News Diamond Dogs! Canterbury set to launch $14 million bid for Turbo twins and David Fifita

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What does the club do with Foran? We clearly need a quality half. But market is limited. 1-2 year deal at 600K?
Two years 500-600k. One would be ideal but would Foran sign off on it?

We're actually relying on Foran a lot considering what is on the market - he could use that to his advantage.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forans body is more trashed than GI, Boyd and Burgess combined, and you guys reckon the likes of Anderson, Hughes & Dunn are going to give him an extension?
Yeh, ok

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What does the club do with Foran? We clearly need a quality half. But market is limited. 1-2 year deal at 600K?
I'm happy with Cogger Wakeham and Lewis over the next few seasons.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two years 500-600k. One would be ideal but would Foran sign off on it?

We're actually relying on Foran a lot considering what is on the market - he could use that to his advantage.
I think the club would realise 600K would be an insult. He's getting 1.2M in 2020. He's still our best attacking player even with limited games. Try assists last year were 10 from 14 games. Next closest was Hopa with 9 but that was from 24 games. Foran still looks very dangerous on the opposition tryline. He's always looking to create something and can read a defence weakness on the run. Let's not go back to Desball type tactics where we pass it to mainly forwards for one out runs in the opposition 20 with no clue or plan of what to do with the ball then turn it over on the 6th without a kick even usually. I'd rather pay Foran 750K a season for 14 games a season than go back to that f..king shit. Will just hope those 14 games include finals because with him in a final we're a much bigger chance than without. Until we can sign someone BETTER and less injury prone in the halves we need to keep him as great halves are far and few between at the moment.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we should see how KF is going after round 10 and then make a call.. I would love for him to stay healthy and play another 2 seasons with us but I think if he was a mare running at Randwick he would be a 33/1 given his recent medical and mental issues. I also doubt there are many clubs out there with $1m cheques waiting to sign him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He needs to be able to get on the field for at least 20 games next year in order to earn another contract imo.

He currently averages just 12 games per season since joining us. If he continues in a similar vein then he’s not worth a new contract at any price.
Unfortunately this is the first spot on post I’ve felt from you with no agenda.

Foran is a good player, great at times as in top tier half.

Though can’t have that on mega $ and sitting so much.

If he wants 200-300k worth it as depth can cover if he’s not eating so much cap!

Not 500k+

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read Parra are offering Mitchell a 10 year contract at 1.1M a season. If we fail to get 1 or more out of Mitchell, the Turbos or Fifita I'm gonna be f..king spewing at the board and Andrew Hill. I'll be spewing also if the only one we land is Jake Turbo. We should have expressed interest in Sivo and made them pay much more to retain him

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think the club would realise 600K would be an insult. He's getting 1.2M in 2020. He's still our best attacking player even with limited games. Try assists last year were 10 from 14 games. Next closest was Hopa with 9 but that was from 24 games. Foran still looks very dangerous on the opposition tryline. He's always looking to create something and can read a defence weakness on the run. Let's not go back to Desball type tactics where we pass it to mainly forwards for one out runs in the opposition 20 with no clue or plan of what to do with the ball then turn it over on the 6th without a kick even usually. I'd rather pay Foran 750K a season for 14 games a season than go back to that f..king shit. Will just hope those 14 games include finals because with him in a final we're a much bigger chance than without. Until we can sign someone BETTER and less injury prone in the halves we need to keep him as great halves are far and few between at the moment.
If Foran was fit for the majority of the season he's a 1m player. Unfortunately he struggles to play half a season. Not only that it affects combinations across the field with a lot of players. That is going to create inconsistency. I think 500-600k is a very fair offer personally. We're going to need to use more salary cap then we'd like to have a suitable back up (Cogger for e.g.) as they'd rather go somewhere else for an opportunity if it arises if they're on or near minimum wage.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I just read Parra are offering Mitchell a 10 year contract at 1.1M a season. If we fail to get 1 or more out of Mitchell, the Turbos or Fifita I'm gonna be f..king spewing at the board and Andrew Hill. I'll be spewing also if the only one we land is Jake Turbo. We should have expressed interest in Sivo and made them pay much more to retain him
The Eels already have a stacked team. I even thought this when they got the Spoon. I'm not sure how they keep finding room in the salary cap. I personally don't believe that rumour. The Eels are one of my most hated teams and I love Latrell so if they got him I'd be devastated.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People mention DWZ as a winger. He will not play wing. He came here mainly so he can play fullback.
If Hoppa is still here, put him on the wing.
You are wrong. He will play anywhere needed in the back line.

Don't know where you're spinning this bullshit from.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are wrong. He will play anywhere needed in the back line.

Don't know where you're spinning this bullshit from.
It was a big part of the reason he joined us instead of the Eels.

The problems with DWZ at Panthers also started (could be a coincidence) when they moved him from Fullback and were shuffling him around the back line.

DWZ has come out and said he'll play wherever needed (that the Fullback rumour wasn't true) but that's standard responses to media. We really don't know if that's the truth or not.

Banned
Reaction score
Wondering if it's worth front ending contracts for a few of the younger promising players, and see how those in CCup etc develop over the next year.
May find we've the required depth already developing, yet just have to exercise patience.
How man junior rep's do we have?
We just signed a half from the Eels iirc as well to play in the juniors.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It was a big part of the reason he joined us instead of the Eels.

The problems with DWZ at Panthers also started (could be a coincidence) when they moved him from Fullback and were shuffling him around the back line.

DWZ has come out and said he'll play wherever needed (that the Fullback rumour wasn't true) but that's standard responses to media. We really don't know if that's the truth or not.
Yeah well I don't reference the media, I've said many times that my brother works with his brother and are close.

He prefers to play fullback but will not sook about playing anywhere else. He loves the club and loves us fans.

Banned
Reaction score
His brother the one that is yet to resign with the panthers?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't resign foran...full stop...his body is falling apart..time to look to the future

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You better get your barf bag ready then coz turbos just re-signed with manly long term. The same thing will happen with Mitchell and fifita.

Its good that pretending to be available pumped up their prices. It will stop the clubs buying more players. Except roosters of course.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest bodys im hopeing step up for forwards
Need to see something in 2020
Devontai Semuamatafa
Daniel Sakisi
Beni Teaupa

We look very good on forwards for future save some money

Sign a backline of

Ponga
Addo Carr
Mitchell
Dwz
Reimis
Averillo / Wakeham
Lewis

Wakeham / Jmk

just sign the 3 above and let the gooseys loose

Could we also sign Jordan Mailata down the track? That would be a dream haha we would be set his like 3 forwards with speed
offer him
A very big kebab with money inside

Banned
Reaction score
Biggest bodys im hopeing step up for forwards
Need to see something in 2020
Devontai Semuamatafa
Daniel Sakisi
Beni Teaupa

We look very good on forwards for future save some money

Sign a backline of

Ponga
Addo Carr
Mitchell
Dwz
Reimis
Averillo / Wakeham
Lewis

Wakeham / Jmk

just sign the 3 above and let the gooseys loose

Could we also sign Jordan Mailata down the track? That would be a dream haha we would be set his like 3 forwards with speed
offer him
A very big kebab with money inside
Say it after me, WAKEHAM IS NOT A HOOKER!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if has been mentioned, but with Manly re-signing their top line players esp the Turbo brothers, we should have a crack at their youngest brother. Supposedly a gun player....