Sydney CBD climate protest attracts over 30,000 people

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
To the leftists, activists, communists, alarmists, uneducated, terrorists, fearmongering kennalists, let me educate you on what science is and isn't.

Your appeals to authority expose your imbecility and your illiteracy in science. What use have presented over the last few weeks has absolutely nothing to do with science.

Here's a reality check.

A layman friendly description as to why CO2 follows the temperature, and thus why humans can never ever cause climate change: The sun is still the main driver of climate.

Here's why: As soon as the sun shines over the earth, temperatures rise. After that CO2 levels increase. Why is that? That's quite simple. CO2 is more soluble in cold water than in hot. As soon as the earth becomes naturally warm, CO2 subsequently emerges from the oceans and the soil and thus accumulates in the atmosphere. When it becomes dark again, temperatures drop and then the oceans and the soil take up the CO2 again (in a staggered interval off course).

If CO2 was the main driver, temperatures would increase in an endless and unbridled fashion. That was never the case and it never will be. Not ever.

Besides, the CO2 that is in the atmosphere has almost reached its saturation point when it comes to the absorbability of light. CO2 is only capable of absorbing its favourite wavelengths of light.

Absorbability is limited. CO2 only manages to grab a little bit more light from wavelengths that are close to its favourite bands. However, it can't do much more, due to the fact that there aren't many left-over photons of the desired wavelength. This so-called warming effect has reached its peak.

Adding more CO2 doesn't have an effect at all. It's just like a sponge, which in practice will obviously never ever be able to absorb unlimited amounts of fluid
Most of that is very inaccurate. For example, CO2 saturation limit could only happen if CO2 only absorbed IR from the earth. But it doesn't, it also emits IR and absorbs IR from other CO2. Higher concentrations of CO2 leads to a thicker blanket effect where IR has more difficulty escaping earth's atmosphere. This is basic physics.

I would go into detail but it would be pointless explaining it to someone who doesn't want to learn. So here's a random link

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/great-energy-challenge/2010/climate-change-myth/

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Not the folks that coordinate the burns. Fire management officers have gone from 36 down to 10 over the last decade, statewide.
As it is don’t you think it’s ironic?
Australia has always had bush fires and will continue to do so so why reduce back burning?
There is something behind all this but I won’t get into it.
You know and I know and most of Australia knows bushfires are a part Of life in Australia why cut cost on that?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To read of Green/left activists celebrating as bushfire destroyed the Eden Woodchip Mill tells you everything about their mentality.

Firstly, it’s their self-centred selfishness. The 70 people that worked in the mill and another 600 in local forestry industry are all without a job. The economic effects throughout all businesses in the local town will be devastating, causing great hardship. Yet the green activists celebrate.

Secondly, it’s their ignorance. It’s likely that most of these green/left activists are reliant upon money from the Government in one way or another. They are so clueless, they don’t understand that they are cheering the destruction of productive assets and trying to close down industries which create the very same wealth that funds their lifestyles.

Thirdly, is their counterproductive stupidity. If they are really concerned about Co2 emissions they should be supporting the forestry industry. When a tree is harvested (and a new tree planted) and the wood used in building or industry the Co2 is sequestered in the wood product. (Unless the wood is burnt in the UK to generate electricity as part of a con to artificially inflate their ‘renewables’ numbers). And the new tree planted absorbs Co2 as it grows (Yes, Co2 is a plant food)

Alternatively, they sit back and watch as the forest is incinerated, the timber that could have sequestered the Co2 if it had been harvested, instead goes up in flames and the Co2 is emitted. And thirdly, is their influence on governments with the madness of the Victorian Labor government, bowing to these activists demands by planning to shutting their States forest industry, costing the state billions each year - and which will only ensuring that future bushfires will be even more intense with more fuel to burn.
Are you going to show the same level of disgust at Barnaby Joyce saying two people deserved to die because they voted for the greens?

Or do you only care when buildings burn down?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Most of that is very inaccurate. For example, CO2 saturation limit could only happen if CO2 only absorbed IR from the earth. But it doesn't, it also emits IR and absorbs IR from other CO2. Higher concentrations of CO2 leads to a thicker blanket effect where IR has more difficulty escaping earth's atmosphere. This is basic physics.

I would go into detail but it would be pointless explaining it to someone who doesn't want to learn. So here's a random link

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/great-energy-challenge/2010/climate-change-myth/
Have you got that in a YouTube video or pictorgraph of meme?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would like to point out that I've shared links from the leading Australian scientific academy. From the CSIRO, Australia's leading scientific organisation. From the leading scientific journals. And people are saying that these aren't real science sources.

So let me know. If these aren't real science sources, what are? Randoms on the Kennel? YouTube? Facebook?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Australia has always had bush fires and will continue to do so so why reduce back burning?
You know and I know and most of Australia knows bushfires are a part Of life in Australia why cut cost on that?
Because the ideology is surpluses are more important

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Budget cuts to rfs and national park rangers.

And we actually had record hazard reduction burnings before the bushfires.
Usually back burning is done in the cooler temperatures and all year round. we have been in a drought which makes more sense for the record.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah it is absolute stupidity. What's your theory on why it happened?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Usually back burning is done in the cooler temperatures and all year round. we have been in a drought which makes more sense for the record.
And lastly bro you being Muslim and a bulldogs supporter should know this more than others. News Ltd pushes the most bullshit lies about muslims or bulldogs, they're the only media organization in australia pushing this blame the greens shit. Can you trust them?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Shane fitzsimmons has basically come out and said this. Their window for hazard reduction has grown smaller and even when that window was open it still wasnt safe.

By the way these "deliberate fires" statistics would also apply if they did hazard reduction burns and it got out of control. It doesn't necessarily mean arsonists.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
And lastly bro you being Muslim and a bulldogs supporter should know this more than others. News Ltd pushes the most bullshit lies about muslims or bulldogs, they're the only media organization in australia pushing this blame the greens shit. Can you trust them?
I don’t trust most media especially News limited but the greens have some ridiculous policies that blows your mind.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t trust most media especially News limited but the greens have some ridiculous policies that blows your mind.
Do they? Such as what? They actually have a hazard reduction burning policy and have had for years

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Shane fitzsimmons has basically come out and said this. Their window for hazard reduction has grown smaller and even when that window was open it still wasnt safe.

By the way these "deliberate fires" statistics would also apply if they did hazard reduction burns and it got out of control. It doesn't necessarily mean arsonists.
Yeah this year is a bad one, and we will continue to get bad bushfires in the future nothing will change that.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would like to point out that I've shared links from the leading Australian scientific academy. From the CSIRO, Australia's leading scientific organisation. From the leading scientific journals. And people are saying that these aren't real science sources.

So let me know. If these aren't real science sources, what are? Randoms on the Kennel? YouTube? Facebook?
CSIRO must be getting there sugar mixes wrong....

Best you lay off them buddy

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
30,000 ppl willing to give up their time for a futile protest offering no realistic solutions. If 10% of these nuffies had volunteered their time to say, fight the bushfires or with the aftermath, how good would that be?

Last edited: