News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think this is fucking disgusting. They go to
a school as ambassadors for the club and pick up students? When they visit a school as professionals there is a duty of care, just as there would be for a teacher.

I really hope the club gives them the punt. Creepy shit!

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
Hey bud, there is absolutely nothing homophobic about my comments nor do I have a homophobic bone in my body. I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else because I know the respect & the love I have for gay people. My point is simply that YES, these guys did break team protocol but the media is making them out to be petafilles for hanging out with young ladies of legal age.
As for my family, well if you didn't get it the first time - I can relate, as the ages of the people in question are exactly the same as the ages of me & my wife and many others starting a relationship & there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
And you can bury your head in the sand if you chose, but we all know that absolutely nothing would be made of this If they met up with men & not women, and rightly so as there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that also.

What's wrong with the world today, is that although they went outside team protocol and should face some punishment, It ain't no crime so don't treat them like criminals.
It’s the fact that they were adults invited into a trusted environment and abused there privilege! You meeting your wife at those ages doesn’t compare to this situation. These guys abused there fame, privelage, status etc to take advantage of young girls, that don’t know better at there age. The school and club trusted them in that environment and they abused it. They obviously have not been advised or supervised accordingly by the people that are meant to be doing so. Not only the players should be punished for this, management and security also need to be held accountable.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's absolutely no difference in this to a swimming coach grooming and picking up his/her swimmers. People want to compare this to other clubs, be my guest.

But anyone with 1/2 a brain will realise that the club has been trying to fix its broken image. Rebrand itself. Over the years we've been painted in such a bad light by so many people. Sometimes our fault. Other times not.

This case has no relation to any of that, nor to what other clubs have encountered.

It's very simple. If it's proven that the players got in contact with these girls while working at school they should be sacked. Immediately. They're lucky they won't got to jail as the parents apparently aren't complaining. Personally I'd be happy to see them go to jail if they're shown to be guilty.

There's absolutely no excuse in this, and those trying to excuse it because of others teams or whatever are just as bad as them.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately there are plenty of idiots that see this as a joke or the norm which is disgusting! I can’t believe that people make a joke of this, it’s adults picking up girls at school!! That’s revolting!
Well said! Wonder if any of them would still find it funny if it was their sister, daughter, niece etc... IF IT IS TRUE, it is disgusting and imo the club should rid of them both!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s the fact that they were adults invited into a trusted environment and abused there privilege! You meeting your wife at those ages doesn’t compare to this situation. These guys abused there fame, privelage, status etc to take advantage of young girls, that don’t know better at there age. The school and club trusted them in that environment and they abused it. They obviously have not been advised or supervised accordingly by the people that are meant to be doing so. Not only the players should be punished for this, management and security also need to be held accountable.
As I said, punish them, don't lock them up for 20 years

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly. Child supervision laws actually forbids any staff to even talk about sex, let alone mentioning their own sexual stories. Rules are clear where a supervisor of children can touch the children. Where they can't. The Rule of 3 where they can't be alone with the child at any point.

And they groomed them. Took their numbers. Exchanged pleasantries. Had them come to their rooms. Away from the school environment. Alone. To do ....

Guys. This is very very very bad. Whether it's consensual or not isn't the point. It's the fact that they were acting as supervisors at the point of contact, and continued the relationship from that point. The Bulldogs are going to get absolultely pummelled for this as they'll now need to produce evidence that all of the players were informed of these rules. At the end of the day it's the employer's responsibilty that it ensures all the staff are acting accordingly.

The players themselves can argue that they were never properly trained about this. That they didn't receive the appropriate support. That they never signed anything clearly showing that they understood their role and limitation. Hope to fuck that we have written evidence of their training etc. so the club doesn't get entirely fucked.

Those asking the club to stand up to the NRL obviously don't understand the magnitude of this situation. If you thought Port Maquarie was bad, this is way way worse.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Please people let’s not forget this ... View attachment 13528
What an idiotic post.

1. Rumors aren't the same as actual facts.

2. It's not illegal for a footy player to date a 17 year old girl. It's illegal if they were under their care and they took advantage of it.

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
Well said! Wonder if any of them would still find it funny if it was their sister, daughter, niece etc... IF IT IS TRUE, it is disgusting and imo the club should rid of them both!
agree Get rid of them and also hold the people that are hired to ensure this stuff doesn’t happen are also held accountable. We have people that were sacked and replaced by the current mob that are paid too ensure this doesn’t happen. It’s been 2 off seasons in a row of really disgusting and embarrassing stuff. Also by the way both incidents happened whilst players were on duty and meant to be supervised. Great work by our CEO, GM player manger, player security and board!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh and let’s not forget this ...

View attachment 13528
You're an absolute idiot. Can't believe people are really trying to defend this shit.

Our club is in absolute hell now. We'll lose our 'new sponsor' for sure. 100% Most likely lose others. NRL will come after us to cover their own arses. We're going to be fed to the wolves.

Fucking mess.

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
You're an absolute idiot. Can't believe people are really trying to defend this shit.

Our club is in absolute hell now. We'll lose our 'new sponsor' for sure. 100% Most likely lose others. NRL will come after us to cover their own arses. We're going to be fed to the wolves.

Fucking mess.
What’s worse is the fact we have no decent CEO, board or senior players strong enough to lead us through this. Even all our current office staff are all new and in experienced because all the previous experienced people were sacked in order to give jobs for the boys. There is no way Rashays will stay sponsoring now, and even if they do it would be for a petty sum

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I genuinely feel sorry for every Bulldogs player who takes that field tomorrow, the pressure. The expectation and the slurs and sledging not just from opposition players but also the crowd.
It was suppose to be a day of celebration for the likes of Wakeham winning the starting halves gig and debutants, Brit and Stimson. Instead it’ll be a pressure cooker like situation where they’ll have no where to hide. All anyone’s going to be talking about pre game and post game is this stupid incident.

