Opinion The Bulldogs keep fighting unlike some of the fans

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the article was written without the parts about the fans it might have been half decent.

As a fan, someone who cares about the club, I have the right to feel upset about the last few years and what has happened. And as a fan if you feel happy about the last few years and are willing to accept the way things are you also have the right to feel that way.

Both sides shouldn't insist their opinion on others.
But I do feel the negative side do insist their opinion on the positive side more. I’m actually stuck in the middle. I see valid arguments from both sides.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But I do feel the negative side do insist their opinion on the positive side more. I’m actually stuck in the middle. I see valid arguments from both sides.
Agree with you about being in the middle. I accept there is salary cap issues and patience is needed. But I also feel Pay isn't the coach we need long term.

I do feel alot of the pro Pay people are hellbent on seeing him succeed ahead of the interests of the club.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
This coming from a journo who has stuck the boot into players after a loss,he has named players who in his opinion let the team down at certain times during a game.As is his right and more the power to him,but to then take the moral high ground against supporters doing the same smacks of hypocrisy at its finest.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This coming from a journo who has stuck the boot into players after a loss,he has named players who in his opinion let the team down at certain times during a game.As is his right and more the power to him,but to then take the moral high ground against supporters doing the same smacks of hypocrisy at its finest.
That's why he works in the media.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I stopped reading at "so called supporters", which was the first line. What garbage...

I'm sick to death of certain people on here acting holier than thou while on their high horses, thinking they're the true, chosen few fans and the rest of us are all disloyal traitors...

If you can't handle other people having opinions about the team they've supported passionately their whole life, and wasted who knows how much time and money on over the years, then get used to it, because we're not going anywhere!

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. The most negative tend to use name calling and personal put-downs more often which makes it a bit more intense. Some good points though - Pay's done nothing yet to make me think he's the right coach. I agree though that he deserves some credit for our victories if he's gonna get smashed for everything else.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I think most people are missing the point, it’s not that we won our 6th game it’s the way we did it ,
I honestly can’t remember the last time we defended like this we looked like the old dogs of war.

Plus our attack looked more promising.
It’s a positive and if we play every game like that we will be a top 8 team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This article is telling fans how they should feel, react, conduct themselves and what opinions they should have on the team, regardless of how many years the club has struggled for and how much turmoil there is.

You can't tell another person, any person, how to live their life, but Stuart Thomas and some other "loyal" Bulldogs fans can tell the rest of us how to act and that we should all be ashamed of ourselves? We should stop supporting the club?

It's funny how "true fans" like Stuart can criticise others for having too strong an opinion on things, but then he himself can get even more nasty or irrational when trying to force his opinion and delusions of superiority onto many others...

If that's not hypocrisy, then I don't know what is...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can imagine reading that as a non-bulldogs fan and you would say, "Yeah that makes sense, this bloke has it figured out".

I find it completely a washed though from an invested Bulldog fan's perspective and pretty much just a click bait article. You have done yourself no service sir. You wrote it from a clinical stand point providing all the necessary excuses we have heard all season long and for the past 5 or 6 seasons. We played a good gritty game, I stood there while you guys faltered, I am better than you! The one thing you missed was what matters the most, it's the fans who make this sport as big as it is and without them we would still be in the park.

You have not taken one single point from what the fans have gone through following these events, just condemned them. I know for a fact that on here most of the criticisms have not been aimed at simply winning or losing but more the head space and effort that has been shown. We did it against Penrith, awesome. Most have known that we could do it all along and that is what we have been asking about. Regardless of our situation this team, club, coach and Board have underachieved and have not shown the values of what it is to be Bulldogs....and proud of it. It has been the self inflicted crap that has fired and lost fans. The fans largely aren't stupid and we knew/know that times were going to be hard but that does no excuse some of the idiotic decisions made especially this season with regards to the team selections and favourites.

Good for you sir, you put up an article turning on your fellow supporters, your famous. Anyone could have written that by copy, paste, rearrange from any of the 1000 articles in the last 5 years. We played a game (which I thoroughly enjoyed) showing what use to be the minimum expectation of our teams. I too hope we are on the up but I fully acknowledge our supporters and the mental torture our own club has self inflicted on it's own fanbase without apology. Our fan's, who are still around have followed and are still following considering all the BS and whatever stance they take is there own to decide and not for you to belittle from your glass house. Peace.
I just re-read that post. I couldn't agree more. He's only interested in himself and his lazy taabloidish "article"..

