News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
and what would you do if you kept it in house and then some fkwit journo stumbles across the story and starts reporting that the Bulldogs are covering up another sex scandal?
Its better than throwing players under the bus and having It all played out in the media. I understand they did wrong by breaking rules, but what they actually did wasnt illegal. And now without all the details out, so many fake stories, innuendos, claims are out there which the players families snd players have to deal with.
A strong leader like Bullfrog would have punished the players without word getting out and turning it into a media circus.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the Club has handled the situation that any decent person would agree with. I will add that most of the other club's in the NRL would not have done the same. Sure it does put us at a small disadvantage (mainly with CHN loss) but at the end of the day the other clubs can do what they want and be allowed to under the hit and miss Greenturd system.

As a club we can hold our heads high, as players I don't care if they're shown the door and as a fan I would like to thank the players for once again making it hard to be a Dogs fan. We're the ones coping the taunts, once again reminded of the rape case last night, now we're pedo's too apparently. Cheers for making it so easy for other fans and giving them all the ammo they need!

Seriously us fans are too good for some of these players!
Great post and spot on.

I'm so lucky I'm not in Australia for this as Coffs Harbour was so so hard to deal with. The disrespect these players have shown our club, US, is beyond comprehension. I can't believe how many on here are more than happy to wipe their actions away like it's nothing.

We should set the mark for how to react to such situations and really come down hard. Then the rest of the clubs will be forced to follow our lead.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, the nrl will find the club culpable.
Heads will roll
I love my dogs,but this garbage is unacceptable.
It appears the club didnt do enough to protect the players
Lol.
It's the clubs fault, that they didn't babysit the 24 year old men closely enough?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Its better than throwing players under the bus and having It all played out in the media. I understand they did wrong by breaking rules, but what they actually did wasnt illegal. And now without all the details out, so many fake stories, innuendos, claims are out there which the players families snd players have to deal with.
A strong leader like Bullfrog would have punished the players without word getting out and turning it into a media circus.
Throwing the players under the bus?

These 2 players have thrown the club and all of its stakeholders under the bus.

This 100% would’ve eventually got out and the media circus would’ve been 10x worse than what it is now with the club getting on the front foot.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The less said about the girls on Bulldog social media the better.

We are not in a position to be questioning them in any way.

The media will, as with Coffs, be trolling our sites happily re-publishing silly comments throwing shade on the females.

The club is focussed on the players behaviour, and breaking our club standards, not the girls.
sorry I couldn't give a sh!t about the PC brigade .....

The same morons that listen to the media, are the same selfish FCKs that have emptied the shelves at the supermarket ... degenerates ...

Fact = nothing illegal
Fact = players breached C.O.C
Public opinion = very stupid behaviour by players and should be punished.

the alleged vulnerability of the girls is irrelevant. I was simply providing context to the discussion about how society has changed and how some of our older members need to be in touch with the new generation better.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think our club just try too hard to be the good guys, all the time... and we know where good guys finish

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ray Hadley stated a few things.
Okunbur had sex with the 16 year old school girl he met at the school
CHN had sex with an older girl from tinder.
Both occurred at the team hotel.
As I said earlier Okunbur has a lot more to answer than CHN and should receive a much greater punishment

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sorry I couldn't give a sh!t about the PC brigade .....

The same morons that listen to the media, are the same selfish FCKs that have emptied the shelves at the supermarket ... degenerates ...

Fact = nothing illegal
Fact = players breached C.O.C
Public opinion = very stupid behaviour by players and should be punished.

the alleged vulnerability of the girls is irrelevant. I was simply providing context to the discussion about how society has changed and how some of our older members need to be in touch with the new generation better.
Honestly, you've got your opinion on this and it's clear you're not going to change it no matter how hard people try to present different views.

Time and again you bring up vulnerability as if everyone else it talking about it, but you're the only person I've seen bring this up in the past 10+ pages? The only point people have been trying to make, and quite unsuccessfully in your case, is that these girls were apparently at school when these events were initiated.

How the girls acted. What they were like. Whether they showed cleavage. None of this is relevant at all. And I don't see anyone bringing this up.

The fact is that while on a paid school visit to boost the image of our club and the NRL one or both players started grooming 1 or 2 girls. This built up to the point that 2 girls were brought back to their rooms, against club policy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So Ray Hadley (yuck) had some more info.

-One player met a 18 year old on Tinder and bought her back to the room and had sex in the team hotel.

-Another player had sex in the team hotel with a 16 year old he met at a school visit.

-There was no names named.

-No complaints from the girls or parents.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ray Hadley stated a few things.
Okunbur had sex with the 16 year old school girl he met at the school
CHN had sex with an older girl from tinder.
Both occurred at the team hotel.
As I said earlier Okunbur has a lot more to answer than CHN and should receive a much greater punishment
He didn't actually name the players.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think our club just try too hard to be the good guys, all the time... and we know where good guys finish
What's there to defend in this mate?

I agree about many past things. We bent over WAY WAY too often. Fucking hell I hated the lack of balls about our club in the past.

In this situation though what is the alternative? We're already a marked club. We're without a major sponsor. We're a team that's struggling. History of off-field issues.

And we're going to come out and fight against it? When the situation is so clearly a fuck up from the players? When there's apparently very clear evidence that the players did wrong?

What other option did the club have? I really don't know mate.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Ray Hadley (yuck) had some more info.

-One player met a 18 year old on Tinder and bought her back to the room and had sex in the team hotel.

-Another player had sex in the team hotel with a 16 year old he met at a school visit.

-There was no names named.

-No complaints from the girls or parents.
In the case of CHN then he's a silly boy and should cop a minor punishment for breaking the club rules.

Okunbur has to be sacked. Has to be.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Throwing the players under the bus?

These 2 players have thrown the club and all of its stakeholders under the bus.

This 100% would’ve eventually got out and the media circus would’ve been 10x worse than what it is now with the club getting on the front foot.
They had sex with a girl. Whooppee, consensual sex as well, same thing 90% every other player does. Yes they broke club rules. But fuck me let's end their careers lets give them hell and Fuck their whole lives up. Get a grip its a nothing issue that shouldn't be spread all over the media like they have been.

This club is gone fkn soft...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's there to defend in this mate?

I agree about many past things. We bent over WAY WAY too often. Fucking hell I hated the lack of balls about our club in the past.

In this situation though what is the alternative? We're already a marked club. We're without a major sponsor. We're a team that's struggling. History of off-field issues.

And we're going to come out and fight against it? When the situation is so clearly a fuck up from the players? When there's apparently very clear evidence that the players did wrong?

What other option did the club have? I really don't know mate.
we are a marked club because we don't stand up for ourselves and we bend over backwards to the small dick of the administration... what's there to defend? uhh the fact that the only wrong doing was having girls at the hotel, yet they are being hung out to dry while players facing actual criminal offences will line up this weekend, one opposing Jayden's replacement. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but adults are allowed to have sex

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the case of CHN then he's a silly boy and should cop a minor punishment for breaking the club rules.

Okunbur has to be sacked. Has to be.
Yeah CHN should get the one game and a fine. He's going to cop just as much shit as Okonbur when all he has done is bring a girl back to his room.

There's no other option with Okonbur hes gotta go.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's not 1984 Moey, with social media these things spread like wildfire. It would be much worse for us if a cover up was exposed.