but but some ignorant clown who thinks she knows everything said ....

Bahahahahaha talk about brainless. Next time might pay to not run that mouth.

Nice to see further confirmation I was right.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But but but some ignorant clown who thinks she knows everything said ....

Bahahahahaha talk about brainless. Next time might pay to not run that mouth.
If they haven't got a clause in there, it's horrible management as most coaches have a clause in their contract.

But just because they face a huge payout doesn't mean they won't sack him or try and work out a settlement...

Also usually when the chairman and CEO/board members give the coach the vote of confidence publicly it means they'll be fired soon.

Hill just said a few weeks ago that they're looking at retaining Pay. Do you believe that's true or it's just PR spin like the Broncos are doing with Seibold?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Btrainben, the comment you made and the way you said it worthy of a mature response and no disrespect is intended to you.

The “brainless” one made these comments because some journo said so, like I said if you believe that as gospel over logic and the coach himself stating certain things then you must question your reason. Perhaps due to butthurt and the reality not suiting.

The point is in a situation when your fiercely competing for someone and you are trying to lure them. They don’t throw clauses that could deter them Often. It could risk pushing them
Away or missing out. Remember the bunnies where filthy.

Now Lockyer on the board only
Supports this along with the fact the coach has said it all himself.

The best part is the “brainless” are back in their box.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Btrainben, the comment you made and the way you said it worthy of a mature response and no disrespect is intended to you.

The “brainless” one made these comments because some journo said so, like I said if you believe that as gospel over logic and the coach himself stating certain things then you must question your reason. Perhaps due to butthurt and the reality not suiting.

The point is in a situation when your fiercely competing for someone and you are trying to lure them. They don’t throw clauses that could deter them Often. It could risk pushing them
Away or missing out. Remember the bunnies where filthy.

Now Lockyer on the board only
Supports this along with the fact the coach has said it all himself.

The best part is the “brainless” are back in their box.
All good man, I know it wasn't directed at me.

I'm just explaining that these clauses are commonplace these days for most coaches. Especially on long term deals. Players have clauses sometimes too.

It's negligent for a club to offer a five year deal to such an unproven coach without such a clause. I don't know why they gave him 5 years in the first place. He would have accepted a three year deal and then the compensation wouldn't be such an issue.

Either way, let's just enjoy Brisbane being a bigger rabble than us considering their resources and the talent they have.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who knows? Various articles..... various reports.Remember he took over earlier than anticipated from Bennett after a very messy situation which turned rather nasty with Seibold having a dig at Bennett for misrepresenting things he had said and done in the media and that is where confusion came in about the term of his deal. He was meant to start this year but took over last year. Once again you need to look at the terminology used in the articles understand, aware,

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/26/the-get-out-clause-in-seibolds-broncos-contract/

Brisbane have a protection mechanism built into Anthony Seibold's five-year deal to cover the club if things go horribly wrong during the coach's tenure.

NRL.com understands the Broncos, at the time of drawing up the contract, had a performance-based termination clause inserted into Seibold's deal with an agreed pay-out.

It is understood if the Broncos decided to pull the trigger, the club would not have to pay Seibold the remainder of his deal – but at least 12 months' salary.

The Broncos declined to comment when contacted this week.

There has been plenty of criticism of the Broncos in recent weeks in regards to the decision to sign Seibold for five years – plus an option for a sixth.

While there is no pressure on Seibold to hold on to his job after his first season in charge at the club, that pressure will intensify next season if the Broncos start the year slowly or struggle to make an impact on the competition.

Seibold showed in his first season in charge at South Sydney that he is a capable coach, however the situation he walked into at Brisbane made for a tough opening year for the 44-year-old.

The club is still reeling after the humiliating 58-0 loss to Parramatta in the opening weekend of the finals, with heads set to roll as a result of the embarrassing performance.

The Broncos went through a messy break-up with former coach Wayne Bennett last year to bring Seibold to the club.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/br...four-year-deal-from-2020-20181031-p50d6f.html
Broncos finally confirm Anthony Seibold on four-year deal from 2020
Anthony Seibold's move to the Brisbane Broncos is now official, with the current South Sydney coach confirmed by the Queensland club on a four-year deal. Now the 'if' has been taken care of, the intrigue surrounds the 'when'.

Brisbane's board rubber-stamped the decision on Tuesday with an announcement being posted by the club on Wednesday afternoon. Seibold's appointment was never in doubt and he has been slated to start in 2020, which would mean both he and inbound Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett would remain in place for the next NRL season.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...ause-darren-lockyer/ei4i48h9lent10hcconeny0kh
Brisbane Broncos have no termination clause in Anthony Seibold's contract - Darren Lockyer

There is no clause in Anthony Seibold's Broncos contract that would lessen the financial blow should the club choose to part ways with the coach, at least as far as Darren Lockyer knows.

NRL.com reported last year that Seibold has a performance-based termination clause in his contract if things go south on the field during the period of the five-year deal.

Though, speaking on 100% Footy, Brisbane great and current board member Lockyer said he wasn't aware of any such clause.

"There's a long-term contract there for Seibs and when we appointed him, we believed he was the right person to carry us through the next five years," Lockyer said.

"The clause that you're referring to, I know nothing about, so it mustn't be there from a board perspective because if it was I would know about it."

The clause, if it was present, would reportedly mean Brisbane only have to pay out around 12 months' worth of the deal, rather than the remaining value.

Brisbane have lost five games on the trot since the coronavirus shutdown,

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
One has words like It’s understood from a journo. If we believed the “it’s understood” comment we would have Folau sbw Thurston Hayne fuck knows who else running out for us with Bellamy and Bennett running the water.

The other is direct quotes from Darren fucker Lockyer that support what the coach himself has said. Enough said

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
The 45-year-old is in the second season of a five-year deal with the Broncos, reportedly with an option in his favour, but says he won't be hanging around if he doesn't feel he's up to the role.

"I don't look two weeks down the track, three weeks down the track, as far as job safety," Seibold said.

"If at some stage the Broncos didn't think that I was the right person, then that's their decision.

"I've got a really strong contract there, it's not performance based, but at the end of the day, I'll know if I'm not the right person for the job.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
But but but ..... brainless

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay has more runs on the board than this joker and he doesnt even have 25% the talent as the Broncos do.

So there's a little bit of credit for Pay. Lol

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gotta Love the brainless getting egg all over their face!