Instead of writing a feel good story solely focused on how positive the signs are for the club and the future, he takes shots at the fans and is generally negative. Which makes the narrative, mood and image of the club look even worse and more divisive. It's a good thing no one reads Stuart's articles and it's the perfect illustration of why.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree mate, I just want to see us back an Better an if things turn around then of corse I will get behind the board, as far ad des goes yes he left us in a mess. As far as pay goes I want him out an always will.. just my two cents but very Strong on that an wont change my mind.!!
I know you hate the guy, and for what it's worth, I get it. But there is so much more going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.
We are not getting the results we want on the field right now, but I believe that Pay is still doing some good. And it will likely be another coach who enjoys his hard work.
What I believe Pay is doing, is building the foundation, the culture that the Bulldogs have been known for. The players seem to be happy, regardless of how badly we are doing, and it cant be easy trying to keep the teams spirits up and motivate them.
I'm not trying to convince you to give him a chance, and I'm not saying he is a great coach, or that he should be resigned, but I have to think that Pay and the club are heading in the right direction. But this will take time. However, if we pull of a few good signings and drastically improve next year, then Pay will have my support again.
Time will tell.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know you hate the guy, and for what it's worth, I get it. But there is so much more going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.
We are not getting the results we want on the field right now, but I believe that Pay is still doing some good. And it will likely be another coach who enjoys his hard work.
What I believe Pay is doing, is building the foundation, the culture that the Bulldogs have been known for. The players seem to be happy, regardless of how badly we are doing, and it cant be easy trying to keep the teams spirits up and motivate them.
I'm not trying to convince you to give him a chance, and I'm not saying he is a great coach, or that he should be resigned, but I have to think that Pay and the club are heading in the right direction. But this will take time. However, if we pull of a few good signings and drastically improve next year, then Pay will have my support again.
Time will tell.
If I see positives mate. And things start turning around etc then sure I will jump on board and be optimistic.. I want to see it an be proven right !! That’s all I want and have wanted

And yes I’m not a pay fan obviously lol, but I’m all for the good of my great club!!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will always cheer for a win. But lets be honest panthers played like rubbish too.
I disagree, the week before it was said about the Roosters too.. Dogs are playing a good brand of footy of late, pay respect when it’s due..

Fucking whining bitches on here.. EAD!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone has their own opinion and everyone is not going to agree thats the whole point of having a forum.
Us Bulldog fans are very passionate and we want success.
Everyone is just frustrated and sick of losing we want change.Thats why everyone was calling for a new coach because everyone can see its all going to be the same next year.

We do see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel being 2021 where we will have some money to buy quality players that us fans have been hoping for.

But in my opinion and a few others do not see quality players signing for the dogs under Dean Pay.
Yes we won on the weekend with some great defensive efforts but come on that was a very ugly game to watch.
Our attack was the same as it has been for years just looking lost and predictable.
The board just cant stuff up 2021 otherwise its only going to add a few mores years of misery for us fans..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think a lot of you are taking such offense to his comments because you know that in some small way he is right.
We are all sick of watching our team lose, but we should be grateful that this feeling is so foreign to us, because we have been so successful for the last 40 years.
I believe the club was on its knees due to hasler, but we are slowly picking ourselves back up again. But this is hard to do when we were so badly beaten.
The team could definitely be doing better, but it is what it is. They are all trying. The board, the coach, the trainers and the players, are doing everything they can to turn it around. So as fans, we need to try to be a little more understanding of the situation we are in, and try to be a little more reasonable with our expectations.
This is how I feel anyway. I still yell at the tv every time we lose, and carry on like a child, but i try to stay positive as well.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A very well-compiled piece Stuart.

The fans you've pinpointed are indeed an absolute disgrace. Thankfully it's just a very vocal minority.

Despite being spoon-fed the facts and reality of our club's situation by a very transparent board, these knucklehead supporters have still sunk the boot into the coach, board members, and young players still learning their craft, at any given opportunity.

Last weekend's effort against the Panthers symbolised everything that this very young and inexperienced group have been working tirelessly towards. There's grit, resolve and talent amongst them, and they're only going to get better. Throw in a couple of key signings once the cap permits - and there are very bright days ahead.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Labelling fellow fans a disgrace is just ridiculous. I don't know where this arrogance comes from?

Why are we arguing about who is the better fan in the first place? It's more absurd than any other argument or posts about Pay or the Board... Who gives a shit anyway? We're all supporting the same fucking team! Let's talk about the team!

Articles and posts like this only inflame the situation even more and are extremely petty. Everyone is taking themselves far too seriously and should open their minds to the possibility of different points of view and stop the bickering.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta have a laugh at all these people who are terribly outraged at the way fans are treating those currently in charge of the club. I bet they were just as outraged with the way dib, des and company were treated by those same awful supporters........or maybe not.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Labelling fellow fans a disgrace is just ridiculous. I don't know where this arrogance comes from?

Why are we arguing about who is the better fan in the first place? It's more absurd than any other argument or posts about Pay or the Board... Who gives a shit anyway? We're all supporting the same fucking team! Let's talk about the team!

Articles and posts like this only inflame the situation even more and are extremely petty. Everyone is taking themselves far too seriously and should open their minds to the possibility of different points of view and stop the bickering.
Imagine being called a disgrace for seeing through the bullshit, and actually caring about the clubs future

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just re-read that post. I couldn't agree more. He's only interested in himself and his lazy taabloidish "article"..

Instead of writing a feel good story solely focused on how positive the signs are for the club and the future, he takes shots at the fans and is generally negative. Which makes the narrative, mood and image of the club look even worse and more divisive. It's a good thing no one reads Stuart's articles and it's the perfect illustration of why.
I guess it's a good thing for the current board that a lot of CB Bulldog members are critical of Boards, players, coaches, have high standards, and expect all of them to perform.

If all members were blindly accepting of what Boards, players, coaches serve up then this current Board wouldn't have been elected to clean things up.

The whole lot are there because members whinged and complained about Dib/Castle/Hasler and their poor performance. So fans and members should hold office bearers and coaches to account and that is fair.

Personal insults and foul language is uncalled for but that's how pages like this roll. Be good to cut that out of any evaluation of the Board, Coach or players though.