Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course I can answer. Most level headed people are preparing for being contained in their homes, to limit the time they need to leave their homes. Toilet paper is one of those necessary items. It dont go out of date and even if this coronavirus is not as bad as experts say, you will still use it eventually.

For those that don't buy toilet paper now, can you imagine a big outbreak of coronavirus (looks likely) then you have to pop out to shops to get a silly item line toilet paper and end up catching the virus because other bafoons with the virus are not staying home and also out to get toilet paper.

Get these sorts of items now so you can limit your need to leave your house.

Dont be a dope, world experts are saying pull no punches in your response. Why not stock up on essential items .
You can justify your actions as much as you want. Your actions have contributed to problems that didn't need to exist in the first place.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Iam not a doctor or a mathematician but should the amount of shit paper you keep be proportional to the amount of shitting one would do
So wouldn’t you need loads of food to do loads of shits ?
So shouldn’t people be panic buying food at the same rate as shit paper?
They are. Woolworths and Coles were both reporting low stocks of long life food before the low stocks of TP.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my own remedy to corona virus. It might just work too

I think everyone should sit in the sauna..

Coronavirus is a winter virus and it don't fare well to heat.. so hit it with heat.. sit in a sauna at 80 degrees for half an hour.. the flu don't like it. It drains your lungs etc you sweat out toxins and recuperate with water?

Australian of the year nominations anyone?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have my own remedy to corona virus. It might just work too

I think everyone should sit in the sauna..

Coronavirus is a winter virus and it don't fare well to heat.. so hit it with heat.. sit in a sauna at 80 degrees for half an hour.. the flu don't like it. It drains your lungs etc you sweat out toxins and recuperate with water?

Australian of the year nominations anyone?
Probably best to go for 1 hour just in case. Viruses are pretty resilient to heat. That said, 1 minute at 80 degrees will be enough to kill you and the virus will probably die off soon after that.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need real action on this. Obviously there are enough selfish bastards in society who can easily justify themselves over such stupidity as hoarding toilet paper rolls that it creates a shortage. Imagine how that level of selfishness will effect things that really matter (and arguably already is in the case of things like paracetamol). The justification of "first in best dressed" is fundamentally flawed, as the best chance everyone has of survival (let alone progress) is cooperation. If our ability to cooperate is so intrinsically broken as to truly justify this kind of selfishness, than we might as well give up on the whole thing right now. Apocalypse movies are fiction, reality is that no small group of people (let alone person on their own) has the capacity or ability to survive on their own.

There is a story going around of some young girls visiting old people to make sure they have enough toilet paper. It would be worth publicly shaming idiots who now have enough toilet paper to last them more than two months, except there are too many such idiots. Maybe stick to the ones who have a years supply. I'm talking half-flippantly, but at the same time if people are allowed to exercise such stupidity in this way it will end up effecting things that are much more dangerous for others than a toilet paper shortage.
Unfortunately there are people already using the situation for greed. A couple of buy swap and sell groups I'm involved with locally have already had to ban people that have bought up loads of toilet paper and are attempting to sell it at inflated prices. You could argue that we really deserve an apocalyptic virus to sort out some of our cancerous society iven that so many are already proving to be selfish crap stains.

can I borrow some toilet paper from someone?
I'm a generous sort of guy. I won't make you borrow toilet paper, but I'll give you all of mine second hand if you are desperate enough to want it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I saw a few friends post this earlier and it's 100% awesome. But I should point out that it's a motivational thing rather than a factual thing. He says, "I've worked on infectious diseases" then says "Believe me, facts". But notice how he never references anything? He doesn't actually provide any backup for his facts. Being a scientist and a Doctor he knows that actual evidence takes place over anecdotal evidence, but also that people will believe anecdotal evidence so he uses anecdotal evidence in the form of "I'm a doctor, just believe me". Even though he hasn't actually worked on the disease at all.

I point this out with hinderance. As I said, what he said is 100% awesome because it's about removing fear. But unfortunately the ones actually working on the virus including the WHO, John's Hopkins University, Harvard. These experts are saying that a minimum of 480,000 people will die globally. That between 50,000 and 250,000 will die in Australia. These people are also saying not to panic. But that the FACTS say that these deaths will happen.

The reason they say, "Don't panic" is because people become irrational when they panic. Yes, if we don't come up with a solution then almost everyone in Australia will lose at least one friend or relative to the Coronavirus. But hoarding toilet paper even though there's no supply problem. Hoarding face masks even though they do nothing to protect you from the virus. These things don't help and they're the stuff of panic.
So Hacky the part i have highlighted..if I’m reading it correctly..that potentially half of the world’s deaths would occur in Australia..when China..where it started has around 3000 dead in a larger population and it’s death rates are supposedly lowering..plus 57000 people have recovered.. Comparatively it seems overstated for the effect that it will have on us .. I am no science man so I may be reading it incorrectly..

source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Hacky the part i have highlighted..if I’m reading it correctly..that potentially half of the world’s deaths would occur in Australia..when China..where it started has around 3000 dead in a larger population and it’s death rates are supposedly lowering..plus 57000 people have recovered.. Comparatively it seems overstated for the effect that it will have on us .. I am no science man so I may be reading it incorrectly..

source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-cases/
The 480,000 is the bare minimum. 50,000 - 250,000 is a loose number based on assumptions of 1%

So for example if 40% of Australians contract the virus and 2% die then around 180,000 die. Take into account our better health system and the figure drops to around 50,000. That's if we do enough to slow the impacts.

If 40% of the world is infected and there's no slowing of the virus then the death rate is over 600 million. With solid attempts to stop the virus, strong quarantine measures, etc, then it could drop down to below 500,000.

That's based on projections with a 2% mortality rate. The WHO is now saying that the mortality rate is closer to 3.4%

But there's different projections from different groups and we don't have enough information to accurately predict it yet. For example, Harvard Epidemiologist is saying 40-70% total infection, while others are saying less or more

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...illion-adults-harvard-expert-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The 480,000 is the bare minimum. 50,000 - 250,000 is a loose number based on assumptions of 1%

So for example if 40% of Australians contract the virus and 2% die then around 180,000 die. Take into account our better health system and the figure drops to around 50,000. That's if we do enough to slow the impacts.

If 40% of the world is infected and there's no slowing of the virus then the death rate is over 600 million. With solid attempts to stop the virus, strong quarantine measures, etc, then it could drop down to below 500,000.

That's based on projections with a 2% mortality rate. The WHO is now saying that the mortality rate is closer to 3.4%

But there's different projections from different groups and we don't have enough information to accurately predict it yet. For example, Harvard Epidemiologist is saying 40-70% total infection, while others are saying less or more

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...illion-adults-harvard-expert-2020-3?r=US&IR=T
Well Hacky.. as they say.. There are 3 types of lies..lies..damn lies..and statistics..

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Italy's getting hammered that's because those filthy wogs talk with their hands flicking the coronavirus on everyone *****

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Coles and Woolies are loving this... Wesfarmers executives are loving it too no doubt.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol now fucktards are having arguments on a train over a cough both fucking retards.
Maybe Hitler had the right idea just directed at the wrong people, perhaps we need another final solution, blue boost can be Oscar shcindler employing retards at the toilet paper factory

A

Alexander the Great

My son and I have all the symptoms of the corona virus..bit worried but I have over 80 rolls of toilet paper so I should be sweet right?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe - were you being serious when you said Australia will have between 50,000 and 250,000 deaths? Or just trying to troll the people in this thread?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.