Chris Smith Injury

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Still not confirmed? So there's still the slight possibility it isn't that bad.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By all reports a really nice guy. He tries his heart out every week for us.

Feel for him, hopefully not as bad as reported.

Team wise he wasn't going to see FG this year except in an injury crisis so will not affect our line up.

Speedy recovery Chris.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely gutted for him. He cops a lot of flack but I rate him as a solid forward who can play his role wherever needed. Middle or edge and even filled in in the centres without any issues (2018 NSW Cup he floated all over the shop). Looked impressive in the ASG as well. Really unfortunate.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not surprising really he has a long history of knee injuries well before he came to us, nearly every time he was tackled last year he’d be grabbing at his knee I was always half expecting him to go off

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I reckon it was a careless tackle from that gangly bonehead Proctor. No need to crumple and twist Smith. Probably some new tactic he learnt from Storm wrestling coach. That wasn't a league tackle.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Looked a classic ACL twist. I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Having one cleared is better than none. So one from 2 ain’t bad , but Smith is wished a very speedy recovery. Good luck champ..!!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon it was a careless tackle from that gangly bonehead Proctor. No need to crumple and twist Smith. Probably some new tactic he learnt from Storm wrestling coach. That wasn't a league tackle.
That was pretty much my thought seeing it live. If you want to injure someones knee, that is the way to do it. I'm sure he didn't do it out of any malice, but "bonehead" is probably a good adjective for him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not sold on DWZ being clear of injury, I don't think he has been right since Nathan Brown illegally took him out last season. I think he is playing with complaints, but he is such a tough and dedicated bloke he keeps pushing on. I hope I'm wrong.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having one cleared is better than none. So one from 2 ain’t bad , but Smith is wished a very speedy recovery. Good luck champ..!!
The main one is cleared that's the main thing. Smith should ad is just depth. Not saying I want injuries, just we can cover Smith being out.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris Smith
Chris suffered a complete tear of the medial ligament in his knee and a partial tear of the anterior cruciate ligament. He will undergo surgery later this week.

An assessment of his recovery period will be made after the surgery but he will miss a minimum of 12 weeks.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/24/chris-smith-and-dwz-injury-update/
Probably as good as you could hope for. Partial ACL tears are generally just rest and recover with high intensity physio and what not. Obviously that depends on how partial the tear is but in feral that's the case.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That was pretty much my thought seeing it live. If you want to injure someones knee, that is the way to do it. I'm sure he didn't do it out of any malice, but "bonehead" is probably a good adjective for him.
Storm call it the "steer wrestler" tackle

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's really bad luck for him but a good result with it only being 3 months.
The issue for players like Chris Smith is that he is not a walk up start to first grade when he returns from injury. He needs to be playing to keep his spot in the 17.
I'm a fan of non-nonsense players like him. Every club needs them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's really bad luck for him but a good result with it only being 3 months.
The issue for players like Chris Smith is that he is not a walk up start to first grade when he returns from injury. He needs to be playing to keep his spot in the 17.
I'm a fan of non-nonsense players like him. Every club needs them.
How many do we need though? There's defenitely a spot for them in the squad but we just have too many of them ATM imo.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many do we need though? There's defenitely a spot for them in the squad but we just have too many of them ATM imo.
This is one of the biggest reasons we are where we are. As soon as we limit our "honest toiler" type of players in our 17, the more we'll improve