What the f*@$ is wrong with some people

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Clothing brand Bstroy sparks outrage with school shooting sweatshirts
'How dare you attempt to profit off unspeakable tragedy'

Clothing brand Bstroy is facing backlash after it unveiled hoodies emblazoned with the names of school shooting locations as part of its Spring 2020 collection.

The sweatshirts, which feature school names including Sandy Hook, where 27 people were killed, Virginia Tech, where 32 people were killed, and Marjory Stoneman Douglas, where 17 people were killed, were debuted during a show at New York Fashion Week.

In addition to the names of the school shootings, the Atlanta-based designers also added bullet holes and a tattered design to the sweatshirts.

On Instagram, where the streetwear brand shared photos of the apparel, the response has been one of disgust and disapproval.

“You should be ashamed of yourselves,” one person commented.

On a photo of a sweatshirt that reads “Stoneman Douglas,” another person said: “17 people died, this is just stupid.”

Among those criticising the hoodies were survivors and family members of those lost in the school shootings, who expressed their horror over the design.

An Instagram account for the Vicki Soto Memorial Fund, named for a teacher who died in the Sandy Hook shooting, wrote: “As a Sandy Hook family, what you are doing here is absolutely disgusting, hurtful, wrong and disrespectful.

“You’ll never know what our family went through after Vicki died protecting her students. Our pain is not to be used for your fashion.”

Marjory Stoneman Douglas survivors also spoke out, including senior Karissa Saenz, who wrote: “My dead classmates dying should not be a f***ing fashion statement” and Kyle Kashuv, who called the sweatshirts “disgusting”.

But, according to Bstroy designer and co-founder Brick Owens, the hoodies, which are part of the brand’s “Samsara” collection, are meant to display “irony”.

‐-------------

Hoodies with shooting locations on them and fake bullet holes.

I mean what the actual fuck.

In case anyone doesn't know about sandy hook (which is printed on one of the hoodies), 26 people were shot and killed, of those 26 people, 20 were children aged between 6 and 7. And this "designer" label actually has sandy hook with bullet holes on their hoodies

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Took longer than I thought for this to hit TK lol.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Asshole just wanted some publicity and they unwittingly gave him that..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They stupidly thought that literally any publicity is good publicity, so they went for the shock factor.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They stupidly thought that literally any publicity is good publicity, so they went for the shock factor.
I'd love to think that I couldn't imagine anyone would wear one but if someone has stooped low enough to make such clothing then fucking guaranteed there's also a heartless asshole who'd buy and wear it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd love to think that I couldn't imagine anyone would wear one but if someone has stooped low enough to make such clothing then fucking guaranteed there's also a heartless asshole who'd buy and wear it
Yep. T-shirt hell is perfect proof of this.

But T-shirt Hell actually has some funny stuff. They're all poor taste but they're funny. This one is just poor taste without the humour.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. T-shirt hell is perfect proof of this.

But T-shirt Hell actually has some funny stuff. They're all poor taste but they're funny. This one is just poor taste without the humour.

In my younger days I bought a few of t shit hell's productions . But at 35 I deemed I was too old for funny t-shirts ....

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So further information on this. It's only for a fashion show and won't go on sale. Apparently they wanted to create conversation about gun laws in the US.

There are better ways than this to do that. Regardless of what spin they put on it, I think this is in extremely poor taste, you can create conversation in other ways.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In my younger days I bought a few of t shit hell's productions . But at 35 I deemed I was too old for funny t-shirts ....
Same. I bought the "Autistic kids rock" shirt and the "I plane NY" shirts. Apparently I was the only one who thought they were actually funny. Now I still find them funny but I'm too old to wear them.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dammit. Now I'm getting spammed with adverts to Threadless Pop Culture shirts