Did Iran do it?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
How did this all start?
Why does that matter? The USA can speak non specifically about intelligence of planned attacks as much as it likes.....the reality is, this action certainly won't improve matters between the two countries. Trump said himself he did this to stop a war, not start one....let's see how that plan works out.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why does that matter? The USA can speak non specifically about intelligence of planned attacks as much as it likes.....the reality is, this action certainly won't improve matters between the two countries. Trump said himself he did this to stop a war, not start one....let's see how that plan works out.
Oh ok. I thought you must know the facts based on the way you wholly blamed Trump.

Can anyone answer me factually? I’d especially like to know the point of view if anyone is from Iran or still have family there. I like to have knowledge on both sides to form my opinion

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Oh ok. I thought you must know the facts based on the way you wholly blamed Trump.

Can anyone answer me factually? I’d especially like to know the point of view if anyone is from Iran or still have family there. I like to have knowledge on both sides to form my opinion
I didn't fully blame Trump for the conflict, I blamed him for escalating the conflict with a move that was only ever going to provoke an aggressive response and saying he did it for the sake of preventing war. As far as who is to blame for the conflict, "facts" surrounding such questions are always open to interpretation. Tensions have existed between the two countries for a very long time and both sides have done things to inflame the situation. All I know for sure is this was never going to calm the situation down or prevent conflict and US authorities have been very vague about the intel they say justifies the strike.

And be honest, you wren't looking for explanations from me.....if you were, you wouldn't have rated my comment funny before asking for my reasons behind making it....lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I didn't fully blame Trump for the conflict, I blamed him for escalating the conflict with a move that was only ever going to provoke an aggressive response and saying he did it for the sake of preventing war. As far as who is to blame for the conflict, "facts" surrounding such questions are always open to interpretation. Tensions have existed between the two countries for a very long time and both sides have done things to inflame the situation. All I know for sure is this was never going to calm the situation down or prevent conflict and US authorities have been very vague about the intel they say justifies the strike.

And be honest, you wren't looking for explanations from me.....if you were, you wouldn't have rated my comment funny before asking for my reasons behind making it....lol
I rated it funny because you just assumed without knowledge. My rating is even more justified. Authorities being vague about intel, who would’ve thought

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I rated it funny because you just assumed without knowledge. My rating is even more justified. Authorities being vague about intel, who would’ve thought
Trump said he ordered the strikes to avoid conflict....Iran is now firing rockets at US troops.....he hasn't avoided conflict, he has escalated it.....what more knowledge do I need? This also takes Iran's agreement to freeze its nuclear program off the table, so it's pretty safe to say the potential risks of this move far outweigh the benefits. It was not just what was gioven to the media which was non specific, but also the intel gathered by authorities according to this quote by the US Chairman of Joint Chiefs - "Did it exactly say who, what, when, where? No. But he was planning, coordinating and synchronizing significant combat operations against US military forces in the region, and it was imminent."

Now please leave me alone. I don't have the time or inclination to engage in a snark war with you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Trump said he ordered the strikes to avoid conflict....Iran is now firing rockets at US troops.....he hasn't avoided conflict, he has escalated it.....what more knowledge do I need? This also takes Iran's agreement to freeze its nuclear program off the table, so it's pretty safe to say the potential risks of this move far outweigh the benefits. Now please leave me alone. I don't have the time or inclination to engage in a snark war with you.
It’s not a snark war unless you make it one. Please explain yourself better before making blanket statements without knowledge. Who knows how it started, what the intel was or what the assassination prevented

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s not a snark war unless you make it one. Please explain yourself better before making blanket statements without knowledge. Who knows how it started, what the intel was or what the assassination prevented
I've explained myself and my opinion pretty clearly. Now give it a rest.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How did this all start?
The killing of Iran's top general won't stop a war. The US and Iran have already been fighting for more than 40 years

US President Donald Trump says he ordered the assassination on Friday of Iran's top general, Qasem Soleimani, "to stop a war." But that's simply not true.

Rather than stop a war, Trump just called Tehran's bluff and wagered all in with the single most daring American act in a conflict that's been raging for years.

No American president has ever taken the fight to Tehran like this. It's bold. It's provocative.

And it could set the Middle East aflame -- but it is most definitely not stopping a war.

The coffins containing Qasem Soleimani and others killed in the US drone strike are carried in the city of Mashhad, Iran on Sunday.

A decades-long war

Why? Because the war between the United States of America and Iran has been underway for more than 40 years.

None of this is a secret. It's just that most Americans don't know they've been at war with Iran.

It's been out of their sight and, so, out of their minds.

Friday's drone strike that took out Soleimani is but merely one more bump on a well-worn, long, and winding road of a conflict that's been killing people for generations.

It is a war with an origin story that dates all the way back to 1953. That's when the Iranians believe America truly picked this fight.

