Votes: 32 37.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 62.4%

• Total voters

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m hearing a whisper that TWO Sydney clubs may come a knocking in November with a longer term offer for Hopoate (certainly beyond 2020).

Thoughts, happy for him to leave a year early? BTW full freight, no subsidy required by the Dogs.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, not until we sign a capable replacement.

He cops it one here regularly, with such smart nicknames like "floppa" but the fact remains he's one of our better backs, and consistently one of our best every week

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No, not until we sign a capable replacement.

He cops it one here regularly, with such smart nicknames like "floppa" but the fact remains he's one of our better backs, and consistently one of our best every week
Chimpy !!!! :grinning:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
absolutely .. would be on ridiculous money next year at a guess.

he is far too slow and also is regularly dominated in tackles .. i dont care how silky his skills are.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I don’t know what all the fuss about hoppa is, I’d be glad if he left.

bulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm still peeved that the club and he thought it was a good idea to skip Sundays, ancient history now but still makes my blood boil.

Solid performer, but hasn't formed any real combinations with the players around him in attack or defence. I wouldn't be happy to see him go, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

We need more, for all his skills he lacks aggression with and without the ball.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd want to be signing someone very good in his stead.
See what happened when we lost the wealth of experience in the Morris boys?
We have been decimated down their edge all year.
Yeah, he cops a lot of flak here but even with Hoppa we are demanding (Rightfully) a gun centre; letting him go means we need 2.

There are some advantages to letting him go but it must be handled better than the Klemmer/Napa situation.
He's been great for us depsite what some people will say but maybe we do need a full clean out.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No one will take him for full freight, no point letting him go if we're going to still pay part of his contract, he's not a bad player just on more money than he should be

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you imagine Montoya and Holland in the centres FMD.

But if we can get someone to pay full freight and we can find a suitable replacement then yes it might be to our caps benefit.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
absolutely .. would be on ridiculous money next year at a guess.

he is far too slow and also is regularly dominated in tackles .. i dont care how silky his skills are.
X2

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For sure. Hoppa has been pretty good but he'd be on 600k or more on a backended deal next year. Hoppa, Jackson, Tolman and Foran should all be shopped heading into the last years of their deals. Some teams will have interest in each as long as partial freight is paid for most of them.

That would still free up over $2 million and replacement players can be signed during this offseason for 2020, despite being under contract for longer. You see huge amounts of movement every offseason.

This would allow Holbrook or whoever else to put their stamp on the team right away.

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
backended or not should not be let go unless there is a suitable replacement ...hows the manu rumour going

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Not unless we have his replacement signed up already and someone better! At this stage we have released a lot and not replaced much. We keep downgrading in these player movements and look where we are. We need to start asking these clubs for players in return and not their scraps.