Holbrook cannot come soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If that’s what happens the board surely are writing their own papers to be disposed of asap

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont agree we’ve almost beaten storm there are some good players in the group that are being coached very poorly youd be very surprised at the difference with a bad and good coach
Aaron lets be fair dinkum here.

The other day we finally recruited an excellent outside back. imo DWZ is a winger, but momentarily he is by far the best FB we have at the club.

Our 6, 7 & 9 is the worst in the comp. (Young Wakeham is excluded. Kid is very promising)

Our forward pack lacks size, power, mobility, grunt and intimidation.

I'll split it into 3 sections for you - Outside backs, Forward pack, Spine. Compare these with the other 15 NRL clubs and let me know who we are better than?!

Im going to stop here as its quite depressing....

On a coaches note, a good coach would have this squad a lot fitter and stronger. This is where Pay for me has failed miserably, as well as his constant chopping and changing of the teams amongst other basic things

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay could lose with the Storm's roster tbh

axeman23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I dont agree we’ve almost beaten storm there are some good players in the group that are being coached very poorly youd be very surprised at the difference with a bad and good coach
That game against Melbourne, a refereeing "mistake" killed us, not Pay's coaching. We should've taken that conversion attempt a foot in from where we were directed to take it. Not Pay's fault.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Next year is a key year for signing recruits for 2021.

Pay will attract on one who isn’t offered extreme overs.

Holbrook at the end of this season pls.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Exactly!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Exactly!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

How can you possibly justify that Holbrook will be any better for attracting talent? He hasn't coached a first grade team before and his overall profile within rugby league circles is inferior to Pay.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoping that Holbrook (if he is coming of course) will bring a few SL players.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How can you possibly justify that Holbrook will be any better for attracting talent? He hasn't coached a first grade team before and his overall profile within rugby league circles is inferior to Pay.
Quiet simply for the fact he has got runs on the board over in England and no doubt knows and has the respect of some quality over there. For example those two props they have that most clubs want.

Regardless pays shown he hasn’t got much to offer in this regards (along with every other aspect of coaching)

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Quiet simply for the fact he has got runs on the board over in England and no doubt knows and has the respect of some quality over there. For example those two props they have that most clubs want.

Regardless pays shown he hasn’t got much to offer in this regards (along with every other aspect of coaching)
I really don't think runs on the board solely in a couple of years of Super League equates to being a massive attraction for players in the NRL.

Daniel Anderson put runs on the board in England, I don't think players were jumping out of their skin to come and play for him when he coached in the NRL thereafter.

DWZ, the highest profile mid-season transfer ended up with us despite plenty of rival interest, and credited an extended chat with Pay as part of the reasons he joined us. Not a bad pull with very limited current resources.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't think runs on the board solely in a couple of years of Super League equates to being a massive attraction for players in the NRL.

Daniel Anderson put runs on the board in England, I don't think players were jumping out of their skin to come and play for him when he coached in the NRL thereafter.

DWZ, the highest profile mid-season transfer ended up with us despite plenty of rival interest, and credited an extended chat with Pay as part of the reasons he joined us. Not a bad pull with very limited current resources.
Chris Smith, is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.