Stats with Lewis vs without

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last two seasons:

With Lewis 8-11
Without Lewis 6-18

The defensive steel he gives that left edge is immense. Is easily one of the top halves defensively and is forming a nice combo with Cogger. Think we should persist with these two.
I think it would be devastating to drop Lewis again he will sign somewhere else... Cogger keeps reminding me of Sherwin.... He can push through a hole in a game as well

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger is a great little organiser/general. If Lewis can't learn to attack effectively and stop stifling his outside men then it creates an awkward situation because I didn't think Wakeham deserved to be dropped.
I think Lewis and Cogger complemented each other very well today actually. Lewis's kicking game was on song, and defensively he was great, and Coggers running game was fantastic, along with his passing.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His defence is outstanding
But but seems our attack when he gets the ball stutters a bit, even when it goes thru the hands
Great young kid but you shouldn’t be picking a half or 5/8 of defensive abilities
Really needs to add to his games, his passing needs improving and give me a grubbed, chip, instead of a fucking bomb every option

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cogger is a great little organiser/general. If Lewis can't learn to attack effectively and stop stifling his outside men then it creates an awkward situation because I didn't think Wakeham deserved to be dropped.
Spot on!! I think Lewis is over rated.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last two seasons:

With Lewis 8-11
Without Lewis 6-18

The defensive steel he gives that left edge is immense. Is easily one of the top halves defensively and is forming a nice combo with Cogger. Think we should persist with these two.
He won me over with his defense on Sam Burgess. Never have I seen Sammy so frustrated by another opponent .

Pay was a dick to drop Lewis..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Cogger doesn't stand up last night we probably lose that game 8-0 to be honest.
Same could be said if Lewis wasn't playing, we probably would have lossed by 20+... Shit position to be in... Still want to see what's on offer with Lewis/Wakeham combo.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His defence is great but he's looking less and less like a half.

I don't think moving him to hooker is a solution - we've already got a one dimensional hooker that can just tackle.

A decent coach would work out his best position and develop him, looks like that might be elsewhere if Pay sticks around.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I can tell you he was going to be lock but injuries to others changed that...I still think he will end up there someday...I agree that he just needs to be in the team, anywhere...
Needs to bulk up a bit for lock but otherwise agree. Once Elliott is gone and Jacko retires that spot can be Lachy’s for his defence.

Would be nice to see Cogger and Wakeham be given an opportunity to develop a good halves combo.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Same could be said if Lewis wasn't playing, we probably would have lossed by 20+... Shit position to be in... Still want to see what's on offer with Lewis/Wakeham combo.
Let’s just throw random combos in to “see” what they offer
How bout you play the bloke that’s offered the most, hence why cogger has been there with Foran when his not injured
Glad your not coach
Let’s throw in so n so just to see what they offer with so n so

That’s not how you coach a team

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think that's a stretch we were scrambling well in defence as a team last night. Lewis made some important tackles but he is a half and he needs to show something with the ball.

With limited ball and field position Cogger cashed in when we really needed him to.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s just throw random combos in to “see” what they offer
How bout you play the bloke that’s offered the most, hence why cogger has been there with Foran when his not injured
Glad your not coach
Let’s throw in so n so just to see what they offer with so n so

That’s not how you coach a team
Thanks for the input champ. Probably still think we can make the 8...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think that's a stretch we were scrambled well in defence as a team last night. Lewis made some important tackles but he is a half and he needs to show something with the ball.

With limited ball and field position Cogger cashed in when we really needed him to.
He did no doubt, finally threw a good left to right ball, Hallelujah.

Lewis fumbled a few times but directed the team around well whilst Coggar got to take a step back and choose his plays.

What I'm really trying to say though is who adds more in attack and defence? I'd say Wakeham is the best in regards to attack whilst Lewis is the best in D. Coggar is ok in both.

If Coggar's attack and Lewis's defence got us over the line last night then how would Wakeham's attack and Lewis's defence go? Would be nice to see.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Where's the stat for the amount of times we yell "what the fuck" when Lewis does a thing with the ball in hand.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He did no doubt, finally threw a good left to right ball, Hallelujah.

Lewis fumbled a few times but directed the team around well whilst Coggar got to take a step back and choose his plays.

What I'm really trying to say though is who adds more in attack and defence? I'd say Wakeham is the best in regards to attack whilst Lewis is the best in D. Coggar is ok in both.

If Coggar's attack and Lewis's defence got us over the line last night then how would Wakeham's attack and Lewis's defence go? Would be nice to see.
We struggle for points so badly I don't think we can have a half holding down their position just on defence alone.

I'd prefer Wakeham and Cogger as they both give us point scoring potential. Cogger is really improving he had a nice second half against the Chooks and continued with it last night.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis was very solid in attack last night. Cogger was brilliant but Lewis did a lot of the kicking, which for the most part was very good (he seems to lack a variety of kicks, always going for the bomb, should try a little grubber in goal to get a repeat set more often).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We struggle for points so badly I don't think we can have a half holding down their position just on defence alone.

I'd prefer Wakeham and Cogger as they both give us point scoring potential. Cogger is really improving he had a nice second half against the Chooks and continued with it last night.
Your not wrong, but how much pressure will it put on defensive structures.

Anyways we will not know until we see Wakeham and Lewis in the halves so we'll leave it at that for now.