John Bateman

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Napa’s knees are shot think they’re looking at him for when Napa comes off contract
Sounds good. Thompson and Flegler up front with Spencer Leinu (Penrith) To'Omaga on the bench would be my preferred front row rotation.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree I’d be targeting odd men out at their clubs guys like Matt burton or jake Clifford in the halves for example haven’t heard anything as of yet though
Classy halves both of them. I'm pretty happy with our halves options we have bar Lewis... Fullback and hooker need to be addressed

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Early stages but also looking at Tom flegler from Brisbane
That'd be a great signing, I thought we had a Dave Holland at him previously though and got knocked back.
Surely the Bronco's have too many quality middles to keep them all happy - Hass, Lodge, Flegler, Carrigan, Joe O all origin class players.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That'd be a great signing, I thought we had a Dave Holland at him previously though and got knocked back.
Surely the Bronco's have too many quality middles to keep them all happy - Hass, Lodge, Flegler, Carrigan, Joe O all origin class players.
I think we were looking at cardigan, there’s too many there at some point someone has to be left out flegler looks the most likely at this point, haas, Fifita, tpj all rep players, carigan earmarked as a future captain you’d think flegler gets a chance elsewhere to get a start

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ofa and lodge as you said

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guler would also be a good option and is off contract at the same time...but fmd can the club do something about 1-9, playing Lewis really makes me think they're putting no where near enough effort in those areas.
What about a quality centre?????

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What about a quality centre?????
~700k for Cotric and he's ours. The other options off contract are pretty grim. With Reimis moving into the centres it look like we're after a winger anyways.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I reckon build a strong team around Averillo and Wakeham and we are well placed.
Wakeham hasn't shown anything to be viewed as a long-term 7. Sucks that there is no Reggie's this year. I was looking forward to seeing how he went leading reserves with the odd game in 1st. The game changes every year and now has changed again with new rules. A running halves pairing is important. Not sure if pay is woken up that block plays and side ways attack went out 2 years ago

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham hasn't shown anything to be viewed as a long-term 7. Sucks that there is no Reggie's this year. I was looking forward to seeing how he went leading reserves with the odd game in 1st. The game changes every year and now has changed again with new rules. A running halves pairing is important. Not sure if pay is woken up that block plays and side ways attack went out 2 years ago
Pay probably hasn't woken up that block plays have been a thing, he's just coaching the madness into them.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think based on what he has done in the Jrs and also the glimpses we have seen in first grade he needs more opportunity. He looked good next to Averillo the last 20mins of the Cows game. And he hasn’t had a chance to play with Foz. Compared to Lewis who has had more then enough time to prove himself. The quicker game would suit Wakeham’s style. Agree you could see Canberra did really well last night direct running guys pushing into space with half’s flatter off the ruck. No block plays.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but even in reserve grade he has done SFA, not as if he dominated like Thurston or barba or even Patrick Templeton was on fire in reserves
I think based on what he has done in the Jrs and also the glimpses we have seen in first grade he needs more opportunity. He looked good next to Averillo the last 20mins of the Cows game. And he hasn’t had a chance to play with Foz. Compared to Lewis who has had more then enough time to prove himself. The quicker game would suit Wakeham’s style. Agree you could see Canberra did really well last night direct running guys pushing into space with half’s flatter off the ruck. No block plays.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but even in reserve grade he has done SFA, not as if he dominated like Thurston or barba or even Patrick Templeton was on fire in reserves
Something about him I like bro.. when he did get a chance in first grade last year he took on the line and scored a great try. Plus his defence is not to shabby for a little fella. Played really well for Fiji too.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im glad that the Raiders had a good win last night.
It shows them that they dont need Bateman and it makes it a little easier for us to get him.
Because we desperately need him,Bateman will compliment Thompson next yr and takes a whole lot of pressure off him.