Opinion 2020 jersey

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But don't you then still have the same problem?
You design and manufacture a completed V - and then a sponsor comes along and you don't just stick a logo over the end of the V, you likely have to cut the V and manufacture again...
One of the reasons why KIA was such a lucrative sponsorship is we gave the most real estate on the jersey any club had ever previously given (or so I was told).
So if I (very) begrudgingly give the previous administration any credit - it might be related to this.
Errr, couldn’t they put the sponsors logo below the completed V? It’d be less an inch lower.

Thus have completed V on a blank front for interim, then minimal work adding sponsor later.

Am I missing something?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would like to say something constructive about the jersey, so....

giphy (1).gif

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Errr, couldn’t they put the sponsors logo below the completed V? It’d be less an inch lower.

Thus have completed V on a blank front for interim, then minimal work adding sponsor later.

Am I missing something?
Don’t think you’re missing anything mate - just that the KIA deal was the precedent in terms of jersey real estate and attached dollars and I get the feeling they’re tying to repeat that and that’s likely the reason for not completing the V.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Am I missing something?
it would be pretty much sitting on the centre of the navel at that point and would look very comical

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it would be pretty much sitting on the centre of the navel at that point and would look very comical
Depends on the logo I guess. KIA looked shit with their big red bullseye even with the V cut off, and it looks shit now being blank.

I’m sure the club has it in hand and will land a big fish, just in time...

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you honestly saying that 97 jersey looks good?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends on the logo I guess. KIA looked shit with their big red bullseye even with the V cut off, and it looks shit now being blank.

I’m sure the club has it in hand and will land a big fish, just in time...
the appearance of the logo won't matter if the location looks funny... my only beef with the Kia logo was the red.. they appear to be using what looks like a matt black or something for the Broncos, but don't think that would have looked good on our jersey

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
the appearance of the logo won't matter if the location looks funny... my only beef with the Kia logo was the red.. they appear to be using what looks like a matt black or something for the Broncos, but don't think that would have looked good on our jersey
Given the Ponies colours red would never work - you'd barely see it.
Most companies have a colour and monochrome version of their logos in their brand kit.
Red being their main colour I'd say they lobbied hard to retain on Dogs jerseys. I agree I'd much prefer a logo containing shades of Blue and/or black, maybe grey.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Last jersey I loved is the one I wear now.

It's the Jaycar one with a blue V and a black body. Plus I haven't seen anyone else wear one tbh.

But the best every jersey was the 3 quarter sleeve Hyundai one with a collar.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given the Ponies colours red would never work - you'd barely see it.
Most companies have a colour and monochrome version of their logos in their brand kit.
Red being their main colour I'd say they lobbied hard to retain on Dogs jerseys. I agree I'd much prefer a logo containing shades of Blue and/or black, maybe grey.

yep.. I think they do use a grey/silver on the rare occasion but it would not have stood out on our jersey/ would have defeated the purpose

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Classic also make the retro jersey that looks far better imo...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
yep.. I think they do use a grey/silver on the rare occasion but it would not have stood out on our jersey/ would have defeated the purpose
Agree, especially when they paid the premium, they’d want the main logo and as much as I didn’t like the red - deserve it.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree, especially when they paid the premium, they’d want the main logo and as much as I didn’t like the red - deserve it.
the main thing is, that it wasn't an eyesore... like that ugly ass Brydens Lawyers logo, or TFH, or "neds", among others

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last jersey I loved is the one I wear now.

It's the Jaycar one with a blue V and a black body. Plus I haven't seen anyone else wear one tbh.

But the best every jersey was the 3 quarter sleeve Hyundai one with a collar.
Picked up this on EBay a few years ago for $60 I don’t think I’ll ever buy another jersey.
00849778-4B09-4698-847C-D087D4324539.jpeg

TheThird

Banned
Reaction score
They weren’t discussing the design they were discussing costs. And btw our jersey isn’t our brand you noob. And brands aren’t visual.
Why so rude?

C'mon show us this award winning logo.
Where did I assert it was award winning?
Please do not put words in my mouth.

Sorry about the rating, my finger must’ve slipped as I scrolled.

Though in all seriousness my partners business needs a new logo designed, so would you be able to showcase some of your work? I assume you’ve got a website if you’re catering to a global market. Let’s connect.
Sorry, I work in a different industry these days.
Point was to illustrate I've experience in that sector, not to harvest for clients/self promote.
Typically only disingenuous queries are made in a public manner, and your weird behaviour towards me suggests that you would be a nightmare client to work for if I was inclined to visit my past to help out a fellow supporter, ao that is a no upon two fronts.