ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last two seasons:

With Lewis 8-11
Without Lewis 6-18

The defensive steel he gives that left edge is immense. Is easily one of the top halves defensively and is forming a nice combo with Cogger. Think we should persist with these two.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t Pay drop him because of his defence?

Reactions: DT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He has been great since making an appearance last 2 games , happy with his performance...!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger is a great little organiser/general. If Lewis can't learn to attack effectively and stop stifling his outside men then it creates an awkward situation because I didn't think Wakeham deserved to be dropped.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Lewis definitely sets the tone with his defence. Has to be in the side. His attacking kicking game really compensates well for Cogger's. Overall Cogger was the difference maker in attack tonight though, really showed Lewis up.

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In his interview he said his dad made him tackle tires constantly when he was a kid.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He literally offers nothing other than defending.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis and Cleary are the best 2 defensive halfbacks in the NRL. Both need to improve their attack big time though.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last two seasons:

With Lewis 8-11
Without Lewis 6-18

The defensive steel he gives that left edge is immense. Is easily one of the top halves defensively and is forming a nice combo with Cogger. Think we should persist with these two.
Reminds me of the movie Moneyball....

Maybe Lewis has shit attack stats, but maybe he has excellent defence stats, and maybe those defence increases lead us to win games?

When he plays we win twice as much as when he doesn't, that alone is great. It can't all be coincidence and he's not effecting that, especially with how pivotal his role is.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just realised Lewis and Foran have only played 3 games together (Rd 1-3 2019). That is so dumb. They need time to blend and Foran to teach Lewis. Could've had 7 more weeks together in Rd 9-15.

More Moneyball:
  • Foran without Lewis wins by avg 5 points
  • Lewis without Foran wins by avg 11 points.
  • Together they've only won 1 game together so it's useless as an average but it's 14.
So Lewis wins more games alone and wins by more points alone, even though he obviously isn't as good at attacking. It probably that the team don't concede as many points with Lewis so their overall margin increases because he's good at defending, doesn't miss tackles or need a 2nd man in who compresses the line and lets tries in down the edges with overlaps.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis and Foran (unlike cogger who is a ball player) have similar Games. I'd like all 3 in the same side - Lewis as hooker as his defence is good.
(JMK on the bench as utility)

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his interview he said his dad made him tackle tires constantly when he was a kid.
Lachie Lewis dad was a tough character in Brisbane rugby league when the competition was big , my dAd said all the Lewis cousins and Bros were very tough but lachies dad was known for his defence

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% agreed he still deserves to be in the side but not half back maybe lock all hooker
I can tell you he was going to be lock but injuries to others changed that...I still think he will end up there someday...I agree that he just needs to be in the team, anywhere...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His defence is his weapon for us. His combo with cogger is getting better and i would persist with him and foran can be our most expensive player on the bench when he returns im really really over foran now his not part of our future at all.