Dean pay was gone ( Not an anti pay thread)

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I was hoping for a more intelligent response so will try to draw blood from a stone:

Are you a member who attends games? If so, how long have you been a member for? Talking to fellow members and many many fans people are pissed off at Des, Castle & Dib but know Pay was doing ok considering he was pushing shit uphill

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was hoping for a more intelligent response so will try to draw blood from a stone:

Are you a member who attends games? If so, how long have you been a member for? Talking to fellow members and many many fans people are pissed off at Des, Castle & Dib but know Pay was doing ok considering he was pushing shit uphill
Just remember that IF next year we start off bad, like we have the past 2 seasons, you can't blame des and co lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just remember that IF next year we start off bad, like we have the past 2 seasons, you can't blame des and co lol
It’s common knowledge we will still have salary cap issues and heavily back-ended contracts until 2021....

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
He wasn't even in the mix of getting sacked. They'll stick with him till atleast 2022.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
this not an anti pay thread relax, but I heard a rumour that just before the Cronulla game I think, he was gone 100% but there was a complete 180 and then we happened to start winning right after that and we turned it around
I’m happy that we are winning and showing signs of improvement and spirit, if this can be done between round 1 and 10 next season and through to the end I will back pay 100% but I always maintain that my criticism was justified, but happy to be proven wrong, and hope that next season we can show consistency from the beginning not just from the end
Absolute garbage.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s common knowledge we will still have salary cap issues and heavily back-ended contracts until 2021....
It’s not common knowledge.

My understanding is that we can’t sign marquee players for next year but have no salary cap issues for 2020. I have been told that we could in fact sign two more players.

They cannot re-sign Pay yet. We have only won games in the last two years when the pressure has been released. We have not scored more than 24 points in a game this year and only once gone over 20. That’s not a coach keeping season.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s no excuse any longer....geez you’ll be referencing Des forever.
It’s professional sport, even re-build is an over used cliche

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who would sign with a club when you didn’t know who the coach was in a couple of months? Hence the signings we made and why I agree to his extension.

As for no excuse? Wake up. We aren’t able to operate on the same level as other big clubs due to the salary cap mess, being forced to release many of our highly payed players, Foran on 1.1 mil and have others on backended deals. If that’s not an excuse what the fuck is?!?