News COACH Pay will make up to six alterations to the team which lost to Manly

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He can defend dude. Problem with his defence is getting isolated on the edge, he always meets his opposite head on. In the middle he would be protected a little more imo.weve made crazier positional changes and this is one worth trying from 14 imo
I disagree.
He will be targeted and will be found out. Does not have the physical attributes or ability to tackle 110kg guys 40+ times a game.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha I'll pay that. But last week Cogger made 30/34 tackles and Lewis was 26/32. For Lewis apparently being the gun defender I believe Jack gets a raw deal
I’m hearing you ,but what goes unseen is Lewis saves his outside defenders from having to make a choice and does cover when they misread.He has done it consistently and that is why he gets the nod over others.Is it right ? I’m not the coach just an observer.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m hearing you ,but what goes unseen is Lewis saves his outside defenders from having to make a choice and does cover when they misread.He has done it consistently and that is why he gets the nod over others.Is it right ? I’m not the coach just an observer.
Lewis' defence is a myth. Yes he will tackle a big forward running at him but run a more agile bloke and he'll miss or get a legs tackle that usually result in a quick play the ball and the opposition breaking the line somewhere else.

Just look at the stats and Lewis currently has the most try causes and second most line break causes. Wakeham and Cogger on the other thank are yet to register a single one in either department.

Stats are probably inflated due to our left edge being useless and the key issue is more so our overall ability to effectively defend as a unit...but still quite concerning.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis' defence is a myth. Yes he will tackle a big forward running at him but run a more agile bloke and he'll miss or get a legs tackle that usually result in a quick play the ball and the opposition breaking the line somewhere else.

Just look at the stats and Lewis currently has the most try causes and second most line break causes. Wakeham and Cogger on the other thank are yet to register a single one in either department.

Stats are probably inflated due to our left edge being useless and the key issue is more so our overall ability to effectively defend as a unit...but still quite concerning.
Lol as the saying goes,there are lies,damn lies and then statistics.Lewis is there this week to cover for Averillo as well.Hopefully he doesn’t have to but as a coach I would feel better knowing he is there

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol as the saying goes,there are lies,damn lies and then statistics.Lewis is there this week to cover for Averillo as well.Hopefully he doesn’t have to but as a coach I would feel better knowing he is there
And I would feel better with Lewis' contract being torn up and an actual halfback playing halfback :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I heard the other day from someone that he's gone, wants another coach to develop his progress..plus asking for too many $$ here.
The bloke is generally on the money, although he has had a miss or 2.
See how it plays out.
Would be a shame if at 20 he thinks the world owes him a living, but we’ll see.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Where on earth are these stats?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger also is the one chasing try scorers to the corner
I hope Lewis isn't 'covering' Averillo because that means he will be stifling him in attack aswell ...

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same size as Wakeham and won games via attack.

Its not all about defence is my point.
So Coggers attack at dummybhalf will never his defensive downsides defending in the middle. Lol.

mgrady was the best attacking player in the comp, sadly Cogger isn’t.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the thread relating to 'Harper out and Goodwin' in is true we won'r see Morgan Harper get a go. Smith is NOT a centre need to go back to the wing and Wakeham needs to get a go. Lewis can only tackle and is not an organiser. We need to learn how to attack pure and simple but we either just don't have the ammunition or those that can make a difference are not getting selected...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don't want another mbye on our hands, pay $$ on potential and end up with a silver tongued dud.
See how it plays out.
Would be a shame if at 20 he thinks the world owes him a living, but we’ll see.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Coggers attack at dummybhalf will never his defensive downsides defending in the middle. Lol.

mgrady was the best attacking player in the comp, sadly Cogger isn’t.
Sorry thought you were bagging Wakeham.

Can't believe Cogger is being discussed at all.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis is crap. If we win it will be because Foran has told Lewis to fuck off. He’s the worse half in the NRL and it’s not even close. Can’t even tackle

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is crap. If we win it will be because Foran has told Lewis to fuck off. He’s the worse half in the NRL and it’s not even close. Can’t even tackle
Play Lewis at lock?