News Nick cotric

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game against Manly is your answer.

Same as last night’s game is why Saab is not a solution for us.

RE: Cotric...As per every other Brent Read advertisement on behalf of whichever player manager it is, nice to dream but unlikely to happen.
Unless we sign a quality coach and make a decision within the next few weeks we will not recruit players like citric....simple as that

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What the hec does signing cotric have to do with foran? We need a quality centre...
Well it means I think 700k is overs for Cotric. But I'd be willing to pay that just to get him if we had Forans salary off the books. Would mean 1 less overpaid player in the squad and would leave our cap still somewhat balanced as we won't fill it with elite talent

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasn’t cotric a fullback coming through? Has he bulked up too much? Handy acquisition in a position we lack depth and talent. With zelezniak and smith you’d have speed and scoring ability on the wing for hoppa and cotric (if he comes) to exploit.

Still young and is still on the up. If we get him and batty (dreaming here) and averillo transitions well to fullback we would have genuine speed in our 1, 2, 3, 5. If we secure a experience half then we will have potential with wakeman. If we get a hooker we complete our spine and team.

With batty, thompson, Jackson you’d have class. With toomaga you’d have size. You’d hope Napa does something, anything. Then we fill the other forward positions with role players like Elliot, sue, Ogden, Stimson etc.

Exciting time if we can pull it off. That team won’t win a comp but should push every team week in week out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
that's true, but my point is we should have played our options at centre already before we decide who to buy. But yeah not going to complain if we get Cotric will just be interesting to see how it all plays out if so
Schoupp is 19? Not sure where the fuck he is ATM. Maybe he's injured or just miles off the pace? Did look like a fucking unit and was mostly playing left centre in the highlights I saw, so I mean both he and Cotric could fit into the team at some point on opposite sides.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make him an offer he can't refuse. I couldn't care less how much we pay for him just get it done.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Dwz
3. ?
4. Cotric
5. Smith
6. Avo
7. Wakeham
9. ?

Coach ?

Find a coach, a 9 and a 3 then our attack will improve dramatically.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing I will add and it's something that shits me with Pay... We have Alomati and Schoupp coming through. Sign Cotric and we will eventually lose one of them... Id say that would be Schoupp and the kid looks pretty good, would be be better off just putting our faith in him ? Would know if we fucking played him Dean
Part of the issue with our team is a lack of experience. So if we throw even more rookies into the mix we will still have this issue.
From memory Alomoti is like 16 or something. So he is still a few years away at best. We need quality now!!! By the time Alomoti is pushing for a fg start, Hoppa likely will be on his way out, or possibly even in the back row.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need 2 outside back signings. Cotric and addo Carr would be great and they are available.. add Bateman Thompson. Resign Foran we are on our way

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again imo, Plenty of choice’s if he wants to play centre as the article above state’s, and if the Raiders cannot facilitate that, then surely $550k/$600k and to play in his preferred position should be worth it. But to be honest I’ll prefer JAC for that price, don’t get me wrong cotric is young and a terrific player but imo he doesn’t get involved enough for my likening. $700k is what I would pay for Manu from the chooks.
We should be able to afford to get both JAC and Cotric (plus Bateman and a decent hooker). Sack Reimis. Doesn't get involved enough. He's been living off the 1 game against the Dragons a couple of years ago for too long.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's going to help us that he hasn't been playing to his top level this season. Raiders will be hesitant to meet in between our offers. If Raiders want to retain Cotric for ~500k and we offer ~700k I think we have a good shot. Also centre more than works for us.
700k for cotric?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it means I think 700k is overs for Cotric. But I'd be willing to pay that just to get him if we had Forans salary off the books. Would mean 1 less overpaid player in the squad and would leave our cap still somewhat balanced as we won't fill it with elite talent
Well 700k is overs with Cotric...but 1.2 m a year for Foran was overs as well and if we resigined foran it would be for much less. We have enough money to buy cotric and re-sign foran and yes we do have to pay overs for players like cotric because obviously we are not an attractable club for players at this stage and we have a rookie coach

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
signing curtis scott is a huge no, we already have no major sponsor and a tarnished image due to those 2 idiots pre season and elliot last year, as handy as scott would isnt he still facing some serious charges from a drunk night out
cotric a much more preferred option, if the board wants to rebuild the team and reputation of the club, they will at some point be forced to pay overs, may as well pay over for the right person and position

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need 2 outside back signings. Cotric and addo Carr would be great and they are available.. add Bateman Thompson. Resign Foran we are on our way
Lol fuck JAC, don't need to piss away that much coin on a winger. A big signing in Cotric is more than enough, focus the rest in key areas. Lol @ Foran, absolutely not.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wingers are not worth the money.

The game has evolved. Any athlete can catch a ball and make metres to get a set started. Any athlete can catch a ball and put it over the try line. You dont need to invest big in wingers.

Smith and DWZ are fine for us as wingers. We needs centres

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about fixing the spine first. We already have over paid outside backs now people want another one lol.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol fuck JAC, don't need to piss away that much coin on a winger. A big signing in Cotric is more than enough, focus the rest in key areas. Lol @ Foran, absolutely not.
Disagree we need JAC. He is a proven try scorer. Get players like Cotric and a decent halfback around him and he will be great. And I think he may also may our solution to out fullback problem.