Opinion No Structure

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haha tosser :tonguewink: 1981 lol.!!!

but yea Of corse it’s like that, the abuse seems to only happen between a few, I mean I’m mutual an respect most on here (bar a few) but then I just try not to bite an ignore them as their opinion does not worry me.
Yeah mate wasn’t aimed at you at all - you’re totally cool. For a Kiwi :-). And I say that as a well balanced Aussie (you know, with a chip on both shoulders :-)).

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember last year pay finally selected the kennel players all were screaming for on here.
Guess what we were still losing.
It's been a long off season, I haven't died wondering with my opinions either.
Now lets get behind them it's ' GAME ON.... only us supporters can help get our team through the tight games.
Time to stick together, be vocal at games, no one knows other than ourselves what it's like to be a dogs supporter.
Let's do what we do best, and get our team home.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Have you been a student at the Scotty from Marketing School of Alternative Facts and Unanswered Answers.

Mate your statement saying ....
"If someone logged onto the kennel for the first time in the past few weeks and read some of the comments they’d think he was better than Andrew Johns, Johnathan Thurston, King Wally, Sterlo and Turvey combined"

Thats an example of casting aspersion and doubt on our local juniir by saying Wakeham supporters made comments comparing Brandon to Sterlo, Johns Thurston.

It's total exaggeration and fabrication to summarise members posts who see something in Wakeham and then categorise those comments in the way you have".

Seems a clear enough answer to your prior request...

"Please point out where I have cast doubt over our own young junior? Didn’t think so Wendy"

I provided evidence above where you said Wakeham supporters had likened him to Johns, Sterlo etc.

It's total exaggeration of what Wakeham supporters have said in suport of his talent and total trivialising of our local juniors' current potential by you mate.
Hahaha how is it? You’re hilarious

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stay Positive guys. Don't let the form guide of some lack lustred trial games make you give up on our team. I don't exactly think Pay is the right man for the job either BUT I'm going to support him and the team as best I can because that's the cards we have been dealt for now.

#ProudToBeaBulldog

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Stay Positive guys. Don't let the form guide of some lack lustred trial games make you give up on our team.
#ProudToBeaBulldog
I agree with this and can’t wait for the season to start

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's very concerning man... I know alot of us love DWZ but we are limited in our ball playing all through the spine. Some people won't like to hear it but DWZ/Lewis/Cogger/Katoa is arguably the worst spine in the comp. Couple that with them letting forwards dictate play inside the opp 20 and it's a recipe for disaster.
From what I've seen in the 2 trials,our non existent attack,is a real problem,and I tend to agree ,that there seems to be no plan or structure,in defence or attack,I can't understand why our forwards are touching the ball in the opposition 20.brandon wakeham,will eventually become a good first grader, but his defence on our line yesterday was abysmal,and I don't think he is the answer,at the moment,maybe playing jacko at 5/8 and Lewis at lock,bringing in dean Britt,and joe Stimson,pay has to try something different,because his current formula is not working

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From what I've seen in the 2 trials,our non existent attack,is a real problem,and I tend to agree ,that there seems to be no plan or structure,in defence or attack,I can't understand why our forwards are touching the ball in the opposition 20.brandon wakeham,will eventually become a good first grader, but his defence on our line yesterday was abysmal,and I don't think he is the answer,at the moment,maybe playing jacko at 5/8 and Lewis at lock,bringing in dean Britt,and joe Stimson,pay has to try something different,because his current formula is not working
Can't believe people are still trying to blame Wakeham for that try :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CHN got sucked in by the decoy runner but Wakeham had a clear shot and chose not to hit what was in front of him. It wasn’t his fault from a defence line position but as a 1st grader he should of played the man in front of him.

He DOES need to work in his defence.
Heat of the moment call and he chose to hold his line

It wasn’t as blatant as Lewis missing two front on tackles to no names but net result it ended in a try

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
CHN got sucked in by the decoy runner but Wakeham had a clear shot and chose not to hit what was in front of him. It wasn’t his fault from a defence line position but as a 1st grader he should of played the man in front of him.

He DOES need to work on his defence.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/29/pleasing-performance-but-plenty-to-work-on-pay/
No shit he needs to improve, the entire team needs to improve. But to blame him for the try? We had 3-4 players stuck in the ruck and that sucked everyone else in. Could he have done better? Sure, but chances are they still score unless he pulls off something spectacular or the Raiders bomb it.

His defence is hardly as bad as some of you make it sound and it's getting bloody boring hearing about defence over and over when the team can barely score more than 12 points a game. Not every "halfback" is the size of a forward.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No shit he needs to improve, the entire team needs to improve. But to blame him for the try? We had 3-4 players stuck in the ruck and that sucked everyone else in. Could he have done better? Sure, but chances are they still score unless he pulls off something spectacular or the Raiders bomb it.

His defence is hardly as bad as some of you make it sound and it's getting bloody boring hearing about defence over and over when the team can barely score more than 12 points a game. Not every "halfback" is the size of a forward.
Again you use “some of you” generalisation crap in a reply..As I said CHN got sucked in (not the 4 players around the ruck they were just lazy at marker instead of getting properly in the line).

Wakeham was close enough to smell the bloke and had a clear one on one shot and did nothing. Don’t be what you claim others on here are, he missed a tackle full stop.

I think he is our best option at half with Lewis in 6 but he has work to do.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Again you use “some of you” generalisation crap in a reply..As I said CHN got sucked in (not the 4 players around the ruck they were just lazy at marker instead of getting properly in the line).

Wakeham was close enough to smell the bloke and had a clear one on one shot and did nothing. Don’t be what you claim others on here are, he missed a tackle full stop.

Would you prefer me to single out every poster instead then?

Lol @ your explanation, ridiculous.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Heat of the moment call and he chose to hold his line

It wasn’t as blatant as Lewis missing two front on tackles to no names but net result it ended in a try
Heat of the moment? What tackling someone that is in front of you with the ball under his arm..

And Lewis missed tackles have what to do with Wakeham and this try?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you prefer me to single out every poster instead then?

Lol @ your explanation, ridiculous.
Lol ridiculous? No probs, I will simply ignore your crap then if that is the quality of your response. You do a lot of jibbering mate but clearly not a lot of listening when you talk to anyone..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

If Wakeham goes in on ball runner he just would have been drawn in and Williams passes to Frawley or the lead runner for a try.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Wakeham goes in on ball runner he just would have been drawn in and Williams passes to Frawley or the lead runner for a try.
No argument at all Spoonman84, would most likely have been a try anyway. But, Wakeham would have had a completed tackle to his name and being Frawley there was no guarantee the spud would have caught it..

Play what’s in front of you they reckon. At least when I pretended to play that’s we were told.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s leave the excuses and hypotheticals out and answer the question at hand.

Who was Wakeham marking?

It was the bloke who ran past him and scored the try was it not?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No argument at all Spoonman84, would most likely have been a try anyway. But, Wakeham would have had a completed tackle to his name and being Frawley there was no guarantee the spud would have caught it..

Play what’s in front of you they reckon. At least when I pretended to play that’s we were told.
They had us completely striped for numbers I think they score 9/10. Is it possible to stop it? Yes but you need to be pretty lucky and Wakeham would either have to pull off a ball and all tackle on Williams or he might have been hoping to hold off and knock the pass down.

Defending in trials is even harder then normal there’s no combinations and players aren’t familiar with each other. Wakeham is never going to be a stand out defender and that’s why it’s important him or Cogger if he’s there get help. As long as they get their body in front that’s all you can ask.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Worth the risk knowing Frawley - he would’ve cocked it up somehow :-).