Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

One of my favourite beaches Pearl. We sometimes hire a house on the beach for the weekend there. Nice tucked away little joint..
Yeah mate I work in pearly so I bet the 500 odd holiday houses there will be at least half full with people walking down the streets in big groups saying " how wonderful it is to escape the virus for a while" I'm hoping it doesn't happen but look from 14 days from easter Monday and the spike on the coast. I hope I'm dead wrong but I don't have much faith

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well that might be a game changer. The RSPCA and other animal welfare organisations have been telling us that domestic animals are safe to be around ( well except for the creepy weird ones in the Wuhan wet market) if transmitted to species normally found in the wild what next?
From what I understand of it, while animal to human infection is rare, it's not a really complex thing. The virus attaches itself to an ACE2 receptor, which means any animal with high concentrations of ACE2 receptors will be prone. But in not sure about how the receptors vary between humans and other animals

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite beaches Pearl. We sometimes hire a house on the beach for the weekend there. Nice tucked away little joint..
Yep people pay a fortune to stay there ,I get paid to be there .lobster season starting up soon also

A

Alexander the Great

Lucky you mate. Yeah I'm looking forward to it this year. Got all my spearing gear sorted last year and had a few runs around Sydney but sometimes it's better heading up north for it

Cray is on my list this year for sure.

Yep people pay a fortune to stay there ,I get paid to be there .lobster season starting up soon also

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky you mate. Yeah I'm looking forward to it this year. Got all my spearing gear sorted last year and had a few runs around Sydney but sometimes it's better heading up north for it

Cray is on my list this year for sure.
Past the rock pool at pearly point from there to poofter beach about 500m stretch couple of the boys were getting good numbers last year

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watched a current affair interview with a guy who was on the Ruby Princess whose wife passed away from it.

I feel for him for his loss but ........

The cruise began on 8 MARCH 2020 when it was plastered all over the news about issues on cruise ships etc. They were delayed getting on because there were a few sick people already on board and NSW health was investigating. The ship was eventually released that night and okayed to travel.

No way in this wide world would I have gotten on the ship knowing what was happening elsewhere and knowing people were sick. I would have heeded the previous warnings from health saying not to travel which were repeated day in day out in the news. He kept saying we should not have been allowed to board the ship, well ,my answer is you didn't have to board the ship, you have free will, you have doubts and maybe you shouldn't have. The ship was full of older people who we all know are in the unfortunate group which is most vulnerable. He said they were told upon docking that several people were sick and that upon disembarkation on the 19 March everyone should go straight home and isolate. They were well when they left the ship, next day both fell ill and were subsequently taken to Orange hospital where they were diagnosed. His wife remained in hospital where she passed away,he was lucky and eventually went home.

A terrible thing to happen and as we all know many have now fallen ill and several have died. Could it have been stopped, this is the question the law is now contemplating.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Boris Johnson in hospital with worsening corona virus issues. He was diagnosed over a week ago. Has handed over the running of the country for the time being...

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched a current affair interview with a guy who was on the Ruby Princess whose wife passed away from it.

I feel for him for his loss but ........

The cruise began on 8 MARCH 2020 when it was plastered all over the news about issues on cruise ships etc. They were delayed getting on because there were a few sick people already on board and NSW health was investigating. The ship was eventually released that night and okayed to travel.

No way in this wide world would I have gotten on the ship knowing what was happening elsewhere and knowing people were sick. I would have heeded the previous warnings from health saying not to travel which were repeated day in day out in the news. He kept saying we should not have been allowed to board the ship, well ,my answer is you didn't have to board the ship, you have free will, you have doubts and maybe you shouldn't have. The ship was full of older people who we all know are in the unfortunate group which is most vulnerable. He said they were told upon docking that several people were sick and that upon disembarkation on the 19 March everyone should go straight home and isolate. They were well when they left the ship, next day both fell ill and were subsequently taken to Orange hospital where they were diagnosed. His wife remained in hospital where she passed away,he was lucky and eventually went home.

A terrible thing to happen and as we all know many have now fallen ill and several have died. Could it have been stopped, this is the question the law is now contemplating.

On one hand I Agree that he should take responsibility and not say 'I shouldn't have been allowed on'.
On the other hand, 8th of March wasn't panic stations yet. March 12 and 13th were the days I genuinely felt everything worsen as it became apparent how widespread this was.

I remember 8th of March vividly because it was a significant day for me and it was life as normal. I recall getting diarrhoea on the 9th and was a little annoyed I was force to use three public bathrooms, but I still did it. Something I wouldn't have done on the 14th.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On one hand I Agree that he should take responsibility and not say 'I shouldn't have been allowed on'.
On the other hand, 8th of March wasn't panic stations yet. March 12 and 13th were the days I genuinely felt everything worsen as it became apparent how widespread this was.

I remember 8th of March vividly because it was a significant day for me and it was life as normal. I recall getting diarrhoea on the 9th and was a little annoyed I was force to use three public bathrooms, but I still did it. Something I wouldn't have done on the 14th.
Ah Nasheed at least they would have had toilet paper.......

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We're now at 46. Over 2.5 times what we had last week.

Unfortunately this is generally what we're going to see with the lag effect of the disease. Random spikes in deaths like this. We're still very fortunate that we haven't been hard hit by it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia doing pretty well all things considered.

jusy annoys me when I see all the feminists on twitter jumping for joy with the #boomerremover stuff because they think it'll kill off their resistance quick, but then they complain elsewhere they can't do stuff.
Just terribad people.

A

Alexander the Great

Triple the fines. Make it worth the poor polices time having to deal with these idiots.
Scott Morrison has warned Australians that failing to observe proper social distancing over the Easter long weekend would “undo everything” the country’s coronavirus response has achieved so far.
Double the fines like double demerits me thinks

Status
Not open for further replies.