Chris Smith Injury

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Devastating. Poor bloke...

It's a shame he was re-signed before this injury though... Do we get further compensation for his deal with this being a rep game injury?

So that's another 250k or so that could be used on a 2nd rower and we get a squad spot back?

That's 600k worth of cap relief all up. You should be able to combine it. Even then it barely adds up to half of Foran's salary. This stupid rule they've set up is so restrictive it makes it extremely difficult to use the minimal compensation they begrudgingly give you.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Feel for the guy big time, but not a loss at all, in fact its a positive because its gives guys like Ogden and Toomaga more chance of getting chosen

We should use the money we have anf bring over Alex Walmsley from St Helens, he is a huge beast!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Feel for the guy big time, but not a loss at all, in fact its a positive because its gives guys like Ogden and Toomaga more chance of getting chosen

We should use the money we have anf bring over Alex Walmsley from St Helens, he is a huge beast!!
Unfortunately it probably just means more minutes for Tolman and Elliott.

Hopefully Renouf, Ogden and Britt get more opportunity as a result.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The compensation is probably a even smaller percentage of Smith's contract. He would have already been paid 4 months of the deal so you'd have to take that off then what ever bullshit stipulation the NRL will probably throw in.

We probably wouldn't have that much money to work with. I wouldn't mind if they bring in Doorey to the top 30 and put Topine on a development contract.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The compensation is probably a even smaller percentage of Smith's contract. He would have already been paid 4 months of the deal so you'd have to take that off then what ever bullshit stipulation the NRL will probably throw in.

We probably wouldn't have that much money to work with. I wouldn't mind if they bring in Doorey to the top 30 and put Topine on a development contract.
It really is a joke. Every club should band together and say they won't release their players for any future rep fixtures until they properly address the compensation rules.

The NRL would be forced to change the policy within weeks. Until the clubs threaten serious action like this, nothing will change..

Unless it happened to Tedesco, Haas or Cook. Then it would be changed instantaneously.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately it probably just means more minutes for Tolman and Elliott.

Hopefully Renouf, Ogden and Britt get more opportunity as a result.
You're 100% right but i was trying to be positive .. lol

One can dream

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It really is a joke. Every club should band together and say they won't release their players for any future rep fixtures until they properly address the compensation rules.

The NRL would be forced to change the policy within weeks. Until the clubs threaten serious action like this, nothing will change..

Unless it happened to Tedesco, Haas or Cook. Then it would be changed instantaneously.
I don't understand how it is even a problem so many sporting competitions around the world have a injury replacement systems in their leagues yet the NRL can't or won't do it.

The NRL never cease to amaze me how they can make simple solutions so convoluted and confusing.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Poor bloke, whether you like him or value him aside. Never a good thing to happen.

Now need to see what the NRL do here, see what total $ we get now. See what we as the Dogs come up with, either promote or see what else is out there.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is where the NRLs up to $350k policy would be a Pro. His whole salary would be refunded into our cap (less whatever he’s been paid to date for the year, or November, whenever it starts).

Still think it’s should be % based

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Awful news.

Finished last year strongly and was on fire last night before the injury struck. Was looking forward to seeing his progression this year. Real shame.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Poor fella, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree that's pretty low act laughing at someones terrible misfortunes.

He may not be my first choice, but I can only respect a man that bust his ass for the club..
It’s a disgrace in my opinion. I wouldn’t wish injury on anyone especially a serious one like that

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was having a really good game too. Unlucky