Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with it,there will be a lot of new changes we will have to accept and get used to
One thing we should never get used to or allow is government having unchecked power to force people to sign up to tracking technology.

Yes I understand that this app does not track your location per se, however I think it's a slipper slope from here.

I cringed pretty hard when I heard Greg Hunt say that we should download the app so we can go to the footy.

This coming from a conservative voter, I can tell you that they can f*** off if they want to tell me whether or not I can go and watch my bulldogs play NRL or not.

A

Alexander the Great

I don't have a problem with it,there will be a lot of new changes we will have to accept and get used to
First time i have logged on in a while and knew that the picture in your DP would belong to you. It could have only been you....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant install the damn app on my phone anyway.

My Play Store is still set to NZ even though living in Melbourne. If I change it to Australia it wont allow me to change it back to NZ for another 365 days and I plan on moving back in a few months...
Are you a kiwi? If so, that’s great come home,if your just moving here because you want too, then you will be waiting a while yet.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
My phone isn't compatible with the app, so if ScHomo wants me to download it then he can buy me a new phone.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you a kiwi? If so, that’s great come home,if your just moving here because you want too, then you will be waiting a while yet.
Um your moving remember I gifted you South Australia and scaffolding you can even have Penrith

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One thing we should never get used to or allow is government having unchecked power to force people to sign up to tracking technology.

Yes I understand that this app does not track your location per se, however I think it's a slipper slope from here.

I cringed pretty hard when I heard Greg Hunt say that we should download the app so we can go to the footy.

This coming from a conservative voter, I can tell you that they can f*** off if they want to tell me whether or not I can go and watch my bulldogs play NRL or not.
The fact that the tracing function is incomplete and the bribing tactics are pretty much turning me off from downloading it in the first place.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nah I'm aussie, but marrying a Kiwi and have lived in NZ before.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in my case. I've got a job lined up and was a former resident, so surely that helps in me getting back over.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am not downloading the app.

If Scotty from Marketing says it's good, it's a no from me.

Also why is the data held by Amazon. (one of the worst companies for data breaches.)

You have to be near someone for 15 mins for the app to register that you are near someone who tested positive for Covid 19. (shouldn't that person be in isolation)

The app might be 'safe', but Bluetooth & Wi-Fi can be traced.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The fact that the tracing function is incomplete and the bribing tactics are pretty much turning me off from downloading it in the first place.
Any government minister who tells you that you can only enjoy inherent freedoms if you download the app should be sacked or sack themselves.

tbh If there is a second wave (and it is worse than the first wave by a significant margin) then I would probably download the app. But until then I see little point in downloading it:

1. The only people who have died in Australia are elderly people who in many cases also had other pre-existing conditions. There has been zero risk (within Australia) to anyone other than elderly and people with serious existing conditions. I fully support strict rules to ensure these people are kept safe and virus free.
2. I dont think it's a good precedent to 'normalise' the use of tracking technology by government or private firms. Before anyone asks, I don't use facebook, instagram, twitter etc. Don't use a google home. I do have a google account, but only so I can use youtube.
3. I don't think our response to the virus was largely any different to many other countries who have suffered far more deaths than us. Therefore, I don't think this app will have the same benefit that it will in many other countries. I think the reason we have done so well is more the luck of:

- being an island continent
- Large distances between our population centres making community spread more difficult
- Warmer and more humid weather (for most of the country)
- lower population density in most parts of the country compared to many other major cities/countries around the world

4. Following on from point 1. The majority of deaths relate to only two issues. Ruby Princess cruise ship and aged care centres. In my estimation that means 99.9% of the Australian population have not been at risk.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No hat trick for NZ, 2 new cases, 1 new death...!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had to rate it Like.
I know it might be a stretch but she could look for a job.pilots are stacking shelves in woolies with no fuss . She's spreading her flaps on social media I'm sure she could stack a few shelves .... then again

It's great to see these so called " influencers " eat shit

Status
Not open for further replies.