SBW secret hand shake to play for bulldogs in 2020

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was dirty for SBW leaving and equally so when Omeley and Mason left.

Mind you, not all left on the right terms, but in our eyes, they are Bulldogs and formed the most powerful forward pack in league history.

SBW considered guys like Mason a role Model and when he walked out, it made it fairly easy for SBW to follow suit shortly after.

I would absolutely be in favour of SBW to return, something of a home coming, poetic justice to some degree, but more importantly, he can give back by installing belief and professionalism to the playing group. I think he will bring the best out of the guys around him and will most certainly attract players/sponsors.

If we don’t get him on-board, we lose nothing, that money can go towards further rebuilding but it would be a nice to have in my opinion.

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the club does the right thing. If we are actually the family club.
The club should ask hazem, bobcat ect. Every player from 2008 squad if they would be comfortable with the situation before even talking to sonny in my opinion.
Maybe they already did who knows.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck $BW and the horse that he rode in on.. He then later deserted that horse on the side of the road to leave for dead, just like he did our club and his teammates.

I'd have a hard time supporting a player that shat on the club so blatantly, even if it is a decade later.
UNderstand that mate, and totally agree that it'd difficult supporting a player that f*cked our club over so badly.

But, judging from what I've seen of you on here, I think that if he were to come back you'd support him and the club no less than you're supporting the club now. Whoever comes through the doors of our club I can only see you supporting. Or am I wrong? Of course, maybe you're not happy about it but ... :grinning:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
UNderstand that mate, and totally agree that it'd difficult supporting a player that f*cked our club over so badly.

But, judging from what I've seen of you on here, I think that if he were to come back you'd support him and the club no less than you're supporting the club now. Whoever comes through the doors of our club I can only see you supporting. Or am I wrong? Of course, maybe you're not happy about it but ... :grinning:
Haha. Well yeah, I said I would have a hard time supporting him but we wouldn't have a choice and ultimately you still support whoever runs out there.

We all had to try and come to terms with supporting guys like Woods, She Rex and even Napa despite the fact that some of us never liked or rated those players.

It would be like if we signed Matt Lodge, Dugan, Ferguson or Mitch Moses or some other clown most of us despise. You'd feel wrong about it but you'd have to support them once they were part of the team no matter how much you hate the signing...

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
SBW made his name on the back of his shoulder charges. They are banned now, so more than half of his game is gone.
Also his body is getting older and he is more fragile. He is better suited to Union where his work rate is considerably lower.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha. Well yeah, I said I would have a hard time supporting him but we wouldn't have a choice and ultimately you still support whoever runs out there.

We all had to try and come to terms with supporting guys like Woods, She Rex and even Napa despite the fact that some of us never liked or rated those players.

It would be like if we signed Matt Lodge, Dugan, Ferguson or Mitch Moses or some other clown most of us despise. You'd feel wrong about it but you'd have to support them once they were part of the team no matter how much you hate the signing...
I had a much harder time supporting She-Rex than anyone in a while if I'm honest as I never truly felt he believed in or worked for the Blue & White. He was never here mentally imo. And that goes with a few players that have come across.

If SBW were to come back. And that's a BIG if ... I truly have no doubt he'd be here to make amends in some way, as he could go in so many other directions than the Dogs and make more money / fame imo. So I truly believe he'd be here to give his all and that'd big a MASSIVE plus for our team. HE would put in a hard shift.

I do understand your reluctance, and totally respect that. Time will tell whether he comes back or not, but if he does then I'm struggling to see the negatives to it on the field ....

Banned
Reaction score

Oh that's a very dangerous attitude upon display there.
Of course we have a choice whether to support a player or not.
This isn't a dictatorship.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh that's a very dangerous attitude upon display there.
Of course we have a choice whether to support a player or not.
This isn't a dictatorship.
You don't have to support anyone. But everyone will still support the team and that person plays on the team.

So while you may not want that player to have a blinder, if they score a try or have a big game, then you end up begrudgingly acknowledging their contributions.

Are you saying that if we had signed Mitch Moses and he had a 4 try assist game that you wouldn't cheer, despite the fact that most of us want to bash his cocky little face in?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I had a much harder time supporting She-Rex than anyone in a while if I'm honest as I never truly felt he believed in or worked for the Blue & White. He was never here mentally imo. And that goes with a few players that have come across.

If SBW were to come back. And that's a BIG if ... I truly have no doubt he'd be here to make amends in some way, as he could go in so many other directions than the Dogs and make more money / fame imo. So I truly believe he'd be here to give his all and that'd big a MASSIVE plus for our team. HE would put in a hard shift.

I do understand your reluctance, and totally respect that. Time will tell whether he comes back or not, but if he does then I'm struggling to see the negatives to it on the field ....
She Rex and Woods were the absolute worst to try and support because of their attitude and laziness. They were both taking the piss and never wanted to be here and most people never wanted them here either.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Looks like SBW has put on size last night.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
During the anthem I was thinking he looked like he cut down a little...then during the Haka I really noticed how fucking huge he was lol.
That's exactly when I noticed too.