I dare say, we may not see Okenbur and CHN again in the Bulldogs colours or at the very least in season 2020.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone say that there was anything sexual?
Maybe they went back and played uno?
Nah but in all seriousness im a massive chn fan and a not so massive okinbur fan so I’ll be consistent and say sack them both. That’s not what the club represents, plus they BOTH have serious relationships, okinburs mum works at the club and if that’s the type of character u want in the team than I can’t agree with that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
agree Get rid of them and also hold the people that are hired to ensure this stuff doesn’t happen are also held accountable. We have people that were sacked and replaced by the current mob that are paid too ensure this doesn’t happen. It’s been 2 off seasons in a row of really disgusting and embarrassing stuff. Also by the way both incidents happened whilst players were on duty and meant to be supervised. Great work by our CEO, GM player manger, player security and board!
Hang on mate - don't bring your anti-board agenda into this.
The previous board were VOTED OUT by the football club members. No-one was 'sacked'.

That said - I am not downplaying this incident one bit. It needs to be dealt with in the strongest possible manner and so far that's exactly what the club ('board') appear to have done - self reported to the NRL integrity unit and then the NRL have stood the players down pending investigation.
It's exactly what good leadership should have done too.

So let's just keep the two topics separate and address them accordingly.
And PLEASE leave race out of it - none of this 'all white all right' nonsense. It so happens that the players involved are not white but so what - if they were white they would and should be dealt with in the same way.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The previous board were VOTED OUT by the football club members. No-one was 'sacked'.

That said - I am not downplaying this incident one bit. It needs to be dealt with in the strongest possible manner and so far that's exactly what the club ('board') appear to have done - self reported to the NRL integrity unit and then the NRL have stood the players down pending investigation.

And PLEASE leave race out of it - none of this 'all white all right' nonsense. It so happens that the players involved are not white but so what - if they were white they would and should be dealt with in the same way.
Well said.

So far I believe the club has done exactly the right thing. It's the club that made the first step. It's the club that acted. Not the NRL.

I hope it's a beat up, I really do. But the reality of it is that we're fucked.

Can't express how sad and upset I am about this. I honestly thought we'd finally got over all the past stuff that had been going on, and then this. It really makes me want to cry because it's going to cripple this club. Anyone who thinks differently doesn't realise the enormity of the situation ...

... if the rumours are correct ...

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I am in no way PRO current board and I think that’s evident BUT they have acted accordingly and shown balls.
Compare our board with Parramatta’s in their handling of Maika Sivo after he was CHARGED and has a case still pending and also Canberra’s handling of Curtis Scott after he was CHARGED for assaulting a police officer and who’s case is still pending. Those two clubs DIDN’T take action and are sending the message that if you’re a big enough star we’ll support you even if you’re being charged and acting in a illegal manner.
Our club, the BULLDOGS aren’t doing that. We’re about accountability and showing our members and the community that no one player be it a super star is not bigger then the club.
Let’s support our management for this. It can’t have been easy considering we’re down sponsorship, membership and favouritism amongst potential future players.

This has certainly taken us back along way again but the board showed kahunas and I’ll open say this. Well done. #ProudToBeaBulldog

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score

you bring up players skin colour not me and seriously not sure why and how that is relevant? Also not talking about board sackings genius I was talking about people like Thompson, Farrar and all the other staff sacked last year as reported in the papers and sprouted by the board as our new direction. They were all hired by the board to do a job, great job so far! Give me Ray Dibs toe nail over this board and I would not hire the current staff or CEO running our club at my kebab shop! Let’s not forget your beloved current board are accuse of being thieves that rip off there workers!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What’s worse is the fact we have no decent CEO, board or senior players strong enough to lead us through this. Even all our current office staff are all new and in experienced because all the previous experienced people were sacked in order to give jobs for the boys. There is no way Rashays will stay sponsoring now, and even if they do it would be for a petty sum
I actually think the CEO and board are good and will deal with this accordingly. I really do.

However, my concern is more with the playing group which is relatively young and I don't think they'll be able to deal with the intense media scrutiny coming with it. Plus ... the fans. I'm honestly glad I'm not in Australia as I wouldn't be able to deal with the new comments that's going to be associated with this wonderful club.

Someone on here talked about how he's not going to be proud to be in that jersey anymore, and I also have to agree.

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
I actually think the CEO and board are good and will deal with this accordingly. I really do.

However, my concern is more with the playing group which is relatively young and I don't think they'll be able to deal with the intense media scrutiny coming with it. Plus ... the fans. I'm honestly glad I'm not in Australia as I wouldn't be able to deal with the new comments that's going to be associated with this wonderful club.

Someone on here talked about how he's not going to be proud to be in that jersey anymore, and I also have to agree.

It’s very sad. I don’t give the board or our puppet CEO any credit as everything they do is RE active and not pro active. To me this is the most simplest of things you teach your players. It’s the boards and CEO role to hire people that are best fit for the role of GM of football, player security, player education, welfare etc. clearly people in those roles arnt fit for their duties and are only there to strengthen the grip that #bulldogsperm has on our club

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s very sad. I don’t give the board or our puppet CEO any credit as everything they do is RE active and not pro active. To me this is the most simplest of things you teach your players. It’s the boards and CEO role to hire people that are best fit for the role of GM of football, player security, player education, welfare etc. clearly people in those roles arnt fit for their duties and are only there to strengthen the grip that #bulldogsperm has on our club
And where's your evidence this wasn't done?
Because two players chose to break the rules that's somehow the clubs fault?
What's that smell? Oh, AGENDA...