News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's all unsubstantiated atm but, if, facts are as rumoured, then we are stuffed and will be hung out to dry.

The players need to own this and front up so that some of the controversy is directed where it should be, squarely on their shoulders.

I won't be happy if it's handled like with Elliott, Montoya and Fine. Other clubs have had their players front up and this seems to mitigate blame from the club. A presser public apology would no doubt have helped with that fiasco at the time.

Of course being the Bulldogs, there's extra sensationalism and derision by DT etc but a new way of handling this rubbish by the club when players transgress must be implemented for the clubs wellbeing.

This affects the club on every level.

So frustrating that our reputation sullied yet again by brain dead "elite" fg players who can't determine what's appropriate and decent behaviour to themselves, partners, club, teammates and the schoolgirls and our footy partnership with the north coast area....this all with their knowledge of Coffs incident (or at least they should have been aware of that aspect).
Just dumb.
Mate, the nrl will find the club culpable.
Heads will roll
I love my dogs,but this garbage is unacceptable.
It appears the club didnt do enough to protect the players

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Ray Hadley spoke about the case this morning and said he had spoken to people who are suggesting the two players will only receive a fine.

The thing in our clubs favour is that the current landscape for news is so full of Coronavirus panic that our club isn't going to get much attention over this.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, you've got your opinion on this and it's clear you're not going to change it no matter how hard people try to present different views.

Time and again you bring up vulnerability as if everyone else it talking about it, but you're the only person I've seen bring this up in the past 10+ pages? The only point people have been trying to make, and quite unsuccessfully in your case, is that these girls were apparently at school when these events were initiated.

How the girls acted. What they were like. Whether they showed cleavage. None of this is relevant at all. And I don't see anyone bringing this up.

The fact is that while on a paid school visit to boost the image of our club and the NRL one or both players started grooming 1 or 2 girls. This built up to the point that 2 girls were brought back to their rooms, against club policy.
take advantage = vulnerability. there is a direct correlation ..

and a shit tonne of media and our members have mentioned take advantage/vulnerable ...

shindig

Waterboy
Reaction score
sorry I couldn't give a sh!t about the PC brigade .....

The same morons that listen to the media, are the same selfish FCKs that have emptied the shelves at the supermarket ... degenerates ...

Fact = nothing illegal
Fact = players breached C.O.C
Public opinion = very stupid behaviour by players and should be punished.

the alleged vulnerability of the girls is irrelevant. I was simply providing context to the discussion about how society has changed and how some of our older members need to be in touch with the new generation better.
Do you think if a cop came to the school to give a quick talk about careers in policing , then had consensual sex later that night whilst off duty with a 16yr old girl
he met during said talk , that he would have a job still ?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Also Ray Hadley was indicating that only one of the players had sex with a school girl. The other player met a girl from tinder and brought her back to the team hotel (which is against team rules). So clearly one player is going to get smashed far worse than the other in terms of punishment

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we are a marked club because we don't stand up for ourselves and we bend over backwards to the small dick of the administration... what's there to defend? uhh the fact that the only wrong doing was having girls at the hotel, yet they are being hung out to dry while players facing actual criminal offences will line up this weekend, one opposing Jayden's replacement. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but adults are allowed to have sex
Fucking hell. How do people not get it?

If BOTH cases were simply like CHN and picking up a chick & bringing her to the team hotel then OK. I'd get that we should puncish them, but not make such a big deal out of it.

But in the case of Okunbur when he actively went after this 16 girl on a school visit in an area which we're trying to establish as a feeder club? He was working. Getting paid. Spreading the good word of the club. And while doing that he chats up a chick, arranges for her to meet either in town or back at his room. And that's "being hung out to dry"

Fuck off. Seriously. He's absolutely hung the club out to dry with that. Any person with half a braincell can understand that was a completely different situation that picking up a girl on Tinder and bringing her back to hotel room. He picked her up at school FFS. During a paid school visit!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you think if a cop came to the school to give a quick talk about careers in policing , then had consensual sex later that night whilst off duty with a 16yr old girl
he met during said talk , that he would have a job still ?
I'm not sure what your point is .. I said Okonbur needs to be punished ..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep, he'll probably have to go to the Catalans Dragons now
Manly have already made enquiries about him joining their gang

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's not 1984 Moey, with social media these things spread like wildfire. It would be much worse for us if a cover up was exposed.
Dealing with it in house isn't covering it up. What has been done doesn't deserve the media scrutiny and the circus it has currently caused. Yes they deserve punishment but not trial by media..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
On a side note, I wish this didn’t happen BUT if it had to happen why couldn’t it be Foran? Hello cap space!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking hell. How do people not get it?

If BOTH cases were simply like CHN and picking up a chick & bringing her to the team hotel then OK. I'd get that we should puncish them, but not make such a big deal out of it.

But in the case of Okunbur when he actively went after this 16 girl on a school visit in an area which we're trying to establish as a feeder club? He was working. Getting paid. Spreading the good word of the club. And while doing that he chats up a chick, arranges for her to meet either in town or back at his room. And that's "being hung out to dry"

Fuck off. Seriously. He's absolutely hung the club out to dry with that. Any person with half a braincell can understand that was a completely different situation that picking up a girl on Tinder and bringing her back to hotel room. He picked her up at school FFS. During a paid school visit!

not saying I agree with the actions but I also don't see the big fuss in regards to consenting adults having sex which is not against any rules, or more importantly, laws.. it happens.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Your deflection of the players decision to involve themselves in this behaviour is still irrelevant to the fallout of their actions.

It's on them how this has affected the club. Not the girls. That's all the club are concerned with.

More talk on the girls will only encourage the gossip hounds to try interviewing the school, the girls, the parents, the local football coaches at the schools and clubs who are dealing with the local scandal.

Drop talk of the girls.
sorry I couldn't give a sh!t about the PC brigade .....

The same morons that listen to the media, are the same selfish FCKs that have emptied the shelves at the supermarket ... degenerates ...

Fact = nothing illegal
Fact = players breached C.O.C
Public opinion = very stupid behaviour by players and should be punished.

the alleged vulnerability of the girls is irrelevant. I was simply providing context to the discussion about how society has changed and how some of our older members need to be in touch with the new generation better.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TRUST...Did Dumb & Dumber brake the trust in care code ?
It remains to be clarified...
It's a sad sad sad world we live in...Double standards is an understatement !!!
Society...For so many people morals does not exist
For example, a woman was criticized by another woman for marrying at 17 accusing her ( mid 20 ) husband to be (a cradle snatcher). That woman was priding herself to have had sex by 12 and was disappointed that her 13 years old daughter was still a virgin but her other 18 years old daughter was impregnated by a 14 years old boy...
Are you shocked ???
Sports people in general are extremely talented but not necessarily the smartest people, the involuntary roll model tag they get is a total misconception...You are the only true roll model of your children !!!
The media...
If they hate you ( Bulldogs ) they make you look like the worst evil ever !
If they like you ( almost everyone else ) they cover up for you to make you look like an angel !
Are you still wondering why The Greatest Game of all is now The Greatest Shame of all !!!
Divide and rule...We have to thank the Packers and the Murdochs for that !!!

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t blame the media. Clubs go to schools to promote the club and the game, NOT to pick up school girls or anyone from the school. The players are sooo stupid. They should knock one off before going to a venue where they’re going to be tempted!