KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s quicker than I realised

His acceleration got him out of the jam a few times and our sets starting well

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh he was very good, would be nice if he had the ball playing ability that you need from top fullbacks today. If you could merge him and Hoppa then you'd have probably one of the best players in the game.
How many games has he played at fullback in his entire career? I dont think its that many. Difficult not a full season. Slater and Brett Swerert are just two examples of gun fullbacks that were great ball runners early in there careers. But it take them awhile to develop ball playing skills. Hopefully dwz develops a passing game like them with a few more games at fullback. Difficulty think we should stick with him as our long-term fullback. Cause his ball running, positioning, anticipation, support play defense etc are already very good for a fullback. Once he improves his pass game which im sure he will then he will be a superstar.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s quality, looks threatening every time he touches the ball and his hard running inspires the team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How many games has he played at fullback in his entire career? I dont think its that many. Difficult not a full season. Slater and Brett Swerert are just two examples of gun fullbacks that were great ball runners early in there careers. But it take them awhile to develop ball playing skills. Hopefully dwz develops a passing game like them with a few more games at fullback. Difficulty think we should stick with him as our long-term fullback. Cause his ball running, positioning, anticipation, support play defense etc are already very good for a fullback. Once he improves his pass game which im sure he will then he will be a superstar.
Pretty sure he played fullback in the lower grades. He just doesn't have it and is why he never nailed down the role at Penrith. Worth persisting with him there for the time being but I wouldn't be banking on him, if Meaney isn't going to come good then i'd be keeping my eyes out for other options and DWZ can potentially move to centre/wing down the track.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our defence looks a lot better since he arrived I think he is a lot better at telling players where to go from the back.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time watching him live tonight and he is not in another class, but another world than our other backs. Acceleration, speed. Would be good if he had the silky hands of Hoppa, but that will come.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of that cronulla kid of a former player/coach (Lang or something with long hair) that used to run 100 miles return and get knocked the fuck out.
Martin Lang? The guy who ran straight at the line with his chin sticking out, no step, no looking for the gap between defenders, no slowing down...then complained when he got smacked on the chin. Like seriously, self preservation dude!

Noticed he was on League Life talking about all the concussions he got

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time watching him live tonight and he is not in another class, but another world than our other backs. Acceleration, speed. Would be good if he had the silky hands of Hoppa, but that will come.
I second that I was there tonight to and fully appreciate what he brings.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin Lang? The guy who ran straight at the line with his chin sticking out, no step, no looking for the gap between defenders, no slowing down...then complained when he got smacked on the chin. Like seriously, self preservation dude!

I'm surprised he's still alive!

Probably runs through walls for a living.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was immense tonight. He was all over the park and was linking up well with everyone and creating something out of nothing constantly. This is what a fullback should provide and it further illustrates how bad Meaney was when we now see the difference each week.

And to think just weeks ago many people were calling for Meaney to stay at fullback and to shift DWZ to wing or centre...

DWZ changes the whole dynamic of the team. If the club ever signed a good hooker then we might win even more games.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s a breath of fresh air
The highlight of the season for me
Every run is like its his last
Will embarrass our cream puffs into running it a lot harder
Plus he usually gets a quick play the ball or jags a penalty
Quickly becoming my favourite player

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I know right... One tough but dumb sob

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
DWZ is the rockstar fullback we needed... Meaney needs to learn off him and Hoppa.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yh he was very good, would be nice if he had the ball playing ability that you need from top fullbacks today. If you could merge him and Hoppa then you'd have probably one of the best players in the game.
I noticed he was passing more in the match against Newcastle. You can see he is working on that aspect. Hope he continues to evolve.