For, in 1953, the US staged a coup d'etat in Iran to take down a popular, secular and nationalist prime minister, only to put an indulgent monarch, known as the Shah, in charge.

It's that American coup that led to the 1979 revolution that placed an ayatollah on the throne and the rule of the mullahs still in power today. The very same mullahs that the now-dead General Soleimani served.

When the Iranians revolted against the Shah, they overran the US Embassy in Tehran, taking dozens of American diplomats and Marines hostage, parading them on international television, as seen in the 2012 Hollywood movie "Argo."

That is when this war began. Not with this week's drone strike.

In 1983, Iran blew up a Marine barracks at the US Embassy in Beirut, killing dozens.

President Ronald Reagan abandoned Lebanonand it appeared Iran had chased the US out of the region.

That same year an Iraqi man called Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis car-bombed the US Embassy in Kuwait.

Though he escaped, with Iran's help, he was sentenced to death in absentia in Kuwait for the bombing. It's believed he then went on to help hijack passenger planes.

Western intelligence agencies also accuse him of involvement in the hijacking of a Kuwaiti airliner in 1984 and the attempted assassination of a Kuwaiti prince.

Do you want to know who was in the same convoy as General Soleimani on Friday when that drone missile struck? It was that same car-bomber, al-Muhandis.

Al-Muhandis, also known as Jamal Jafaar Mohammed, was twice elected to the democratic Iraqi Parliament the US created after the fall of the dictator Saddam Hussein.

He was Soleimani's number one man in Iraq. In Parliament. Right under the noses of the US military.

It was CNN who revealed al-Muhandis' identity. At first, an unwitting US government did not believe CNN.

But when the US government checked, and confirmed the bomber of their embassy was, in fact, in parliament, al-Muhandis fled Baghdad for the border crossing to Iran.

Al-Muhandis was there to greet Soleimani on Friday at Baghdad airport in Iraq -- a country the Iranian general virtually ran and controlled.

Soleimani's plane had just landed and he was with al-Muhandis in the convoy leaving the airport when the drone struck, killing them both.

A killer, but not a terrorist

Make no mistake, Soleimani was a killer. A calculating, patient, sophisticated killer. He was, most surely, plotting the deaths of many Americans.
But, despite what President Trump says, he was no terrorist. He sponsored them. He trained them. He armed them. But Soleimani was a military man to his bootstraps.

He fought in the horror of the 1980s Iran-Iraq war. The modern world's version of World War I; chemical gas attacks, suicidal human wave assaults, and a bloodletting we should hope the world never sees again.

Soleimani rose up the ranks of the military until he came to head, arguably, the most elite special forces outfit in the region, if not the world, called the Quds Force, which translates as the Jerusalem Force.
Iran has two armies, navies and air forces. One, to protect the country. The other, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Force (IRGC), to protect the country's religious revolution.
And among the IRGC the Quds are the elite of the elite. Its members speak multiple languages.

They are spies, soldiers and technical experts. In Western terms, they are a hybrid of Green Berets, SAS commandos and Delta Force operators all fused into one.
And Soleimani was their commander. For more than 20 years.
And he ran rings around all of us: Americans, Arabs, Israelis, Brits.
Let us be very, very clear: this man was opposed to America and absolutely everything it stands for.
He ached to destroy Israel itself, to take it out of existence, and he was opposed to the current balance of power in the Middle East.
His entire life was devoted to bringing all of it, and us, down.
If you doubt Soleimani's significance, his very assassination should tell you differently.
Washington understood his value, that is why President Trump ordered the drone strike.
Soleimani did more to shape then re-shape the region than any king or prince or sultan or president or prime minister.
The man, quite simply, was a force of history.
He just wasn't on our side.
Will his assassination alter Iran's strategic ambitions? No.
Will it slow them down? Maybe.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Shit me dead. Iran have just launched a second wave of attacks. How stupid are they???

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So it seems these were just warning shots from Iran as no US personnel were injured (Iraqi's were hit).

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why do these disasters always seem to happen in off season?

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently out of the 15 rockets launched 4 failed in flight. Thats a 25% odd failure rate. Thats pretty bad

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So it seems these were just warning shots from Iran as no US personnel were injured (Iraqi's were hit).
Warning shots that hit someone else?
It just sounds like they missed haha

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Warning shots that hit someone else?
It just sounds like they missed haha
Iran came out with a statement, pretty quickly, after the missiles that the ball is now in Trumps court and not to escalate any further.

To me that suggests they don't want an escalation but had to send warning shots,hence I think it's on purpose that they avoided any US personnel in that area

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
he was no terrorist. He sponsored them. He trained them. He armed them.
this was an interesting read but this particular line contradicts itself so much I don't know what to say.

It claims Solemaini is no Terrorist but in the same breath says that he sponsored terrorists, trained terrorists and armed terrorists.

You don't need to have much of a brain to realise that would make you a terrorist.